Zepher nerf needed soon.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fluff, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Fluff

It's not too difficult to see now that the zepher is taking over as far as spamming and mowing down anything, INF and armor units alike.

Take a little look at this video and you will see how utterly silly the zepher is in this game.

Now it's a cannon, lets face it, is it a high powered artillery weapon, it cannot, just cannot be spammed fire, it would still have the same devastating power but enough is enough with the fact that you cannot run anywhere in this game away from that skilless zepher farmer. Worse, those big fat whales that are parked at max ceiling, way above ground lock on and yet, even at max ceiling they -easily- will devaste and entire field not because it's abnormal as they do have a cannon, it's abnormal because of the firing rate of that cannon.

And before you say anything, what is inside the gunships is the 105 mm (4.13 in) M102 howitzer.
    It is not the 40mm variant.

I also posted a video about the javelin/stinger, showing that you do not and have NEVER needed more than 1 missile to shoot a air vehicle down.

And as for the Anti-tank launchers...

G2A and G2G missiles are deadly, feared by all, if you are inside a tank and you hear the warning sound that you have been locked on, you either smoke and get the hell out or say your prayers because your life is about to end as your tank is likely to explode and this goes the same for anything that flies in the air and is hit by a G2A missile, you will be shreaded to pieces in a second if you are hit by a missile.

So guys, why then does the zepher spam shells? Why does it take me up to 3 missiles to down a plane and 4-5 to down a big fat flying whale?

Why is it that I cannot hit a sunder that is moving below me with my G2G missile, it's not even evading it's just moving and my missiles will, most of the time, totally miss.

If you didn't want people to have guided weapon why put them in game? And why modify physics of things that exist to make them so silly that it ruins this game every day?
  2. Eduard K.

Ah, the good ol' "let's make reality the base for balance", nice try.
    • Up x 5
  3. LastLieutenant

Dude this isn't real life. I'm not sure if you noticed that when signing up for the game.
    • Up x 1
  4. Timezown

Inb4 he realizes we're hundreds/thousands of years into the future

A thousand years ago, we didnt have tanks, or airplanes, or rocket launchers. We had bows and swords. It seems rather reasonable that in the future our weapons will be slightly more efficient, no?
  5. OMGItzChucky

Zepher are OP.. libs can fly at 900m staying out of the range of most AA weapons and farm exp by spamming zepher rounds on anything. They are really annoying. Even more so than rocketpods since you basically can't do nothing against them other than getting a ESF.
  6. crazybrayden

because thats what it does, less damage per shell but more of them, the dalton is the opposite

because its a big fat flying whale

they missed because you missed, practice makes perfect

also planetside2 isn't a mil sim
  7. Fluff

Nice to see that all the comments are pretty silly so far.

As for the future crap, yeah and you'd think that the ONLY thing that didn't improve is defense too?

Now if you are moronic enough to think that this game isn't based on reality something is wrong with you. It is entirely based on physics that currently exist and yes it's a game, and again you'd have to be quite stupid to argue it is not a game. Yet, why then is this game so one-sided toward air? Because of those changes made to physics that just don't cut it in a game as it becomes a SPAMMING game.

And yes, I do suspect that a nerf will be coming for the zepher boys as we INF will only take so much of this crap until people will start leaving this game which again is, Airside 2.
  8. VSDerp

#facepalm
    • Up x 1
  9. Imnuktam

Dalton is rediculous too.

Am so tired of seeing bombers pull this physics defying move where they point planes nose straight up in air and keep flying towards you to ram you while Dalton fires at you doing 63% damage each it. Basically an instagib if you are a good aim with the gun and if you miss whatever, your l33t pilots will just smash through the esf and keep going.

These libbys are a joke right now as far as watching them fly and seeing how they kill things. Its a crime against physics.
    • Up x 1
  10. Faction

its way too good against armor for being AI. needs a nerf somehow
  11. Hoki

Lets here the OP rationalize the medic gun.
    • Up x 3
  12. Blarglesplat

Wait, so the increase in efficiency only applies to the cannons and armor on flying ubertanks and not on the computer guided missiles?
  13. Fluff

err they missed because I I missed? Oh so now I have control over my guided missile? That's what you are saying?

Flying whale, that's why they don't go down? Takes 1 missile to destroy ANYTHING in the air right now, ANYTHING, not 20, not 10, not 5, 1 missile hit on anything that is currently flying will mean most of the time certain death.
  14. Fluff

And yes... yes yes... no one argues this ISN'T a game, it is.

But what we are so sick and tired is that only ONE part of the player base is thoroughly enjoying this game while the other part has total control and fun over us. That's all we are saying, and yes, if it means you guys having less fun so we INF can have more fun.. THEN FREAKING GREAT! That way we ALL have the same amount of fun at least.
  15. Ouch Electric

Real life weapon systems are constantly evolving, and changing the balance between weapon system and countermeasure.

You just want the game to play a certain way, which I understand, but the truth is that the devs just make the game they want to play, and they can't please every one. I would really suggest to just adapt to the game instead of asking for a complete change in weapon systems.

Also, AA is a very very big player in the battle for air superiority in planetside. You can basically give a protective umbrella to your air power by rolling with AA. This gives them a tremendous advantage over enemy aircraft. I would suggest that you try a combined arms approach.
    • Up x 1
  16. Ouch Electric

I dont get this idea that a lib rolls through and just stomps everything. If you put an AA max out, that lib is going to have to leave the area soon. It's not like infantry are defenseless the moment one lib comes through. It's usually a matter of multiple liberators, tanks, planes and infantry pushing you out of the area.
    • Up x 1
  17. Eric Smith

I'm just hoping that all those 1337 Pilots, you know the ones that certed into Rocket Pods off the bat and then maxed out their ESF certs with the kill spam certs they gained, I'm hoping they will start taking on the Liberators like they're supposed to be doing.
  18. Bejita231

These are the only things OP still in the game, still more OP than pre nerf rocket pods just they werent as common because esf can be used by solo players, but now that ESF are nerfed the ESF pilots are now in Libs and still spaming shells and farming easy certs with no downsides, not even a single esf can take down a good lib now

The only reason PS2 is dying so fast and losing all its players is the OP air just owning the ground, its stupid SoE is so blind they cant see whats killing their game, the average casual gamer hates flying and the average player doesnt have a $100 joystick to help him be a better pilot so most people dont fly, doesnt mean flying has to be OP as ****

Another problem is people still dont like being AA, its unrewarding as ****, just making something "Deter" or run away isent rewarding me with jack **** and then they just repair up and come back 5 seconds later, give me 20xp per second or something when hiting something with flak and ill gladly deter libs all day long but untill im geting more than 5 certs per hour im not touching AA and Air will continue to dominate the battlefield whill each sides Aircraft bombard the ground for massive certs gains
    • Up x 1
  19. Syber Cid

You can fly at max alt and spam the Zephyr all day long, but you won't get any kills. If you can't render the enemy, you can't damage the enemy. This "bug" forces the lib to maintain much lower operating altitudes in order to use its weapons. This makes it easy prey for Maxs, AA Rockets, Skyguards, Turrets.....ect.

If you see a ESF spamming rockets, get a MAX with a burster. You may not kill him, but a majority of the time you will force them to run for a bit.

If you don't believe me, use your weapon trial, load up your lib and give it a shot.
    • Up x 1
  20. Syber Cid

The Lib pilot doesn't have control over the guns. So if the pilot is flying, he is only getting a fraction of the certs he would in his ESF. On that note Libs are very easy to shoot down at the moment. If you use your ESFs maneuverability and keep a high angle on the Lib you will kill it quickly without taking any hits. Of course most pilots seem to want to attack from straight behind and get point blank. This generally results in the Lib pilot nailing the brakes and ESF bursting into flames as it hits the brick wall dense Lib.

I'm not sure to laugh at you for falsely claiming PS2 is dying or because you think you need $100 dollar joystick to be a good pilot. Perhaps if you spent your time practicing instead of trying to drum up fallacies about the state of the game, you would realize that experience and not fancy peripherals are what make good pilots.

I agree that rewards vs Aircraft should be delivered on hits scored with a multiplier based off of the damage dealt. This would encourage the average Zergling to pick up AA more often. At the same time your inaccuracy in describing the ESF escape, repair, return runs make you sound bitter. It certainly takes more than 5 seconds to find a spot to land, then repair, then fly back. Not to mention how frequently do they have to make runs to refill ammo?

If the Air Power is farming you either bite the bullet and "deter" it, or find a new strategy. Even though I played since beta and play a decent number of hours a day currently, I never been spawn trapped as so many people describe. Either I am lucky or people really over exaggerate how often this happens.
    • Up x 2