This magical thing called "recoil"....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Grayson, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Grayson

When will the other 2 faction will get it? (Yep TR, VS)
    I'm really getting sick of that even in longer range combat they just simply SPRAY me down, there is simply no chance to kill them in longer range, even if i use burst fire. I hit them 4 times and i get at least 8-10 bullets. It's just simply unfair, give them some recoil to so finally the game would'nt be a spray & pray fps.
    Please don't reply with those fancy "stats" that doesn't mean a thing when they can just spray me down from a mile away. I'm okay flying with my bathtub, and with the **** warpgate locations, but this recoil thing just freaks me out.
    When will they patch it, or do anything about it?
  2. Rodinvac

Believe it or not, but VS and TR do have recoil as well.
    • Up x 12
  3. Vachek

Ya know whats funny, and i'm assuming you are NC, our weapons are Gauss based, which would mean they are magnetic coil propelled, which would mean there would be little recoil.
    • Up x 1
  4. Grayson

But not as much as they should have. At least they should nerf the damage at longer range or something.
  5. Failbrick

I've only played a little bit with TR, but they do have moderate recoil. It's a little low for the massive fire rate they have, but this game isn't really about realism. VS on the other hand, has almost no recoil. What little they do have is incredibly easy to control.
    • Up x 1
  6. Jestunhi

Typical NC whine thread, entirely uninformed and focusing only on how it feels, because actual game stats prove them wrong.
    • Up x 3
  7. Grayson

Just play 1-2 week as an NC, and you will get what i'm saying.
  8. d2005

We have a huge amount of recoil in some of the vanu weapons. What you might actually be noticing is A HACK. Cruddy hacks have been around for 15 years that reduce your weapon recoil to zero.

Sorry it isn't your NC, it is the absurdly cruddy community that refuses not to hack and the ridiculously non-secure game.
  9. huller

on the VS the recoil is simply ridiculous, it turns their close combat carbines into sniper rifles, as for the NC, try the TR side of the barrel for a change, the spread is ridiculous, even with forward grip it is simply a bad idea to aim for the head past 20 metres since you'll prob miss half of your shots, NC burst dammage up close is insane but it is the VS who are OP as ****. The TR dominate at mid range, the NC at close range, VS dominate everywhere
  10. Jestunhi

Or, he's just fighting people who move their mouse downwards while firing:

The only kind of recoil that should cause problems is on weapons which have random horizontal recoil.

:edit:

Skip to 1:30 if impatient.
    • Up x 2
  11. TeknoBug

NC does have the most recoil but they also do the most damage.

NC = average max damage 167-200 and average recoil of 0.44
    TR = average max damage 143-167 and average recoil of 0.3
    VS = average max damage 143 and average recoil of 0.22

Experienced FPS players will use NC weapons with no trouble, the average player or new player will suck at playing NC which is part of why NC infantry is terrible in this game.
  12. Flarestar

lol.

So the NC weapons on average kill one bullet sooner, but have 1.47x to 2x the recoil, with a substantially lower average ROF and substantially higher average COF bloom?

And you don't understand why that's a balance issue how...?

I play both NC and VS heavily. BR 32 NC, BR 28 VS. The difference between the weapon handling is night and day. If you put two equally skilled players up against each other, with "equivalent" weapons, the VS player will win, every single time, unless the players are at ranges so short that recoil and COF are non-factors.

Like I've said several times before - you cannot have balanced factions in a game if you've only balanced half of the equation. Balance in a competitive game consists of two sides - offense and defense. You cannot make the offense variable (different weapon characteristics) and the defense static (classes are identical) and achieve balance.
    • Up x 2
  13. Grayson

The trouble is that other factions can use those weapons almost as a fully auto sniper. So they get a higher rate of fire in a really long distance . The higher damage is a nice thing, but when they just rain down a mag at you, there is really no chance to get the enemy.
  14. Xae

Newton's third law still applies to Magnets.
    • Up x 3
  15. Xind

Are you facing off against Carbines and Assault Rifles? Or LMGS? Because in my experience NC LMGs do lose the "saw at each other" contest against VS or TR. Take heart, the VS still full auto destroy TR, too.

As a TR player I'm here to tell you our weapons have recoil. At the default level of each races HA, the difference between guns is a little borked. (Favoring the VS, with the NC on the low end of the pole) But after you buy some new gear, the brutal imbalance recedes a little.

On the flip Side, I feel like LA for VS and NC are fantastically equipped and wish TR LA was as impressive.
  16. Jimmy DeSouza

Nope. All force put into your projectile has to have an equal and opposite effect on the weapon, and thus you, meaning recoil.

On topic, the NC have the highest recoil per shot, but the lowest per second and per damage. Play the other factions and then idiots stating things like "The trouble is that other factions can use those weapons almost as a fully auto sniper." will amuse you as well.
  17. Vedo

Dear SOE, please take all the VS weapon stats and apply them to the corresponding NC and TR weapons so we can stop seeing these god damned threads every day.
  18. Jimmy DeSouza

Hell no, they should just give everyone every weapon. I would kill to get my hands on a Gauss compact S as a TR LA.

(I wouldnt put up with the NC announcer though, there is only so much a man can take and all that).
  19. Xae

Fun Fact!

If you divide Recoil by Damage most guns in the same category (LMG/Carbine/AR) and Class (Hipfire, Long range, CQ) have almost identical recoil per damage.

SAW: 200/.55 = 363
    Carv: 143/.4 = 353

A ~3% difference in recoil per damage done.

Now Adjust for a .35 smaller First Shot Recoil mod on the SAW and it will have less recoil than the Carv on bursts of less than a second.

If you adjust to past ~10-15 meters it will it will out damage a Carv, while being more accurate
    • Up x 1
  20. Monnor

Shooting with VS TR guns if you play NC is like , wtf, those guns must have inbuild aimbots.