[Suggestion] Improve INF combat; remove "Q" Spotting, add more cover.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Germanius_GER, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Tuco

wwiionline has the lowest TTK you can possibly imagine, one rifle bullet hit and your dead 90% of the time, the other 10% of the time you might as well be dead cause you walk so slow and your vision gets all red.

You know how it's balanced? It's easy to hide the FRU (same thing as a sunderer/AMS except it can actually hide from air), and there is no 2D spotting, and there is no 3D spotting. Nametags of friendlies only show up, an enemy could be right next to you and you wouldn't even know it.

Q spotting makes infantry farming really really really easy. If infantry had twice as many hitpoints instead of being really really really easy to farm infantry it would still be really easy to farm infantry, with Q spotting.
    • Up x 1
  2. Meiu

Depends heavily on your type of color weakness (to be specific as colorblind is a complete lack of color). You sure you are? You don't seem to quite understand it very well?
  3. Zoner

The range of spotting infantry is ridiculously large, i wish it was something like 150m max
  4. KingSyphilis

In my opinion, there’s no good reason to remove “Q” spotting. It’s a given such technology (if not vastly superior) would exist in the future, let alone perhaps being used by real‐world military in 10 years time. In terms of gameplay and fun it makes it far easier to engage in teamwork when defending and attacking, as well aiding a sense of direction on huge battlefields (especially while on foot). Perhaps as soon as visual contact is lost, the marker could linger in place then visually decay (or perhaps throb?), rather than follow the enemy, though.

I strongly agree with your points about infantry vs. vehicle combat, though. Large bases should have many infantry‐exclusive sections such as tunnels and underground bunkers, as well as fortifications on the outside of building modules so infantry can actually withstand vehicle ballistics being fired toward them—see this thread by Figment for some personally championed designs. In general, base designs should be more logical.
  5. Germanius_GER

The setting of this game may take place in the future, but neither is this game futuristic (only for vanu maybe) or realistic.
    So please dont bring this arguments again.

This is a question of balance.

Today again, sitting in my tank; thanks to this well reasoned game mechanic. I was able to make a 80/3 kill streak.
    They had no chance of hiding or escaping, a bit of "q" spamming and i saw every single infantry men, no matter where they were.

6. Kumaro

HAHAHA!! it's a given it would exist in the future. sorry i didn't inted to be mean with that just found the comment hilarious. considering the Tanks don't have recoil and range compensator's, Snipers don't have bullet drop calculation, range counters, Air doesn't have aim support reticule for their guns. etc etc there is so much that isn't there. To be honest it's wrong to say future should have this and that since this future is more like a rough WW2 on another planet future the technology is advanced but extremely lacking <.<
  7. Ghoest

No.

I think you are talking about of your butt.

"Colorblindness" refers to either lacking one of the 3 types of rods or having a mutated version of the of of the 3 types of rods.
    It is very common(between 3 and 10% of males) and essentially all cases involve problems with either the green or red rods.
  8. Meiu

Actually "Color weakness" specifically relates to a loss of different spectrums of light due to either trauma or heredity. Color blindness is specifically used to refer to a lack of color completely due to whatever circumstance. There are far more types than just red/green btw. It's ok though, you are probably just googling while I actually work in the medical field.
    • Up x 1
  9. Silver Pepper

If they remove the spotting mechanic, they need to have actual compass bearings visible in-game, so I can give squad members accurate bearings to enemy positions.

Hell, this needs to be there already.
  10. Germanius_GER

Ok so, some People agree with me, a few reject it and most say just neerf it.

At least i am not the only one, who sees a problem in this mechanic.
  11. Ghoest

No. I have a degree in Biology and and am red/green color blind my self. I have studied it and and the nature of color perception extensively over the years..

Stop making up definitions - what I said is proper word usage.The definitions might not be well suited to explaining the condition - but they are correct..

Contrary to what you said essentially all colorblindness is red/green. But there are 4 primary types or red green colorblindness.

Deuteranopia- lack of green rods
    partial Deuteranopiaia - mutated green rods that dont pick standard green
    Protanopia- lack of red rods
    partial Protanopia - mutated red rods that dont pick up standard red

They all have similar but different effects are grouped together when speaking general about the condition.

On a side note since you saw fit to speculate about me and make stuff up. Ill do the same for you.
    I really dont care about your credentials as an x-ray tech or dental hygienist. Stop making up lies.
  12. Germanius_GER

Can both of you stick to the topic?
  13. Drevar

What if they made spotting a platoon-only mechanic? If you spot, the voice-over is heard by everyone in proximity (so you can still warn everyone about that sniper you just saw), but the flaming-hot dorito and mini-map dot only show up for platoon members.

This would also alleviate some server data having to be sent to a hundred other players every time someone hits Q.
  14. bendplz

the map needs to be re-worked with more cover for infantry, and q spotting is easy-mode for 12 year old kids that have no skill
    • Up x 1
  15. Wibin

To OP,
    Your arguments are silly, but you have a point as well.

To tell people they cannot take their vehicles there because you don't like it is just ignorant.

There are LOTS of places for infantry to hide.

However, I wish there were more at times, but then if you peak over a ridge and I cannot get to you, I'm dead if your armed right.

So that is BS anyways.

If your infantry running around in an open field, your obviously lost and deserve to die.

As for the spotting command, yeah, it can be annoying, but it rarely works for me anyways. I end up shooting friendlies all the time because it rarely works.
  16. Germanius_GER

So being able to sit on the highest mountain peek and over watching everything and gun it down, is BS?
    Sry, but the existing cover in the game, that is BS. There are only few spots where you can peak over a ridge and actually suvive.
  17. Dr. Allcome

Spotting benefits/hurts everyone equally, so I don't see a point in removing it.
  18. Germanius_GER

Maybe it hurts people playing infantry, a mechanic that just turn them into victims.
  19. Dr. Allcome

The same is true for vehicles.

If you read my other posts, you will see that I'm an infantry guy, not a flyboy or a tank spamer. Still I think spotting is fine because it helps/hurts infantry as well as vehicles. It is a way to communicate, for people who do not use the voice chat.
  20. JohnnyMaverik

Remove Q spotting and increase cover = sniper spam away.