Population Snowballing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MrBrisby, Jan 11, 2013.

1. MrBrisby

this happens every night, and it's getting worse and worse.

being outnumbered causes many players to flee to another continent, or log out entirely. thus making the problem worse for those who stick around. this problem is compounded by the fact that players seem to tend to target the weakest points on the map... usually those held by the minority population.

[IMG]

Lets face it. 10% experience for playing while outnumbered 4 to 1 is not enough of an incentive to keep players engaged in this situation.

the least SoE could do would be to give the underdogs a care package that included a nice water based lube.

personally I feel this is an issue that needs immediate action. you could argue that it's a recruitment issue. but if I convinced my friends to come play with me, and they joined in to this, they would be noobs to the slaughter and they likely wouldn't stick around.
  2. MarcusD

Either this or some kind of server merging, right now the active population on every server except one is low, with Briggs at medium.
    Dead game general.
  3. CactusLynx

4. Bill Hicks

I must be lonely!
  5. Playful Pony

GOOD NEWS!

The new patch that will come about in 9 days has several XP-gain adjustments that will, among other things, reward you much more for fighting the "uphill battle". So we'll have to hang in there for now, but they have seen the problem and even have a fix in place. Personally I can enjoy a little bit of a hill as long as it isn't too steep. While on 23% NC on the Indar map yesterday we still managed to push far into VS territory, even past the Allatum Bio Lab before finally meeting too great resistance and being pushed back into NC territory. It is extremely satisfying to stand victorious against a numerically superior enemy.
  6. LordMondando

Monetizing server transfers is a bad idea.

Allow for population to move as it wants solves the problem of sever under-population over time.
  7. Katana

Merge servers. Bad PR? Better than dead game.
  8. Mold1184

After reading the title I was expecting something else...
    • Up x 1
  9. Predatorv2

I laughed at that. ^^

Definitly a major problem of Planetside 2! xD