Scout Rifles

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Huntsman-, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Enerzeal

The semi automatic needs a laser sight, and it needs a double in its fire speed.

The fully automatic needs 10 more rounds. Maybe a touch more damage.

Infiltrator needs the ability to attack out of cloak, and one shot knife in the back.
  2. ThElement078

To all you guys saying the scout rifles suck, they don't

You may have known me for posting a lot of scout rifle rage some time ago. But as I learned how to use the FULL AUTO scout rife (semi-auto is ****) I've discovered its a great, sorry, THE GREATEST GUN IN-GAME. Sure you get lousy 20-round mags but, you get compensated with epic hip fire accuracy - pop a laser sight on and charge, its like a goddamn shotgun! (seriously). Even got myself a 15-20 ish kill streak once or twice. Not to mention the kick-*** fire rate too, really really good. If you are a pro at recoil control, this thing is really good at mid sometimes (although very challengingly) even long ranges! Seriously, maybe you guys aren't using it right. You have to time your reloads with cloaking, and use the cloak to flank the enemy,and have the guts be right beside your target.(Remember the laser sight, really effective)
  3. Enerzeal

The tip with the full auto at long range is to tap single rounds off, only fire at targets that are stationary, otherwise cloak and book it dropping claymores as you go. It will kill another in between 3-5 headshots, the rate of fire is so quick though even on single shots that they wont have time to react usually.

ALWAYS move in closer if it doesn't give away your position or put you in harms way.
  4. ghnurbles

The same applies to the semi-auto, the best place to be is close to your enemies and far from your allies. Co-incidentally, it's also the most fun place to be.

The scout rifle playstyle is definitely one of the more difficult ones, but I wouldn't say it's weak. I've been pulling 2 KDR pretty steadily since I got the hang of it (Nyx + laser dot + silencer + reflex sight). My main gripe is the lack of AV options - all I can do to an enemy Sunderer is camp it until I die or help comes.
  5. Wolferk

Man... It's easy to kill people even with a pistol. and a laser sight turns LA's basic carabine into a deathmachine too. Get an supressor and rock the game. Scout isn't best for flanking. He is good though. But Scout Rifles are made for players who prefer CQC to sniping enemies, and cloak device isn't a 100% advantage. Because it happens, that you are flying as LA above your enemies and can shoot them from above immediately, as for the scout u must spend a second for decloaking. And if LA is capable of killing 2 persons with one magazine, scout is completely unsuitable for it.

What we are all saying, is that there are several features, that must be corrected for scout rifles:
    1. They are positioned as LONG range rifles, but they are not. They got stats close to LA-Engie's LMGs, though it has less ammo.
    2. They have no ammo-upgrade at all, like soft-point or high velocity ammo, so you are even more disadvantageous in both CQC and LongRange.
    3. Semi-autos have almost the same dmg/ammo as mk2 Handguns (like Rebel), but their recoil is so immense, that it's hard to compete enemy at any distance while using it.
    4. Compensators and Grips are useless on them, they simply do not work, so the only choice to put a laser sight on it. But semi's rate of fire is too slow to kill enemy faster.
    5. As CQC weapons they lose because u can't kill more than one enemy with a clip even if u are flanking them, it easier to do with a knife/pistol, and puts u in a less risky position.

Resuming all above, Combat Medics DO have the suitable weapon. It rocks all distances. LAs are customizable and even can carry shotguns. Heavys... No comment. They are effective and flexible.

But scouts... They really need to be powered up! Some good increase in bullet speed and recoil. Or capability of ammo upgrade... Something like that.

I think all should agree that situation, when compensator on semi-autos does NOTHING but shows you farther at the map is kind of ridiculous.

Ofc we can kill people with scout rifles, but right now they feel like WW2 weapons in modern conflicts, what places then into position of the worst effective weapons in the game.
    • Up x 2
  6. Desaan

Grabbed the Nyx today had a lot more fun playing with it than the V10, can't help but feel I wasted 100 cert point on the compensator, IT DOES NOTHING. Seriously, the kick is ridiculous anyway and takes some getting used to but even with compensator on it had almost no effect on upwards recoil. I can't tell the difference with it on and off, am I the only one?
    • Up x 2
  7. Krytical

As a TR light-assault I can kill 3 enemies with 1 mag and still miss plenty of bullets. A well placed grenade launcher shot and you can add 1-3 more players to that tally before I need to fly off somewhere to reload.

With the automatic scout rifle I'd literally have to hit every single time to kill more than 1 guy before reloading.

If you think the automatic scout rifle is fine, then you sir are a masochist.

No on here is saying give scout rifles 200 round clips like a T9 Carv + Extended ammunition, but at the very least they need 30-40 rounds with the ability to use soft point or high velocity ammunition and then we can start talking about fixing the rest of the infiltrator stuff.
    • Up x 1
  8. Word Of Madness

I trialed the TR automatic scout rifle and had a lot of fun with it. Sneak around the bases using lesser used paths with a bit of cloak and strike when the time is right. There is some difficulty in handling larger groups due to the small magazine, so you really have to try and pick on lone targets, or aim for the head. The latter of which is doable as the rifle seems quite accurate.

Smart players can usually pick up on your cloaking shenanigans, but there are a large number of players who remain clueless. I uncloaked in a room with two players facing me and shot them both before they realised what had happened. However, I can't help but feel that I could've done the same as a light assault by jetpacking above the door and waiting for them to exit. And there lies the problem with automatic scout rifles. The light assault is capable of doing the same thing, but better. You get movement flexibility from the jetpack, a higher ROF to kill things quicker, the ability to kill vehicles and MAXs with C4 and a larger magazine so you can afford to spray it a bit and you get the extra health to help you survive the 1vs1 encounters.
  9. VoidC

I was unhappy after I bought my Nyx. Now the more I use it in CQC the more I love it.

Desaan I see also almost no difference with compensator, maybe it is just a placebo effect. Now I spare my certs for Suppressor and Laser dot.
  10. Wolferk

No. Compensator just simply doesn't work on it
  11. Wolferk

Man, could u please tell me where did you get these numbers from?
  12. jackrandom

How come every ones argument about the full-auto rifles are that you can not go head to head in a fight. That makes the weapon 100% useless IMO, I roll around with my pistol with laser & supp and I can easily kill anyone I get the jump on. However since I use my pistol though I still have my advantage of being able to switch to my main rifle and kill at long ranges also.
  13. Wolferk

DUDES! I just tried a trial for another semi-auto rifle in game. It's called Warden, and could be bought for HA. It has same bullet damage (about 300), but 20 ammo clip, very good ballistics, almost no recoil, and DOUBLE temp of fire in comparison to scout one...
    It's really very effective weapon at all ranges, and it has AMMO upgrade. I should call it "Deathmachina"

It just rock's so hard, that I can't even understand why are scout rifles so useless.
    Just try it for trial. HA -> certifications-> Battle Rifle (Warden for NC). There is only one battle rifle, u won't miss. It worth it xDDD
  14. Rigsta

• Up x 1
  15. Enerzeal

I just did this and I was disgusted by it. 20 rounds, fast fire, semi-auto.. GREAT damage. Fantastic list of attachments. Best parts were definitely little CoF, little to no recoil, that with a 3.4 scope, silencer and a laser sight and it would be an amazing weapon..

GIVE IT TO THE INFILTRATOR!!
    • Up x 1
  16. Desaan

I have no idea what the devs where smoking when they designed the class. I've played since early beta and I have come to the conclusion they genuinely don't know what the hell they are doing, it's the complete opposite of it's PS1 counterpart. Sitting on hill for hours on end playing Duck Hunt is not my idea of fun, but then again neither is getting owned by every other class in CQ simply because we lack the tools to do anything about it. The scout rifles do little to justify the existence of what is already a weak class they where merely added as an afterthought by the devs for removing shotguns from the class at the end of beta.

My advice to anyone of thinking of wasting their money on anything Infiltrator related, don't bother, that goes double for scout rifles. They are as much a joke as the attachments that come with them.
    • Up x 4
  17. ArielFox

QFT. I have found this out to my chagrin. Sadface.
    • Up x 1
  18. ghnurbles

I just trialled the Eidolon (VS Battle Rifle). Definitely the first thing I'm going to pick up with SC on the 21st, a gun for HA that I actually like!

I'm still happy enough with the Nyx, though, there's so many places that my Infiltrator can get to to wreck face that an HA would be mowed down if they tried.
  19. SquirrelWizard

LA also get access to a shotgun. Using their superior mobility they can get the jump on people just as effectively, if not more so, than an infiltrator. Infiltrators have a second of dead time between cloak and uncloak, light assaults just pull the trigger. I fail to see why Infiltrators don't have access to similar equipment.
  20. Wolferk

Suggestion... Does anybody agree that situation would be much better, if only Infiltrator could brake his cloak simply by starting shooting? It would be honest! Anyway cloak is useless in 15m, because it's easy to be seen. Infi's cloak is not as cool as Spy's one in Team Fortress 2 for example, because it's really visible )