Problems with PlanetSide 2 as I see them.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaloro

Can't argue with anything, other than HE. In my mind the problem with it is not its effectiveness against infantry, its that it is too good against armor. You can put HE rounds on a lightning and still take on enemy tanks.

Basically HE rounds should just bounce off vehicles for next to no damage. Then you make a definite choice equipping it.
    • Up x 3
  2. Blackmar

Never thought I'd agree with Buzzcut... but damn, SOE, if you're listening, please take these ideas into serious consideration.

/signed
  3. Commissar Gaunt

I only have one thing I really disagree with, and its the stuff regarding AMS. I drive a sundy and I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of the enemy farm, but making people take no damage for any period of time can break the game. This would encourage people to park a sundy in a VERY hostile area IE the doors to enter a tech lab. If a sundy took that spot the defenders have lost about half the area because they are fighting un-killable demi gods and even then they get no points for killing them because its "too soon" getting a kill should reward the other player for overcoming his opponent no matter how long ago he spawned.

now to counter this the sunderer should be redesigned. Spawning should happen out the rear door and there should be a sheild on it like the ones in the spawn rooms in every base. This way you can gain rewards from killing the sunderer and you cant farm infantry unless they run outside
  4. Kayos

I didn't think I would ever agree with Buzz but I have to here 100%. Totally agree.
  5. PsychoBat

Haven't read the rest of the thread except first post, but I have to say that in my opinion the influence mechanic works really well. It allows a front line to form on the map and disencourages capping of disconnected territories.

As for the medic problem, maybe make it so 1. you can see the level of the medic reviving you and the amount of health he'll revive and 2. make the rest of the health above the revive portion regenerate in a few seconds if the person isn't taking damage.

Rest of it I can mostly agree with. Good joob articulating your opinions!
  6. Kuraudo

You forgot the part where he advocates for "No-deploy" zones in key areas such as the one you fear would be taken advantage of.

Also, even without the addition of the very necessary no-deploy zones, it would force players to deal with the deployed sunderer instead of farming it.
  7. Chubzdoomer

If they were to remove KDR from the game completely... Oh my GOD what an awesome change that would be. I just can't see it ever happening, but it would be a glorious day. Although mine is good, having it there means that it's always on my mind and even I'll admit that I often play in such a manor that preserves my KDR rather than what might be the best for my squad/platoon/outfit/faction at that particular moment. If stat tracking were to be either removed or optional, it would completely change everything about how I play. I'd take more risks and probably enjoy the game oh so much more. Hear us out, SOE. Please, please do something about the stat tracking! Again, even if it were made optional for some players (like me) that would be fantastic. I know I'm just one man here, but BuzzCut is a very respected, talented TR player and even he thinks it should be gone! I hope that you're listening...
  8. Evil Monkey

+100

Agree with everything. If this was implemented, Planetside might be a game not just a glorified beta.
  9. Netham

5am and I read the whole thing.

Worth it, may not agree 100% on everything, but regardless, VERY good discussion of the game.
  10. NovaAustralis

Your suggestions with which I agree wholeheartedly.
    Quoted to bump this thread
  11. NovaAustralis

and the rest!
  12. Akrasjel

Interesting stuff Buzz :cool:
  13. UberBonisseur

Mostly agree on everything, yet:

It sort of used to work.

The point was you could capture bases from the outside if you held a large majority of the surrounding territories.
    It was kinda subverted with most tower outposts, with 2 out of 3 CP outside which means you can cap under 50% influence without even touching point A.

But the concept was good. It would extend the battlefield around facilities.
    It added a lot to the metagame.
    And back in beta, capping was a gamble, once the capping bars were launched, Defense could "win" by holding until they bar was full, and it then performed a soft reset of the base, removing the hacks on terminals and satellites.

Their initial plan was good on paper, but kind of poorly executed as:
    -Most of the external CP were located at satellites
    -You could find 2-3 CP out of 6 outside

If you take Saurva Bio Lab on Indar, it's well executed there:
    The single, external CP is located in the courtyard, below the biolab, inside the walls.

As for capture rates and times, you could just put arrows and call it a day.
    ========<<<=======
  14. Shym

Good read, agree with just about everything.
    Bumpity!
  15. MrK

All very good points, not sure on the grenade thing, though. That's where Flak Armor becomes valid, and it's a good thing that something else than NWA is valid.
  16. KarMaSk89

100%. Great stuff. Personally was thinking of posting something like this. Glad u beat me to it!
  17. AdrIneX

Man, the part with "defensible structures" is so spot on. I've been thinking the same thing "why the hell does every building have so many windows?". Enemy tanks will literally sit outside and shoot rounds inside. So damn frustrating.

For the rest of the post I simply couldn't agree more. I really like your idea for the Amp stations and the jump pads. SOE need to listen to guys like you. Your ideas could improve the game so much.
  18. jackrandom

Very good read, that would definitely be a game I would enjoy to play and stick around with. If SOE decided to do everything you stated in your post it'd still take them 6 months I'd assume.
  19. Shamrock

I agree with the majority of the points of the OP, a lot of common sense here that if implemented would improve game-play and objectivity rather than the rudderless farming in PS2.
  20. metareal

/signed - So say we al!l :)
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.