Just saw this on YouTube

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Protential, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medbot544

Whenever I hear about this guy and or see his profanity laced videos, first thing comes to mind which oddly enough is also on Youtube:

Buzz should never represent this community. This is why, I think, they chose people like Sean/TB/Toby because they can play games without excessive use of profanity and still be effective.
  2. turtlestation

Buzz is under the delusion that yelling at people over the internet is truly effective. Dude, it's the ******* internet, does anyone really get hurt or scared if some neckbeard who plays way too much PS2 is yelling at them?
    • Up x 2
  3. Turelle

That's how 99% of fleets/gangs were directed. You could have 2-5 enemy ships, several hundred and even several thousand. When coordinating at that scale, ANY chit chat has to be squashed immediately by the fleet commander and orders such as who to shoot are given by primary, secondary and tertiary so you know the order. Until something else comes up the orders are repeated over and over and updated continuously.

I myself led gangs and some small fleets (gangs would be 2-5 people and fleets would be 20-30 at max). small gangs are generally able to be led with a more relaxed style, you can have other players talking if it's relevant to the situation but not super important as there can be less to deal with. You also can rely more on their eyes and ears for tactical information and possible ways to take a hard target on. The more people you have in the fleet the more people you have to keep track of, which includes forwards scouts, tailers (rear scouts) and difference roles for your ships in your fleet, let alone your positioning within the system relative to everything else and need a much more agressive or authoritative command style that buzzcut uses. You might also be listening to several people at once all trying to relay battle changing information while trying to decide the best course of action, it can be very stressful and often thankless when it doesn't go your way. (But in eve, you are dealing with ships which cost time and a lot of ingame money to bring to the field, but can be destroyed in moments)

While I don't agree with the swearing, it can sometimes be used to good effect. But from my experience as an FC, every time you swear is another word that could be used relaying or repeating information.
  4. Rolfski

That's some excellent cooperation with others right there. It must be really nice for other teams to play along with this guy. Not that it really matters in this single player game called Planetside 2. Oh wait..
  5. LordMondando

Perhaps attention is not what you should be giving these lot.

Food for thought.
    • Up x 1
  6. TheFirstOmen

• Up x 4
  7. A puppeteer

8. Deschain

Reminds me of the Leave Britney Alone video. lol.
  9. Tvayumat

10. Drsexxytime

Love when they all line up on the edge doing their rocket barrages. Makes rocket pod and vulcan strafing runs so satisfying, like the Little Bird strafing runs in Black Hawk Down. Some can't react fast enough to pull air out and smother these rocket walls though. They exploit rendering distance well though, knowing where they won't be seen by infiltrators, this is why you just have to have common sense, which many of these zergs fail to have.
  11. Lord Robert

12. Ezze

Yeah but the exp cant be that good when there is giant zerg running around sharing that exp... Id rather kill these guys in bio labs, hahaha, they are persistent, usually leads to a good farm on the TR
  13. Madrey

Anybody that allows themselves to lead by this guy is weak willed and minded. If your having a hard time finding decent leadership on your server then you need to take the initiative, you need to set out and give it a try. There is no good excuse for listen to a guy like this. In all honesty he reminds me of some scenes from Der Untergang http://www.youtube.com/embed/pR5q0ajW8Ko

That is what he reminds me of, no insults intended.
  14. Alex516

Has he been given any reason to think otherwise? I mean very few outfits offer the same level of organization as the Enclave does.

Also speaking from personal experience leading, yelling does get results. Unless of course you're dealing with people who you know.
  15. Tarjan

Just another reason why I never use voice coms. I don't want some gamer nerd raging over a game he takes way too seriously. I play games to relax and get the hell away from the stresses of life, not add to them. I take orders from nobody when I play games, because it's not real life and I'm just playing a worthless videogame.

Why would anyone want to play with people like this? Besides the obvious question of why would anyone take a stupid game so seriously, why would anyone subject themselves to this kind of nerdrage?
  16. Buntfunk

Poor guy, he gets more and more excited and at around 2:00 he loses it. Too many targets, too much excitement maybe?
  17. Alex516

You could always give the outfit a try. I mean there's a reason its one of the largest and most active outfits in the game. Believe me its a lot of fun, and I've never meet anyone whose day was ruined after hearing someone say a few bad words.
  18. Protential

It also is awesome to take orders from no one in real life.

Works just as good, and our lives are jsut as meaning less as our video game characters.

I know your 9-5 feels important, but it does nothing in the way this universe works.

I would suggest more people try not listening to people like this IRL OR in video games.

"Rasta Dem A Inna Di Red"
    • Up x 3
  19. Tarjan

No I am completely incompatible with that style of gameplay and completely incompatible with that level of "authority" (like anyone online has any authority). I'm the very definition of casual. I guess it's because I grew up in the atari/nintendo era of the 80s where every single videogame ever created was casual. Maybe young people take their games seriously? Seems some do, frighteningly so.

Lol are you seriously equating a videogame with real life? I don't think you are; nobody is that stupid. You're just trolling.

(fyi, I don't take orders like that in real life either. Nobody gives them to begin with, but I'd shove it up their *** if they ever did.)
  20. Twistdlester

SOE should feature that outfit in an upcoming Highlight !!! ..........oh wait ummm no , so how does it feel to be excluded? talk about leadership holding the rest of the outfit back.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.