Upcoming Patch: Magrider Nerfed, Vanguard & Prowler Buffed!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bluEyedillusions, Jan 31, 2013.

1. W0rthy

Yeah gj mr. statistics, unfortunately two skilled players going up against eachother in tanks makes this a very different story. That prowler is buffed and mag is nerfed only compounds that problem, i don't really care that newbies who are not certed in tank gets taken out by fully certed mags.
  2. MrLorgy

The very fact that uncerted prowlers are being destroyed by heavily certed magriders, is due to two reasons wich we also can use the MAGICAL RARE TALENT of common sense to analyse.

Nr 1. The Prowler is not worth certing into.

Nr 2. The magrider's abilities allows it's driver to fully cert a MBT, so as to further increase the gap.

Conclusion: You can run, but you can not hide.... The nerf stick will get you!
  3. W0rthy

LOL at this, please go fight certed prowlers with mag. Mag only people tend to use gunner so they are both anti armor (HPR saron), aswell as the anti armor primary giving them a pretty good chance vs prowlers, whereas prowler drivers tend to be more solo.

Quite a few have become dedicated mag users due to the overblown reputation they have gotten through whiners, and thus very proficient at using them and highly certed. But they are primarly used against infantry.

I don't know how it is on your server, but on the one i play on 30+ prowlers are nearly a daily occurence, pushing us down from indar escavation, so i have quite a lot of experience fighting prowlers with anti armor mag. And unless i catch them off guard from the side or back with the first 1-2 shots, they accelerate towards me and then things get pretty dicey very fast. The usual response tends to be fortifying an installation trying to reduce their numbers with HA and scythes.

I doubt it's going to be much easier with this update. But i guess TR players needs all the help they can get.
  4. sdfasdfa

It is very unlikely that a vastly different number of tanks die every day. The beauty of such a large sample is that it gives very reasonable trend analysis - enough samples that all the possible individual events disappear into one big picture. It is extremely unlikely that looking further would yield a much different picture. This isn't 10 or 100 kills - it's 10000, enough that it'll be a composite from all sorts of engagements and scenarios and timezones.
  5. W0rthy

LOL again.. you say prowler is not worth certing in which obviously means you haven't done so.. so basically you say mag is op because you go up against a certed mag with a badly certed prowler and expect not to get owned?

YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO OWN A FULLY CERTED MAG WITH A BAD CERTED PROWLER.. And if that is your idea of balance you're an idiot. Unfortunately this has been the substance of the magrider complaints, including acting like stock mags can dodge dumb rockets all day, including a bs artist who claimed a 200+ killstreak with a stock magrider dodging everything without a problem. (get in a stock mag and try attacking infantry with it, let me know how it turns out).

"Prowler is not worth certing into?" seriously? i fight prowlers with HA on a daily basis, and certed they are a frigging beast not to mention fast as hell. Including quite good at dodging dumb rockets, but i guess some players are better than others. They definately don't need training wheels on their prowlers. But apparently the vast majority of TR players seem to differ.
  6. MrLorgy

I am "sorry" Did you just say that you where getting owned by Prowlers going south from Indar excavation...?

That is to say... At Quarts Ridge.

Wow you must suck, that place is a Prowler graveyard.

If you under any circumstances actually allow a Prowler to close with you in that situation and use his Higly inaccurat guns in CQC...

Then I have bad news for you mate.
    • Up x 3
  7. Grammer

Reading through this thread I think it is clear that the vast majority of players have no concern at all for "balance". They either want to remain "OP" or desire to become the new flavor of the month.

Yes, it is clear that Magriders outperformed the other factions MBTs but I believe nerfing Mags while at the same time buffing the other tanks is irresponsible. Do one, if it was enough, great. If it wasn't, apply the other fix. Balance is found through fine strokes, not with a paint roller.

In regards to the listed stats, let us not forget that like many of the other facets of the VS, our MBT is easier to use than the other factions equivalent. Since it has a fixed turret unlike the other tanks you are not required to manage your movement and point of aim independent of each other. It is my belief that this allows our "bad" tankers to out perform the other factions dead weight and contributes heavily to those numbers.
  8. SgtRolling

Pure goddman ********, nothing is OP, nothing is underpowered with MBTs. How about instead of buffing out of the prowler's cannon (which is already great) MAKE IT SO THEY DON'T ******* SLIDE LIKE HOCKEY PUCKS! OR MAYBE STABALIZE TURRETS? That would be a more useful and fair buff to Prowlers/Vanguards, rather than just making their guns better than Mags.
  9. Goldoche429

10. Dr.Destro229

11. Wobberjockey

i did not claim the stats were in any way 'BS'

i am pointing out that trying to abstract a trend line from a single datapoint is an exercise in futility (or a blatant falsification of data, depending on intent)

and that is all WE have. a single datapoint from a random day. is it a week day? a weekend? was a squad running an op that day?
    we don't know. and those factors could push the numbers one way or another.

you are right that it is statistically unlikely for this datapoint to be too far from the mean KDR, but since we don't know ANYTHING about the dataset (mean median, mode, standard deviation, etc) all we can say is that on day X, magriders kicked the crap out of the other empires tanks.

Day Y might have been different. potentially significantly so.
  12. Uben Qui

13. Varben

We were only unhappy in the first place cause it made the tank less fun and more annoying to drive. Pointing out how powerful the Prowler is gonna be isn't crying about nerfs cause we weren't really nerfed the way most people would consider a straight nerf. We lost a bit of speed on our Sauron, but we mostly were just gonna get beached on roots and not have the fun of watching our tank hover higher and higher. Hover power isn't why we can go anywhere. To understand that, you gotta cert out a flash.
  14. Izriul

Something I am a little confused about.

HRB goes from 300 to 250.

Enforcer goes to 300.

Both have no drop.

Enforcer has higher splash damage with 1000 compared to HRB 750.

Enforcer has a 1 second longer life span

Enforcer has no firing delay.

So, NC whine 24/7 about the saron, and now get what was already a very similar gun, buffed to be better.

Now, I don't care really, I personally dislike the Saron, I'm primarily just the driver, and I like my HE, and with the hover "nerf" I'm quite happy, since, I see that more as a buff (Having Rival 3 was a death sentence against other mags, who could quite easily go under you and flip you. Hell, I was even whining about it today saying I wish that I got all the perks EXCEPT that, so, my wish came true)

So now, NC get a more powerful Saron, which in turn, means the enmass is going to cry about it, and thus, get nerfed a lot harder in a couple weeks time, since us mags are still going to dodge it, but prowlers on lockdown are going to feel the full force of it. I don't understand this logic really. This is far from going to effect me, and I guess most other mag drivers, what it will effect, is a vastly different out come between prowlers and VG fights. Since both of those factions are notorious for whining, their going to basically get themselves nerfed so much harder than what they already claim they are now...all for a couple weeks of pissing each other off.
    • Up x 1
  15. W0rthy

You've already told between the lines you haven't even certed your prowler. And even stated outright that the main reason mags beat prowler is because prowler is not worth certing.. oO Maybe you should try it instead of asking for changes that allow a stock prowler to have a decent chance against a well certed mag.

Please cert reading comprehension, quartz ridge is one of the places that can be fortified against tank zerg. where we fortify and try to hold them off. They steamroll from dahaka or saurva unless they get stopped. And if we successfully hold them off at quartz, they go west highlands instead up to allatum bio.

I can guarantee you i know how to play this game, don't even go there.

Also you handily ignored the substance of what i was saying, well played sir.
  16. MrLorgy

Edited.

Keep going mate, don't let those totaly fair balance changes keep you down
  17. Antivide

Considering the HRB is still a superior long range weapon due to the Mag's inherent strafe ability, I don't think it's an imbalance as everyone crying about it is.

HRB is still useful, Halberd is now more powerful rather than completely being outclassed by the HRB.
  18. HellasVagabond

Friend i don't know if you play with tanks in PS2 but you have it all wrong. When measuring DISTANCE it's far better to have 2 shots than 1. Now the Prowler has two shots resulting in around 60-65% each (compared to the Vanguard) which means that in close combat it can score a total of around 30% more damage than the Vanguard. On top of that add the Vulcan which is superior to everything the NC have. SIMPLY NOT FAIR.
  19. teks

This is pretty funny. The treaders still can't climb walls or aim and now they can't whine either. Sucks about the sarun. I wasn't impressed with the gun before this anyway, suppose I'll go AA since I own you guys as-is in vehicle vs vehicle. Enjoy your buff

By the way. I love your quote
    “Well the ideal of the NC in terms of weaponry is to excel in areas that don't matter while sacrificing all else.”
  20. Bloodlet

Muzzle velocity increases mean that your rounds take less time to travel to the target making it harder for magriders to dodge them.