TR WON!!! Why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by The King, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Siilk

• Up x 1
  2. Badname3073

It is very simple. You see, people realize that the VS is, first, the easy mode, and, second, has too many nerds who cap empty bases instead of actually playing the game. So, the fact that the VS capped something or whatever is not relevant. The winner is the one who actually played the game, and did the most given the situation on hand. And that was the TR. So, it is a fair victory for the TR, congratulations everyone!
  3. Mattressi

Congrats TR, enjoy your nothing. Congrats also Vanu, for winning the real challenge: enjoy your nothing, too. Great event :rolleyes:
  4. VSMars

My decision to totally ignore that whole mess proved to be right.

Not to mention that I have way more fun ways to spend a Friday night (it was night in EU) than to play the game ...
    • Up x 1
  5. rockman202

Did anyone listen to the event, rather than just watch it? The first time they mention what the popularity polls were at, which if I remember correctly was before the first event was finished, they said the winner of the popularity poll was getting a trophy, NOT the winner of the event of getting a trophy.
  6. Yaj

7. Jac70

Watching the coverage, my constructive criticism. You need people who know about the games industry, preferably about the specific game - not 'faces' who present stuff.
  8. Tharrn

I was already pissed off when I didn't get a decal for twittering my support of LC daily for like four days. Don't promise things you don't keep.

Loosing to Twitter completes the picture. Stick the next event where the sun won't shine.
  9. Canaris

lost a battle, won the war :p
  10. Brusilov

11. Vortigon

The WHOLE showdown crap was badly conceived and run like a high school project - TOTAL - WASTE - OF - TIME Devs!
  12. silverme

Why do people think TR won?

When did they declare TR the winners?

last I saw they said VS won
  13. Tharrn

14. Tenmar

Yeah honestly this event should of just been limited to the Connery Server. Cause we can see how much pointless drama is created when they earnestly tried to give the other servers something to do. To which honestly? I can't blame them for trying because we like playing video games as a hobby and are more attuned to ENGAGE with something than sit down passively for 4+ hours.

It was a bad idea though because it just screams put together at the last second. It was also transmitted to the community at the last second as well when it came to the events and didn't translate specifically how much impact it would have when it came to the actual event taking place in LA.

I can tell you for a fact if they actually properly organized this and made the challenges mean something more then you would of seen TR and TB focus more on that. But between the last second challenges and the last second voting just demonstrates that Planetside 2 has a lot to learn when it comes to running events.

But let's not forget what the point of this event is for. For marketing the game and for fun. You have three people who are fairly popular and dedicated towards the PC or FPS scene that can draw crowds because they are entertaining people. As a viewer(who only got to see the last 15 minutes due to work) I was fairly entertained(I could of done with a lot less ******** commentating because they never committed towards either pure propaganda or actual shoutcasting). So to me it was a good event to watch and enjoy and we all get to now benefit from a double XP weekend.
  15. silverme

who's time has been wasted? did you not enjoy the show?
    did SOE not get an audience?
    thank you.
    so TR won because;
    SOE puts more impotences on the popularity then on the event?

also possible, SOE try to mitigate the 'OP' claims by ignoring that 'VS' wiped every server except where they had low pop?

or maybe SOE is just trying to get you to watch the event your-self?

or the journalist who wrote the report was a TR loyalist?
  16. sosolidshoe

Puh-leez, I spent last night rolling around all over the map, pretty much equally between solo, small group, and zerging, infantry all the way, and the TS just melted away whenever anyone showed up to fight them. You got -maybe- one platoon of BTRD or the other goodfighting outfits that stuck around, but most of your lot spent the night running away from fights looking for spawn rooms with four guys in to libby-camp.
  17. flyin_flea

hahahaha.....you weren't there were you? The TR won the popularity vote because they were busy spamming votes from their i-phones (inbetween games of angry-birds).......Meanwhile across the servers Vs were playing PS2 hard and communicating well.We won the game ;).

...have to give some credit to the NC too, they seemed to get their **** together for the night.I had some good fights with them....they got second place overall.

That trophy Total Biscuit got....that was for losing....badly.
  18. VictorDracul

TR WON!!! Why?

Because it was written in the script of course!! lol
    • Up x 1
  19. Stormlight666

Why did the TR walk home with the UES Crown? Because the TR ALWAYS take the Crown!
  20. gudman591

And only the Crown, sadly.