SgtSnug
Last activity:
Apr 13, 2014

Following 1

Birthday:
Dec 20, 1986 (Age: 37)
Unemployed
    1. There are no messages on SgtSnug's profile yet.
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 20, 1986 (Age: 37)
    Unemployed
    A long time Planetside Fanatic, whenever I've been asked what my favourite game of all time is...well I say something like the Mass Effect Series but I always make note to point out my greatest gaming Experience was playing Planetside.

I loved the original and played it loyally, daily for 5 whole years gaining veteran status, something I believe should get you some award in planetside 2 even if it's cosmetic.

Originally I was NC, yes I do admit it, I loved the weapons, the aesthetic, and back in my childish days yes the fight for freedom nonsense as well. But in the later years well into BFR time line I made my switch to the TR, and whilst I had my eyes set upon a return to the NC, I couldn't...

Whilst I found their weaponry to be gorgeous and tanks the same massive gunned beasts I remember the NC feel too...immature, their hopes, their beliefs are complete nonsense, to seek complete freedom is to invite chaos!

There must be an authority, one that offers freedom with restraint, as a parent would a child allow them freedom of play but not without supervision or rules to adhere, for their own protection.

And so despite the ugly guns, poorly balanced tanks, population unbalance, I am TR and proud of that fact. They have the best colour scheme, best cause to fight for (don't make me laugh Vanu), and I've settled down here with friends.

On other notes, yes about me!

I'm an avid gamer if you hadn't guessed, I've studies Game Design at the University of Teesside, England, and currently looking for work in games...even voluntarily, seriously it's a tough career to get into.

I enjoy film, mostly horror film thou these days hardly anything labelled 'horror' can be truly be considered a horror, I haven't had a chill up my spine for years induced by a film.

If asked my favourite horror of all time, hands down...John Carpenter's The Thing. This film frightened me as a child, and whilst today isn't you know scary **** your pants, the concept very much is petrifying, and if you think about it, no greater monster has ever been conceived. If this creature existed and got into the major population...game over man..GAME OVER!!

Thou one has to ask themselves...could it survive in a Xenomorph's (Alien from Alien) acidic blood? Who would win?

But if you haven't seen it, you should, the effects are SO good it shows that CGI has nothing on old fashioned creativity, hell some of the most impressive effects are done with fish tanks,bin liners and chewing gum, and never once do you think 'that doesn't look real' ...ok one bit at end that uses stop motion but the rest! ... jaw dropping.

p.s. I DO NOT mean The Thing (2011) I mean John Carpenter's Version starring Kurt Russell. The new one is just....a let down.

Not much else to say about me, I love games, I love designing them, and want to be a part of making them. That's all so, I'll see you on the battlefield.