Big suprise...the update won't be till next week.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slyguy65, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Eclipson

After watching FNO, its clear that this update still won't be released for quite a while
  2. sustainedfire

I had the same impression.

Why not just post telling that the updated will not go live today? Its around 5 PST, office hours are almost finished for the day.

If its not ready, its not ready. So, is it ready?
  3. Ronin Oni

1) Fine, maybe 'professional understanding' would have been a better term

2) It was a joke assumption, not meant to be taken literal but rather to compare what I assume to be rather comparatively small project work compared to the monstrosity that is Forgelight and Planetside 2

3) Unnerved would be a quality of getting one's panties into a bunch. Also lol at SOE's dev team not being 'real world'

4) "Umad?" is a well known internet meme. If it's not blatantly obvious that I do in fact have a decent lexicon and understanding of the English language then maybe you're the one in need of further education. This is the internet. It's saturated with acronyms and intentionally misspelled words in the name of humor. Maybe you just need a sense of humor.

5) You were criticizing SOE developers on their capability at their job and inferring they should, or at least could, be easily replaced with better programmers. You used your own programming history as reasoning behind your criticism of their quality, when your own history lacks any project of anywhere near the size and scope of this one. I'm just calling you out on it. Oh, and you're right, this pink does make my post look cooler.

In closing, SOE never once said that any of the projected dates were official, and even explicitly stated prior to launching the Roadmap that all dates were estimates that they would try to meet but that things were always subject to change. Part of their opening up their plans was on the understanding that they're showing what they hope to have tentatively but not guaranteed.
  4. fish998

Quoted so you realize your post was too long :p
  5. VSDerp

felt the same .disappointed
  6. Slyguy65

*sigh* not even an update on the update at the end of the week...when they said it would be released...

AAaaaand its actually tonight....

Good for them, glad to be proved wrong
  7. yogafire

People need to chill out. Im guessing most of you guys dont actually make software for a living or you would understand why deadlines move and why its not always as straightforward as you think it is. Yeah they said this week, but whatever came up so they moved it slightly so it actually works. You dont get partial credit for a half working patch.
  8. Edgar Allan Bro

So it's going live tonight?
  9. fish998

source?
  10. icesail

How about neither?

Things should be on time and not defective.
  11. Slyguy65

AAAAaaaaand its not happening....

wow. SOE is trolling hard
  12. nukularZ

They still have a little bit over 24 hours until the week is officially over. But it is disappointing they haven't given us an update since first telling us above the delay.
  13. Rhapsody

What could they tell us?.

"The patch will be out at X Time on X day" - which leads to massive ranting when the deadline passes

or

"The patch is comming 'soon' " - which leads to massive ranting over how 'soon' is used to much by companies that dont want to catch the heat from option 1.
  14. Badgered

They should say something already. -_-
  15. Gibber

I wish the marketing department would stop making threads like this... haven't they ruined enough games by rushing the devs.
  16. Uben Qui

This guy is on Waterson. We are kind of embarrassed....

17. Skadi

Do i spy a Atlas skull in your siggy?
  18. HannaDest

Lyrans.......
  19. Bill Hicks

doesnt mean it cant be hotfixed in. Magrider will be nerfed gauranteed
  20. Skadi

Dont be jelly that my wallet is bigger than your mech.
    • Up x 1