Evidence of Crash Bug

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Duvenel, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Duvenel

So I lurk the forums more than is healthy for me, and I don't think I've seen a single frame of proof of this bug/exploit. And for people saying that: OMG MAKE IT STOP, IT'S HAPPENED TO ME 5 TIMES TODAY ALREADY! -RAGEQUITLIFESOHARD-

I'd like to see some evidence, please. As far as I know I haven't experienced this almighty game breaking exploit, so I'm a little doubtful. I invite you ALL to press the [Pg Up] key, and upload it to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Bebo or even your own servers if you have to. I want to see actual proof, I want to watch so many videos that my eyes explode.

And if it is the case that this is an ACTUAL problem, then I want the devs to see all of the collated videos and try to figure out what is going on. Because so far all of these MASS CRASING BUG EXPLOITS, HACKING threads are clogging up reading time.

/readysetgo!
  2. Dramek

Fortunately we don't have to convince you, nor do I care that you doubt it. There is evidence enough for the devs and that's all that matters.
    • Up x 1
  3. Duvenel

What evidence?
  4. Dramek

I'm sorry are you still talking?
    • Up x 1
  5. Jestunhi

All you would see is someone's game crashing.

It cannot prove why it crashed.

Pointless thread is pointless.
  6. Duvenel

I am, but I'd genuinely like to see some. I've not experienced it in game, and the only evidence I've seen is people saying that's happening and that's widespread. I just don't see it.
  7. Duvenel

But people are saying that it's being caused by organised groups? How would the person that's crashing know this?
  8. Silverfish

I wasn't aware people thought the crashing was a 'sploit.
    My client has been crashing a whoooole lot lately however.
    Just fix the crashing to desktop plz! Regardless of what is causing it. It is unreasonable for a program to croak this frequently given the hardware and experience available today.
  9. Jestunhi

Then don't believe them.

No one is in any way obligated to prove it to you, the only people they need to send info to is SoE.

And, frankly, for all the forum posters know you are hoping to find out how to do it with this thread, not find out whether it really happens.

No... I would not advise anyone giving out info on exploits in this forum.
  10. Dramek

Your not going to see it because exploits shouldn't spread, it sounds more like you want to know how it's done. If you don't believe in it fine, who cares it's not hard to figure out once you've seen it done a few times it becomes very obvious when someone does it.
  11. Pat22

Yesterday on Soltech, I was trying to defend the crown from a bunch of NC guys who had deployed a sundy in the garage. I rushed it to C4 it and my game crashed just as I threw the final C4 brick onto the sunderer.
    At first I thought they had done it to me but then I realised that I was the one playing with C4 and the bug's been said to be triggered by C4, and indeed when I logged back in and rushed back to the Crown to see if I could still save it, I realized all the NC players had also been disconnected.
    My apologies to the NC players present at the time, I was merely trying to blow up your sunderer, I had no intentions on making everyone crash, I didn't even know I could that way.
  12. Cyridius

When 200 people's clients crash simultaneously, I don't think I need to prove anything to you.

Especially when Higby himself is looking for more information to help them fix the EXPLOIT. Keyword capitalised.
    • Up x 1
  13. Aragato

This video was streamed during an operation for my outfit. During the last few minutes of the stream, the bug/exploit crashed all members of the outfit that were in the attacked hex.

Ask and you shall receive.

14. Duvenel

I genuinely haven't experienced it. Infact there was a tweet from a dev asking for info on it, and from the last time I checked, his answer was something along the lines of: the details seem to be sketchy. I don't quite see how asking for some video proof of organised groups doing this to other people would enable me to exploit it? Although it could, but I'm thinking more in the sense that seeing someone speedhack ingame and recording it and that would somehow enable others to know how to speedhack.
  15. Jestunhi

If a video is to prove that it's caused by players and not a random crash then it has to show how it's done.

So clearly, whoever watched it would know how to do it.

It's an exploit, not a hack.
  16. Crashsplash

The only time I have known it happen is in Bio Labs. Annoying,
  17. Duvenel

No one needs to prove anything to me. But I'd like and appreciate it if they could. I know that Higby is looking for info on it, and I have no idea how well they're dealing with it, but this is what makes me sceptical:

http://i.imgur.com/ORJGK.png

I realise that this tweet was from a few days ago and I hope that they've made some headway with this.
  18. Compass

I've had my entire Squad CTD at the exact same time, also at a Bio Lab. What exactly would be the explanation for this?
  19. Duvenel

Thanks for taking the time to post something.
  20. Udon

There is no doubt there is a issue that can cause a entire faction in a area to crash at the same time while not affecting any other faction. I have seen it happen a few times right before a base was lost only to come back to the base being firmly in the loosing teams hands. You could argue it's a random bug if you want but given how often it happens to the side with the advantage at the base I think it would be a little naive to do so.