An Analysis on Weapon Balance (NC UP)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Antivide, Jan 30, 2013.

1. hellin

Well ... We make a shield that would shoot one hit, but organics inflicted 10 percent of the damage.;)
  2. iRhuel

Really ******* tired of people baselessly claiming scythes are somehow "more maneuverable". They have slightly less natural drop when hovering, and better deceleration. That's it. Mossies accelerate faster with higher top end AND climbing speed, and reavers have higher diving speed and afterburner.

And the scythe's afterburners are buggy as ****.
  3. LordMondando

The Scythe has the smallest turning circle.

this is one of the most important attributes a dog fighting aircraft can have
  4. hellin

And you have the concept of what is different carbine from the rifle and sniper rifle?

PS. Sights on sniper rifles lack the scale of sight and markings for the frequent reticle is not correct.
  5. Antivide

Carbines lower recoil, lower bullet velocity and lower damage at range. So close-medium rather than long.
  6. NovaAustralis

Yup, simplest solution is make flinch be based on damage received.

NC are supposed to be heavy hitters wearing heavy armour, therefore they should flinch less and make enemies flinch more.
  7. hellin

Well, the way it is conceived. HARDMOD AND IS HARDMOD.
  8. Antivide

Did you even read the post? This is about infantry weapons.

I'll make another post about ESF balance. But I will point out two things tha tare wrong about your assertion.

Reavers do not have higher diving speed, that was removed a month ago from a bug and it's still not fixed. Reaver's have NO A/B speed. They have slightly higher A/B speed and that's it.

The only advantage the Reaver has is 20 KPH faster A/B. It has the worst nose gun, worst handling, and worst speed.
  9. hellin

Amateur ...
    The shortened version of AR. Lower accuracy, higher rate, higher the speed of a bullet, above penetration below damaging. In short, it's easier. The returns are weaker.
    Assault rifle. Optimum mean.
    SR. Can be seen as oblong version AR. Long. Sometimes it's easier AR (by eliminating unnecessary elements). Higher accuracy, a very low rate of fire. The speed of a bullet is often lower because of the strong friction of the air in the trunk.
  10. mina5

NC guns are fine ... i just don't get all this whining + only faction what cry all the time is NC no mater is their guns OP or UP .
    NC guns do good dmg and anyone whit half a brain intact can compensate recoil . i do admit it "naked" gun whit out any cert addons is a bit rubbish , but when certed they are very very good guns
  11. Pixelshader

Nothing to do with being a respected gamer. It's simply the fact someone who's been thinking about fps mechanics for a decade will know more about PS2's weapon balance than the OP can even comprehend.

The fact he made this thread is proof of that. The problem is (obviously) too complex to examine objectively without the actual in game performance data, which I might add the weapon designer has had access to for all of beta.
  12. 13lackCats

Another self-serving balance post.

How quaint.
    • Up x 1
  13. the pestimist

you forgot your e's but this is an mmo there cant be a hard mode.
  14. BlueyTheWolf

There is only one thing I wanna say
    " NC cert your guns they are freaking awesome "

BR2 orion vs any level TR HA pick any gun aside from shotgun 60% you will lose in cqc
    VS vs TR at ranged 80% you will lose cause of no bullet drop *Stats sheets say NULL for VS bullet drop*
    We got only one rifle acts like NC style abit more accurate,more damage and second slowest rof which is TMG50 and its awesome for us.Even so you have to spend 17 shots to kill single person cause proably 8 will miss on range.

For a TR soldier life is get close or lose and since game isnt balanced and VS ROF as good as TR.Even getting close isnt 100% win but it was game's own advertisment said TR should be king of ROF and CQC nope havent seen that.

VS is the king of this game, best ESF,best tank,best anti tank secondry,allround rof-damage-drop and weirdly I dont know for sure but its like VS LA jumppack much much much better than others.Atleast I felt like that.

NC weapons are fine, they could use some rof buff like "5 points" but for TR either accuracy or less bullet spread should come cause its funny we are trying to hug every enemy on the field.

I killed 18 VS after I got stranded alone in a base my character died at the end due to reason I spend so much munitions on missing xD Life of TR perfect aim half of the bullets missing.Terrible bullet spread.
  15. Madrey

" NC -> More effort, same payoff
    VS/TR - > Less effort, same payoff "

This, this right here why doesn't anybody see the flawed logic in this concept.

How many players do you think that play this game or are going to, will find the challenge appealing and fun.

The goal here is to fill up a 6000 population server.

The "Easy" path's or the "Hard" one, I mean if there was a 10% exp bonus, a incentive of some sort or if TR had some sort of real

downside to their weapons that wasn't so easy to over come since their suppose to be (I hope anyway) the Medium difficulty

faction. Something to explain the increase in difficulty but there isn't, I just hate the idea of people leaving my faction because it too

challenging and not very rewarding, which causes a population imbalance that only stays balance because of a constant influx on

new players which causes another problem. Which I can't blame them for doing because video games are suppose to be enjoyable,

why play it if its not enjoyable.

Then there is this question that keeps bugging me, why aren't most hardcore veteran fps'ers that play PS2 playing NC isn't that the

point of the faction to attract high skilled players. Of course what if they are and they only account for a very small amount of the

game pop or their playing the other factions for some other reason. Which makes me think whats the point of the difficulty.
  16. Crywalker

It's not that complex, stats are available online, and anyone can test the guns. Thinking about FPS mechanics for a decade doesn't mean you're going to be always right about them or capable of creating balance between guns that perform differently. It's just as convincing if not more to suggest the players must be right due to how many of them agree, some of which are also experienced long time hardcore FPS players.

It's obvious that there is a problem though, or people of every faction wouldn't agree that NC guns are generally weaker. I've played VS mainly and a bit of TR, and even just facing NC and TR as enemies there's a noticeable difference. NCs are much weaker in CQC unless they use a shotgun, and overall weaker at mid range. Even at longer ranges where higher damage is supposed to pay off, NC don't seem noticeably more dangerous. High rate of fire and low recoil is the clear winner at most ranges in this game.
  17. haniblecter

Rate of fire is everything when you have a general layer of damage (the shield) that ends, leading to a specialized area of damage (normal hp, headshots).

Whoever has less cone of spread and more accuracy when those shields finally come down will win, normally, that isnt the NC.
  18. Undeadfred

I find it hilarious that no one addresses the stat that really matters. CON OF FIRE. The Cone of fire is far better across most NC guns (especially the saw). You can get out more damage (not necessarily more rounds) before that Cone expands. When a game has a quick TTK like this game, then the amount of time you can remain on target is the most valuable stat.

I'm not telling you NC guns are OP, or that they dont have flaws but any one who doesn't include that in their "Analysis" frankly doesn't have a damn clue what they are talking about.

19. Vorpal

My experience after trying VS after first having Tr/NC weapons was that

TR weapons felt fine
    NC weapons default felt terrible
    VS weapons default felt absolutely amazing and blew both others out of the water.

I'm aware that with good recoil compensation and lots of pricey attachments NC weapons actually outperform TR weapons, but stock, they are awful. TR weapons are perfectly serviceable stock and VS weapons are amazing.

One BIG thing is that as a new player I was told 'NC excel at short range!'

This is false. TR excel at short range, where their low accuracy doesn't hamper them and their higher ROF can take over. VS excel at all ranges. NC excel at medium range where their generally greater accuracy over time (if given the right attachments) and greater bullet damage makes them decent. At close range they are abysmal because of the low ROF.
    • Up x 1
  20. LittleDi

heh... dubstep, lasers, and spandex...