Ultimate Empire Showdown - The Final Scoreboard

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kyutaru, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Fredfred

VS isn't OP, I actually like the challenge, however, I do wish that would fix the reaver. Yes, I play NC.
    The way I see it:

VS = Easy mode. Typically a slight advantage in population and little or no learning curve on the weapons/vehicles; some vehicles do not even need to be certed out to be combat effective. High rate of fire and no bullet drop.

TR = Overall balanced, normal mode.

NC = Hard mode. Reavers have issues, Vangaurd is slow and big and not enough fire power to make up for it. Guns with lots of recoil and slower rate of fire, bullet drop.
    • Up x 3
  2. Stewart

How are the TR gimped they won 7 events NC won 9 and VS won 25. The VS is the easiest faction to play hands down thats why most kids play it over the other factions. The only reason NC or TR won more on a couple servers is because the server was mostly NC or TR pop if it was balanced in the events like it was on Mattherson which for the first 2 events were 33/33/33 you would see how easy the VS really are to play.
  3. VictorDracul

What are you all talking about. The Youtube Personality that brought the most of their Fanbase along won the day. It was a PR exercise and of course SOE wanted to thank the personality that contributed the most potential players to the game. As TB's fans voted the most TR wins. What could be fairer than that. Doesn't bother me, it was what I expected and also why I personally didn't participate in the event. If you are surprised by the way that events have unfolded you need to open your eyes to the world around you or keep them closed and enjoy the soft squishy goodness of that padded cell in your brain.
  4. Stewart

Dead on a lot of this but it's not really bullet drop it is Cone of Fire that is the issue. VS have the best CoF. TR have slightly better then NC. NC shoots all over the place. Magrider is easy to drive and has no recoil on the gun. Prowler is fast but overall it sucks worse then the Vanguard. Dead on how the Vanguard is. VS max is good at long range but not very good at short- medium. TR is good at Medium-Short. NC is a God at short but sucks at Medium-Long.
  5. Geekker

On 6 of 14 servers Vanu lost. And on those servers where Vanu is dominating, they dominate it completely and I tell you why.

I was online at Cobalt that night and our outfit OWND organized several Platoons on Amerish. In the end we simply stood infront of the TR and NC warpgate waiting for someone to put up a fight.
    But there was no one to fight against us. Vanu had almost 80% popolution right at the beginning of the event on Amerish. TR and NC didn't evenshow up to win the contest. At the end of the night we had 40% Vanu on the server. Cobalt is an EU server btw which means it was in the middle of the night for most EU players.

We were all excited about the event and prepared to win this but any other faction was completely disorganized. Landoria who is #1 on our server is TR and the only thing he did was getting a squad of a few people who played his buddy guards (he has a livestream). It was sad at how boring it was. TR tried to take over Esamir while we were having a party infront of the TR warpgate on Amerish (we had colorful smokes, glowing lights and everyone jumpe around shooting in the air while listening to music through ones proxy chat) but they didn't even manage to accomplish that. And you know why? Because all TR is doing on our Server is tank zerging on Indar because the other 2 factions rarely manage to take much terretory. Our outfit focuses on capturing and holding Esamir and Amerish and we never see any organized TR or NC platoons on those 2 continents. TR and NC simply give up because they can't manage to organize a platoon. They give up because they all think they don't stand a change against "OP" Vanu weapons. They lost faith and more importantly:

There is no point in taking over continents or winning an event like the UES. All they care about is farming XP to unlock new stuff with the Certification system.

Why don't we get a Certs for taking over a continent? An organized platoon has enough motivation in dominating but disorganized players need motivation in form of Certs before they think about leaving the farm fest on The Crown.
    • Up x 2
  6. Mootar

If one empire winning most of the events in a completely meaningless context, where the result was mainly decided by who cared/was sad enough to ghost cap before the event even started, proves VS are OP, then surely if we follow that logic, TR need a buff since they won the fewest and are therefore gimped.

The results prove nothing other than which empire cares the most about a pointless PR exercise on any given server.
  7. Dokran

Pretty much all above is true.

Vanu guy; people the UES is going to start in 10 minutes.
    TR guy; Who cares, i hate that map anyways is poorly designed.
    NC guy; LOL, true, I´ll pass.

In ceres the Amerish population during the event was 60% 22% 18% VS,TR, NC respectively.
    I bet this happened in every server where VS won.
    • Up x 1
  8. SolRG

In terms of infantry weapons i would say tr win. aircraft theres no real difference, although scythes seem to be more maneuverable., and vehicles is where the VS shine. Magriders are what give the advantage.
    Are they overpowered? Well no.
    I play vanu and i'm a good player, its rare i'm taken out by anyone under a rank 30, but still it takes skill just to play the game well. If you suck at the game it doesn't matter what faction you play. If an unskilled person drives a magrider they will be destroyed, same with a vanguard or a prowler.
    Anyway, even though the vanu did this well, i hear TB and the TR won cause of popularity, or something.
  9. Shypa

The Event was funny but worse made. The final scoreboard shows nothing interesting.

1. I guess not even 50% of the players noticed this event.
    2. No territory reset b4 event starts.
    3. The event only took place at Amerish. All 3 continents are needed to have a ballanced result. ( Geografical issue )
    4. Not all Servers have ballanced populations
    5. Most of the EU players are in bed during 0.00am to 4.30am
    • Up x 1
  10. Ghabhail

I think, regardless of who won the most challenge, the real problem here is that in the end all that mattered was who got the most votes on Twitter.

You can't make a grand event that's all about announcing how you're going to make PS2 a "serious e-sport" and THEN make all the gameplay that happened not matter at all as basically the Youtube celebrity that's most popular with PS2 fans got to win regardless of how he and his faction actually did in the challenges. It makes the whole thing seem like a bit of a farce.
  11. TeknoBug

^ and HOW exactly did TR win this? :eek:
  12. Turelle

We HAVE bullet drop. The Saron doesn't though.
    The lack of traction on the Van/Prowler is a bug, and has been confirmed by the devs.
    Our tank weapon is the lowest damage out of all.
    The air is assymetrical balance (although the Reaver does need tweaking). The Scythe has less speed but better maneuverability. The Mossy has better speed, which can enable it to dip in and out of dogfights more so than the others.
  13. Sevre

So lols. I got on my Genudine Vanu char (main is TR on Connery), and I went something like 30-2 in the 20 min I played, the NC there are mega herp there. They run in straight lines and stand still! It's great.

What I DID notice tho, was how NC had ALL of amerish capped when I got on like 20 minutes after the UES started. And it never seemed to get reset... But whatevs.
  14. Lauranis

[IMG]
    Currently finding it amusing how Woodman is consistently left out of the discussion in regards to EU servers on this thread.
  15. Sevre

This.
  16. IRPerm

Some bullet drop not compared to the other weapons.
    No collision issues in a mag rider. They can bump each other as they are straffing go over them and under them with no issues. Other tanks hit each other they cause damage.
    The the TTK on the weapon is the same. The supernova reloads faster.
    You have never flown a reaver or a mossy for any amount of time if you think they are balanced.
  17. Tharrn

You have no idea how many times my Mag explodes because some clown went under it... or because I get stuck on a rock, shake violently for two seconds and explode.

Can we fix that, too, then?

What the Mag needs IMHO is recoil and the same terrain negotiability (?) as the other tanks. That's it - it's just too easy to snipe and it shouldn't be able to go where no other tank can go.
  18. Slifar

Umm.... I'm pretty sure a major point of the mag is that it CAN go where no other tank can go.

I will agree that it is very lulzy how mags interact with other mags. Last night while waiting for a tech plant to flip, we were making mag stacks.

We got up to 5 of them in one stack at one point, all fully capable of firing without damaging each other XD

However, it's ALSO true that a freaking FLASH can kill you by running under you in the right spot (It's rare for it to be a flash since usually they die first, but it can happen) So in other words, you better hope that you are hitting another mag, because anything else may cause you to spontaneously explode half the time.

And yeah, the Scythe does appear to have some slight air superiority in terms of Air V air, but, honestly, I think I'd rather have the Hellfire Pods for AVG. Yeah, Vanu pods do more damage and fire 2 every shot, but they fire MUCH slower. A Mossy can just run over an area at high speed and fire blindly with hellfires and do a lot to infantry. A scythe has to actually try to at least somewhat aim, or risk spending our very limited reserve of rockets, which can be difficult to do at high speeds, and slowing down in any combat zone gets you utterly shredded by anti-air (If it doesn't then you've probably one anyways because the Libs will just rain down exploding death all day) I mean, yeah, the photon pods are better against vehicles, but I honestly do not get into an ESF to bomb vehicles. The Lightning has one of, if not the, most effective AA weapons in the game (skyguard) and it's a lot easier for him to tell what you are and shoot you down then it is for you to tell what he is and decide to bomb him. I dunno, perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I've seen a lot more successful AVG mossies than Scythes, except when the targets had little to no AA (In which case, lolz you has no AA you nublets)

Plus, the game's been out for only a few months, and we have yet to see any major strategies than "ZERG RUSH TEH BIOLABZ/TECH PLANT/WHATEVER!" Granted, occasionally you get some squads/platoons/outfits doing some crazy stuff, but the most common thing is zerg, zerg, zerg. Yeah, this is largely because of how pathetic defense generally is, both in terms of difficulty compared to attacking and reward given, but that's something that needs to be fixed. We don't need to neccesarily get rid of zerging, but there should be more tasty alternative options than "Cap base, go to next base, repeat." This should probably be done BEFORE we do most of the other balancing, otherwise things may end up even more messed up.

My opinions, anyways