Weapons Lock is Awful

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CharAznable, Nov 23, 2012.

1. The King

I haven't been weapon locked either and I shoot my teammates at times and also kill them.
    Also run them over and say "wooo hooo roadkill bonus 500 points" (that was a joke from another thread I saw)

Anyways, I don't think I came close to a weapon lock. Although, I get warning without actually doing anything wrong. Like teammate dies onto me or they get out of their plane right on my plane that has no one in it and dies. Or my sunderer starts spitting people under the ground. Anyways, even with many TKs, I didn't come close to getting a weapon's lock.

I think you're very trigger happy and need to discipline yourself more.
  2. RenK

No weapon lock for me either in the 100+ hours steam says I've played. Granted, I mostly play Infiltrator and moments of getting friendlies in my line of fire isn't common. Even then, I'm no stranger to whipping around and popping the head off some ******* team mate who thinks it's funny to take a few shots at me or to crowd around me and get me spotted.
  3. Omega1337

I got my weapons locked at this very second because an idiotic medic decided to run into my bullets all the time, i think even with purpose.
    This happened at bio lab, i was shooting from outside through a hole at the TR's which where fighting inside.

How long will the weapons be locked?

Oh yes, if you read this you dumb medic troll than blow it.
  4. MarkAntony

Just be careful what you shoot at.
  5. Kapernum

In 5 days of playtime I've been weapon locked ONCE. Because I killed a whiner twice.

Learn where to stand.
  6. {joer

The problem with weapon locking is it doesn't seem to happen to TKers, just bad players. I'm fine with it for bad players (or really bad luck), but honestly I'm not sure HOW bad you have to be to get it.
  7. NC_agent00kevin

Never been weapon locked and I play Heavy Assault. While its annoying when you take up a tactical position and 4 idiots stand in between you and the target in the open, its simple. Just dont fire. Wait for them to die then fire or just move on.

Dont shell buildings with friendlies inside.

Dont Lib bomb the ground when friendlies are there.

Dont go blazing through 100 friendlies in a field in your Lightning.

Ive had several times in Tech Plants where idiots were all standing on the vehicle pad and all down the exit ramp, backing the shield (when they should have been in the gen building protecting it anyway) so I issue two warnings back to back on chat using /yell: CLEAR THE VEHICLE PAD AND EXIT RAMP OR GET RUN OVER

They typically clear the pad and ramp :p

I wouldnt want the system to be easier to manipulate by people who join their opposing factions and TK to help their buddies or for griefers to know how many times they can kill teammates before they get locked.
  8. Daedrick

I played 100 hours, I spam the hell out of every thing I get my hands on, tanks and all kind of explovise from mines to grenades, and yet I NEVER ever been weapon locked.

Get better.
  9. Sebyos

In my experience it's awful because it does nothing but bad things. It can't prevent a mad dude you hit by accident to come back and kill you, it will only help if he's an horrible shot and shoots down 2 of your friends before that... Doesn't prevent dudes from making a alt and killing your sundie either...

Also, it just sucks in huge *** Biolab zergs, the only fun place remaining in the game... There's just way too many dudes strafing and running everywhere and it doesn't take too long before you get weapon locked even when being careful.

Seems to me it does everything wrong, it doesn't protect from grief and instead hurts people who do legit TK by accident.
  10. Vorpal

I don't think I've ever been weaponslocked.

Weaponslock as a method of deterring team kills does not work, at all. Period.

As a whole the system performs abysmally poorly.
  11. Chipay

Came here after the weapon lock, that was because i killed 20+ friendlies at the spawn of a base.
    I stood there being a MAX asking for ammo and repair because my AA gun was empty and i was injured badly, NOBODY took an engineer, in the 5 minutes that i sat there next to the spawn not a single person respawned with the engineer class =.= I just raged.... (I'm a horrible person :p)

It seems like the way this works is that the game has a cooldown between each message, inbetween evey 'cooldown' you can kill as many people as you want.
  12. Tigga

BR 48. Never been weapons locked. Mostly play infantry/armour.
  13. Dessad

The weapon lock system is fine. If you find yourself getting locked, then you probably deserve it. Seriously, stop blindly lighting up hillsides with tank fire. Stop blindly hurling grenades around and shooting rockets with teammates in the target area. Stop panic firing everything that moves. Stop doing this noob stuff and maybe you won't get locked. It's blind people like this who really need to stop playing this game. I, for one, am glad these blind noobs get weapon locked from time to time. Getting shot in the back by panic fire get's old quick.
  14. Dessad

[quote[however, being punished for accidentally tking/ friendly fire ain't no fun. though this is where the game's poor attempt of explaining itself comes into mind again. if people were actually told about the very basics of this game, there would be a lot less running around headlessly, thus less teamkilling/ friendly fire by accident[/quote]

I would think that NOT shooting your teammates is pretty damn basic.
  15. MykeMichail

Yeah sorry, but if you're getting weapons locked, you're being completely reckless. I have NEVER been weapons locked purely from accidental friendly fire. The only times I've ever been weapons locked, is when me and my outfit members have been mucking around killing each other.

I have, in the past, accidently TK'd multiple people back to back (generally bad grenade throws), and have still yet to be weapons locked from accidently friendly fire.

Perhaps you should look at the way you're playing, and think of ways to prevent friendly fire. I personally have always been in the habit of never aiming at a friendly, and eventually it becomes second nature to aim away from a friendly when they come into your sights.
  16. LeanV

I just find it silly I can't shoot at my own mana turret without the game yelling at me. Back in beta, weapon lock really WAS a problem, and you could very easily set it off. Not to mention that if you triggered it again after you were unlocked, you probably won't be firing another bullet your entire play session. It was crazy hardcore.

Now? I only get weapon locked when I'm genuinely trying to be a pest to my friends. Even then, the weapon lock punishment time is ridiculously low.
  17. LightningDriver

The grief system is not a problem.
  18. Eric Smith

My biggest problem with weapon lock is that it triggers at the stupidest times, often times for the most insane reasons. I had to deconstruct my Sunderer inside a Tech Plant one day because in about a minute it took me from no grief to Final Warning because the deployed Sundy started sliding and as people spawned in it was running them over. I mean, what the f*ck? There have been other times I've earned grief because people ran into my parked vehicle - I get out to cap a point, somebody else runs into my vehicle and blows up and I get a warning. Not that I haven't earned grief before, but my deployed vehicle that I'm not even in shouldn't be earning me grief.
    • Up x 1
  19. Aghar30

I have only ever been weapons locked once on accident (had to purposly TK someone trying to mess up a base defense and wound up locked) and that was with the lasher, the lasher is the weapons lock king, you are seriously doing something wrong if you end up weapons locked.
  20. Nonsensei436

Stop trying to kill your allies before they can kill an enemy because you want the points and you will stop getting weapon locked.