Anyone else going to drop this game when PS1 goes F2P?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheArchetype, Jan 27, 2013.

1. TheArchetype

Because I am.
    • Up x 2
  2. Bad News

Can i have your stuff?
    • Up x 3
  3. Poobah

Nah. Playing TSW and then the Elder Scrolls MMO when it launches, already signed up for BETA.
  4. Dubious

Play both
  5. nkitch

PS1 wasn't that on the spectrum ? o_O
  6. Hydragarium

Hmm... No. I prefer hitboxes.
  7. Brok9000

It is tempting but probably not. I can play other stuff and wait to see if this game goes anywhere.

I also like my fond memories of PS1.
  8. Diamond Sword

No. Because PS1 was very similar to PS2 at the same age. PS2 will eventually surpass PS1 in greatness simply because of the newer technology used, and every VS member knows that TECHNOLOGY = MIGHT.
    • Up x 11
  9. wowie

It'll be like this for me, most likely:

Play PS2 for 15 minutes > :( > CTD > Play PS1 for a few hours straight > :)
  10. PharmD

Of course. PS1 is like chess while PS2 is like checkers.
    • Up x 7
  11. HyperMatrix

Unless this game gets substantially better/different, I will be going back to PS1. As long as there are players on there. The dumbed down mechanics of PS2 bore me in comparison to the tactics and strategy and thrill and excitement of a well planned attack and defense in PS1. Base being bombarded...calling reinforcements to different entry points as pressure builds up. Max rush. Doing a coordinated push + EMP near NTU Silo + ANT Drop last second to save the base from going neutral. All in all just so much fun. PS1 is a simply beautiful game. And I'm still wishing for someone to completely rebuild PS1 with a modern engine, but keeping everything about the gameplay 100% intact.
    • Up x 4
  12. HyperMatrix

PS2 is to PS1 as SWTOR is to SWG (pre-NGE).
    • Up x 1
  13. McGubble

The dev's want to improve the meta game which they acknowledge is lacking. They said in a stream they wanted to release an excellent core gameplay first and then make that gameplay have a deeper meaning. The future of PS2 looks bright but sadly that's the future.
    • Up x 4
  14. HyperMatrix

The problem is that gaming in general has been very dumbed down the past few years, as dev's try to make it more accessible to new comers and people who just aren't as bright or as willing to put in time to learn a game. It makes more financial sense for them. But it means hard core gamers are less likely to ever play a game with the depth of Planetside 1 or Star Wars Galaxies (in its initial release form). It's too "hard" for some to get, apparently.
  15. TheArchetype

I would pay good money for such a game.
  16. Hydragarium

Good lord you are casual - I take it you never even realized that Skyrim is the FIFTH game in the series, did you? (and with as many offshoots). Skyrim MMO - You might as well admit that you're also playing it on a console for a full coup de grace.
    • Up x 4
  17. Poobah

Yeah, whatever.

I didn't play Skyrim or the other games in the series, but I apparently have an excellent chance to be accepted into beta, according to their little gauge.
  18. Poobah

Yeah, I'm casual because I haven't played every video game series ever made.

**** off, nerd.
    • Up x 3
  19. McGubble

I haven't played planetside 1 so what was dumbed down. Are you sure it's not just planetside 2 just being released
  20. Diamond Sword

To be fair, calling TES:O a TES game is blasphemy after seeing actual in-game footage.
    • Up x 1
  21. PharmD

I don't know. I wouldn't judge it until closer to launch. From what I've heard from the developers a number one priority is to make it look and feel like a traditional elder scrolls game: first person, click to attack, hold for power, blocking etc. There is also going to be a huge emphasis on crafting.