The life and death of the Instagibbarator.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LordMondando, Jan 15, 2013.

1. LordMondando

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/291048951405219841
    Oh higby you tease..

Well looks like the Lib's going to get its long overdue nerf tonight.

I'm hoping they have gone with mine and others recommendations of reducing its armour and making it more susceptible to small arms fire, without making it a giant paper tiger. As well... the game does still need close air support, and not just 'owww he gave me a brusiewoose' air support, im talking 'a successful bombing run = flaming wreckage lots of dead doodz' close air support.

Indeed, I hope this change moves towards the necessity of bombing runs in libs, and kills the bombing hover in all but a few limited circumstances.

I would then in this final hour, implore the Dev's to recognize that in this game given its large nature, small changes can effect large emergent changes. Make libs just a little bit more vulnerable, and the ridiculous spawn camping, hovering zepthyer spamming behavior will stop. Without necessarily making every liberator simultaneously fall from the sky under the power of a single buster-max.

That AA should deter in virtue of actually killing things, without making air impossible in virtue of its own weakness and lack of firepower in the fact of one skyguard every 500 meters or so.

I appreciate this is a fine balance, but its going to be reached with small tweaks over time.

To the point where, Air where there is no AA is deadly, utterly deadly. But where there is plenty of competent AA, is simply not to be found.

I do think the dev's get this, but I just wanted to make the point and whilst they don't post on the forum as much as they could, do recognize that they listen to us when we argue descent points about game development.

At the same time though, in the fading hours of the reign of the near invincible flying mammoth tank, one of DL's learned officers coined as the 'instagibberator', lets all reflect back on what was, the most overpowered badly balanced weapon in the first month and a bit of the game.
    • Up x 4
  2. Gisgo

Did i miss anything? New patch tonight? Really? :)
  3. LordMondando

4. EvilPhd

This changes nothing
  5. SteveRaptor

I just need 2 words in the entire patch notes to make me happy:

1)Zepher
    2)Nerf

Thats about it,
  6. GamerOS

Personally I'd be happy with increased damage fall off on the Daltons as well.
  7. LameFox

>make thread title complaining of liberator's quick kills
    >suggest its armour be lowered
    >imply it should make quick runs and lay waste to stuff

Your views seem... conflicting.
  8. Banick

Changes don't necessarily mean nerf. It could be a buff, with the alterations to AA they go down quicker than a kite lately. So perhaps a larger health pool? That would make you all LOL hard I bet.

But in reality, I doubt it. I'm disappointed, the majority won't be happy until this is Call of Duty on a larger scale, taking down anything air asset with 2 hits from a launcher.
    • Up x 2
  9. Mordrake

Fixed.
  10. LameFox

You're bad at kites.
    • Up x 1
  11. Cevera

What should be done:
    - Reduce zepher's dmg against vehicles / dalton's dmg against infantry
    - Do something about the Libs hovering at maximum altitude.

No nerf of the health until they fix the render distance.
    Its already re.tarded that you can get shot by people without having any chance of firing back (or even see what is shooting at you)
    • Up x 1
  12. LordMondando

Compelling position, but even then care to expand?
  13. Rown

“The zepher doesn't need a nerf and in fact we found it was too weak, so we've doubled it's damage and clip size”

I don't think that was what you were looking for. :D
    • Up x 1
  14. SteveRaptor

My calendar says that today isn't 1st of April :confused:
    U got to be kidding me =/
    Come on, a freaking HE gun that wrecks tanks to pieces? does that makes sense?
  15. LordMondando

I honeslty hold the position that bar prehaps a SLIGHT nerf to their reload times, these should be left as is.

The issue is 'time over target' that libs currently get with these due to their armour, not the weapons themselves.
    • Up x 1
  16. RaTzo

While I think the power of the Liberator is somewhat overstated in this, I support the overall point made by the OP.

Good post.

Airpower should be powerful enough that it needs to be deterred for the good of the battle. Make AA necessary, not because it is an XP farm tool, but because without it the war would be lost. Make AA effective, not a ground based Air-Superiority weapon.

AND YES DEVS PLEASE MAKE SMALL CHANGES. These sweeping nerfs make us all nervous to waste time and SC on weapons that seem to be effective right now.
  17. LameFox

Due to not being shot by much, more like.
  18. FeiXue

Fly over, unload clip maybe two, if they have enough AA you die, exchanging 300 Air+2 lives for whatever your gunner managed to kill. If they don't, land behind nearest mountain, repair, rinse & repeat until they do.

Probably Zephyr sales plummeted.
  19. bendplz

the reavers are already nerfed like hell, you can fire a volley off 14 rockets on some infantry and it wont even kill them (just exagerating)
  20. Sinoby

I hope they will nerf lib wrapons so all the whine will stop.