Recent performance drop

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by lncabin, Jan 13, 2013.

1. lncabin

Did you try my fix?
  2. NeonDrache

Should I just turn everything off?
    Tried turning everything off, no avail.

I'll try all settings "let the application decide".
  3. Wobberjockey

that should work better. the game forces FXAA (i think that's the right one) which was causing quite an uproar with the people who wanted (and we eventually barred from) using sweet FX

as for the problem at hand... i've noticed a little bit of stutter as well. not to the level shown in the youtube video, but it's there... i was chalking it up to lag
  4. Drsexxytime

My machine still brute forces this game into submission, but still to this day I get the "flickering" where when you look around the screen outside of your gun/hand turns white. From that linked video I got that too, but I wasn't sure if it was server response or what since I monitor all my computer hardware and there's no strain anywhere on my end hardware wise. Since then I started tracking my connection to see if there is a spike in packet loss but it hasn't happened since.

Finally, my game since the patch started CTD a LOT when exiting a vehicle to repair/cap/etc. It's annoying as hell because I have to log back in and my vehicle and resources are gone. A lil' tired of this issue tbh. This is the only time I ever get resource strained, and it sucks. :(

Framerate otherwise has been stable, still around 110fps with in game settings to high. (stopped playing with the .ini as it led to too many headaches and random performance hits).
  5. Galhans

I'm super jealous of your guys' ~60-100 fps.... o_O
    I get 40, max, at the gates, or all alone on Amerish/Esamir, and ~15-25 in fights. If I get too close to any hex that is marked Red in the map (sorted by pop), my fps goes from ~4-0.... and then crashes :eek:
    Can't wait for the AMD support, until then I shall twiddle my thumbs and help my Empire from behind the scenes. (And from flanking positions). ;)
  6. Badlam

The screen now gives me a headache. I'll play with the settings sometime to see if anything helps but for now I'm saving my eyes the trouble.
  7. The King

You try the shadow quality set at 0?
    When I do that I get around 80-100FPS at the warpgates when things are set to ultra(light/graphic/texture,etc) and high on others..

Since I hate no shadows(since using my old laptop, I had to do this with every game), I put it on and it drops the FPS a lot...around 60s
  8. Somegeezer

Glad I'm not the only one having these problems. Only seems to be worse than most people are having. I went from averaging 40, with highs of 50. Even in large battles. To now gettng 10 average/11 max just in the warpgate alone, then around 28 high when moving away from warpgate, until I run into anyone or anything that is rendered heavily again.
    GTX 460/8GB RAM/1366*756/high settings
    Setting to low [but not medium] is the only way to get usable framerate, but setting back up to high again, afterwards, does not fix that, as in the second post. Hopefully fixed soon, as I miss playing the game.
  9. Hatamoto

n1 ! hope we can have the HUD optimized by january 30th!
  10. NeonDrache

I found out what was causing the performance hits. It's Nvidia's software, I set it to "let the 3D application decide" and that stopped the epic scale lag. The main thing was the "Negative LOD bias" which was set to "allow", pretty much rendered every model INDIVIDUALLY instead of pre-rendering them, yeah those same 22,000 poly models. Just let Planetside 2 do the work, not Nvidia.
  11. Hatamoto

my god youre right ... i set my nvidia settings to application controlled (I had AF and AA set to off previously) and wtf is all i have tp say ... i now have 70-80fps in fights near amp stations, with my ini graphics quality settings set to ultra except shadows ... goddammit i cant beleive this ...
  12. NeonDrache

For me the stuttering is still prevalent, but not as severe. I would however, recommend that SOE creates lower polygon models for different settings (ultra should be 22,000, high 11,000, medium 5,600, low 2,800 or less).
  13. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

You can try turning off flora and turning down terrain detail as well to see if that helps with the I/O lag you're getting.
    • Up x 1
  14. Galhans

How?
    Mess with the UserOptions.ini?
    Because in game, the option for shadows is already unchecked.
  15. BenYeeHua

So I think some of FPS gains is this?
    After playing some tweak with UserOption.ini with 0,1,5, I found most I can get is 0 and GraphicsQuality=2 as I only has 650m.
    And the setting affect the most is UseFloat32Output=1 and SampleRate=44100, I can set as MaxVoices=192 because It can't affect the FPS now.
    Now I can playing with 30-40FPS battlefield(20-25 FPS if quick moving the mouse) and getting a better killing:p
    Hope HUD problem can be solve as I can get 10 more FPS for it.
    And when waiting for respawn, I moving the mouse and the FPS also drop, but it jumping back to normal as I stop moving it.
    PS:My CPU is i5-3210M.
    Yup.