Happy New Year & Update 02 Info!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Goden

Sure.

$20 please.
  2. RayDrazon

Most of my bottle necking is occurring to the CPU.

How do I check my CPU usage and the number of cores the game uses? (I know I have 4 cores)
  3. RayDrazon

Whilst camping the spawn may be considered a "strategy", it makes game play very very stale.
    • Up x 1
  4. Goden

Ray, just edit your post to include another quote rather than posting 5 times in a row.
  5. TheBloodEagle

Oh don't ******* act like they don't read anything, clearly they are trying at least (hence this very thread). They're not going to just include all 999999 ideas everyone has in one patch. Everyone and their mama has feedback and their opinions of how the game should be. That doesn't mean all well-written content should be included. Just because you have some grand ideas doesn't mean you know what is best for everyone else.

They do listen and do get some stuff wrong, etc. But hell they hired a PS1 vet to start working on the meta-game and base design. Did you know that?
    • Up x 1
  6. Protential

Way to find the easiest things you could tweak, and try to make it look like some kind of game changing update. Oh but we thew in SMG's to keep everyone interested.

And made 95 exp tweaks that we do not need. Support classes already gain exp the fastest.

Fail patch, been checking back on forums just to see if they we're going to do something constructive, obviously not.

Lets just hope the tunnels are actually accessable by BOTH attackers and defenders, and are not just a useless way for newbs to rush out of the base and die, giving them a 10 second longer life span.

I almost Lol'd when I read the post, but I quickly realized I spent money on this game, and it failing is not really funny.

That spawning idea is seriously stupid as ****, and someone needs to get ***** slapped.
  7. mina5

I haven't manage to kill infantry whit one shot or tanks whit 3 shots by my rocked pod's .... it takes a lot of rockets to kill tank or infantry .12 rockets isin't enough to kill a tank or sundy .
  8. Ghostick

Would those be Reaver afterburners? o_O
  9. GhostAvatar

Simply answer to this, don't spawn camp (or not so close at least) - then you wont get knifed or blown up by invincible players.
  10. Goden

Please quote me where I asked for stuff to be added to the patch. I'm saying they don't respond to feedback. I don't don't even care if they disagree - I just want a bloody answer out of them.

You keep making the mistake that I want everyones ideas added. I don't. I just developer feedback and know that they were considered and then know the response

Apparently that is asking too much.

[quote="TheBloodEagle, post: 991175, member: 79870"]
    They do listen and do get some stuff wrong, etc. But hell they hired a PS1 vet to start working on the meta-game and base design. Did you know that?[/quote]

No I did not notice, because they got everything wrong which was done right in PS1. .
  11. Wind770

I have a First Gen i7 at Stock Speeds and i'm above 60 FPS.

At Max Graphics, I'll add.
  12. TheBloodEagle

I think I understand your issue now. You were hoping for PS1 with updated graphics and it didn't turn out that way.
  13. Luacry

What I really really wanted for the patch was information on the Multi-core support, the multithreading and performance increase. Those of us with the AMD Bulldozer and Piledriver 6 and 8 core processors would really appreciate some performance improvement. It is ridiculous that the game cannot be coded properly to utilize the full power of my processor. Also, I was really sad to see performance improvements especially for LOWER END GPU's COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! If your going to work to improve performance for players with LOW END gear, at least work to improve performance for those of us with HIGH END GEAR, opr at ;east COMMENT, SAY SOMETHING about what the plan is for the AMD multicore processor. What are you working on? Is anything in the works? I run every game I play on HIGH and ULTRA and have 80+ FPS and no drops. PS2 .....30 lucky if I get 49FPS. It is insane! It is NOT my rig, my settings, my drivers or any of that, it is the optimization of the game. Please at least comment on the plans to address this.
    • Up x 1
  14. Goden

You are so bad for putting words in other peoples mouths that is impossible to converse with you.

Good day.
  15. A Tweek Snake

So this is like three pages back, but I'd like everyone to acknowledge this hilarious combination of words.

Edit: I'M REALLY P I S S
  16. Wind770

Bulldozer has kind of had alot of Problems with quite a few Applications since it's release ;)

I'm going to send you a First Gen 1156 i7 that you'll enjoy more.

Now on to more pressing information, Intel Vs AMD Fanboys, GO!
  17. MaxDamage

Ah, now I see a reason to complain, amongst all these great updates. I think spawning invincibility is a positive move, but offering that same effect to revived people is unnecessary, it's not like they're fresh off a loading screen or just come out of a hairy battle, they know the surroundings, the risks; as does the medic and I think it currently works very well. I am content to die instantly during res if the fight is hardcore, I like the gamble when the odds are against you; and part of the skill of being a medic and team player is knowing when/where to res. Invulnerability in that position might be a serious problem. It gives them a chance to throw a grenade that they already blew by being reckless, this time with an immunity to damage that they don't deserve.
  18. RayDrazon

I can't seem to edit posts after a certain time has passed. (I don't know how long)

Figured it would be easier to just post.
  19. TheKillinguy

Good changes, I like those patchnotes...but there are 2 points that are really worrying me

First thing, the spawn/revive invincibility. I don't think it's a good idea to have people empty an entire magazine into someone else and then the spawner turns around and kills the other guy while reloading. They added the same mechanics to bf3 a while ago and it really I had some very frustrating moments then.
    Second point, the changes to the XP system, I like the way vehicle assists will be, but how freshly spawned players will only reward a "fraction" of the usual XP....PLEASE SONY, I don't want to end up getting only 20 points for most of my kills, especially because the majority of players rarely ever reaches a high killstreak in this game...
  20. GuardianGrim

You could do that, really it depends which bases they are talking about, which they didn't specify for now. If its one of the larger bases on the map I would agree making it harder to spawn camp would be good, if its one of the outposts I like how the current "fall back and regroup" or using sundies keeps the battle lines moving so it doesn't become trench war fare.
  21. Guyshep

What will happen to the servers that'll empty out, given that people will want to transfer to more populated servers?