Med Suit Slot: Adv. Shield Cap or Nanoweave Armor?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by msisepleld, Dec 10, 2012.

1. msisepleld

I am trying to decide what is more beneficial for the medic class.

2.5 sec reduction in shield regen time? or 20% extra HP.

the 2.5 is only 200 certs to get compared to the level 5 nanoweave armor which is 1000 certs... so for this argument we will consider only 20%

How much HP does shields give? is it more than 20% hp?

Would it be better to reduce that between fights? I feel that when I battle or rez and get hit, my biggest downtime is waiting on shields. But in a 1v1 fight the extra 20% hp combined with nano-regen device (Medic Special heal) could keep me alive longer if I use it while getting shot.

I will eventually get Ammo Bandolier also because I run out of ammo constantly... but for this situation lets focus on these 2 Suit slots.
  2. SnAjP

well ask yourself about your playstyle

rambo medic - loves to lead the platoon in the front line, loves to cap bases in 2 or 3 man groups - nano aka extra HP
    dedicated healer - holding the line behind your warriors, contributing with decent dmg at longer range - shield recharge

edit: maxed nano is extra 25perc HP
    edit2: with maxed nano u will survive one trip mine
    • Up x 1
  3. Smilliam

With the upcoming change to flak armor, it will be a very competitive choice for your suit slot. At least half of my deaths are to some sort of explosive.
    • Up x 1
  4. Naithe

How much do you use the self healing aura thing while in combat? If you use it regularly and have points in it, then that combined with the extra health your odds of survival can be boosted significantly. but only if you remember to put use the ability, like the heavies use their shield.

If you generally feel you have to wait for shields, then your playstyle properly caters more to shield capasitor. (I always recommend a few 1-2 ranks in flak, for when you are attacking biodomes or techplants.)
    • Up x 1
  5. Trysaeder

If you survive firefights often, get the shield capacitor.
    If you don't, get the nanoweave armour.
  6. KoooZ

What's the default time until shields recharge? I can't tell how much of a difference 2.5 seconds could make.
  7. Babylon Rocker

default is 10 seconds
  8. Daswen

Well if you can survive 10 sec, i guess 2.5 sec more or less isnt really matters. I went for hps, 20% actually, and i love it.
  9. BombrMan

I think the shield cap. Reason being that one of the best things you can do as a medic in a fight is to disengage and re-engage, since it buys time for you to heal yourself with your AOE. Since that is the case, I think the biggest benefit would be if your shield would also start to come back up when you do that, and thus you would want the lowest shield delay possible.

In reality though, symbiotic healing was the best medic suit mod. I miss it so much.
  10. Qauron

As a medic I would highly recommend Flak armor since, well typically you will be with a few team mates so naturally grenades will be thrown.
    • Up x 2
  11. Daswen

You two have nice arguments. Shield CD will be nice in some situations, i cant count times where i was hidding waiting for my shield coming back for come back to the fight for heal and rez.

And as Qauron said, flak armor is really great (it will be up to 50% soon) and it is my next upgrade on my medic. I cant count how many times i get killed by nades, bombing Libs or rocketpoded!

But again it is situational. HPS is a good all around suit, a must have in my opinion. Same as Flak armor in next patch.
  12. Polarity

Neither, go with Flak Armor. As a medic your biggest threat in a facility is the constant grenade/explosive spam while you're trying to heal and revive you're teammates. Not to mention it's getting a really nice buff soon.
    • Up x 1
  13. Noburu

Only have two levels in shield recharge and flak (no nano) and between the two flak has helped me MUCH more. I cant begin to count how many times a nade blows up in my group and I am the only one left alive. At level two flak I dont survive direct grenade blasts, but indirect ones leave me with a few bars left and I proceed to revive the rest of my team.

I ALWAYS keep a watch for the red grenade icon to flash on my screen and I do my best to hit sprint and run the second I see it. I still most always get hit unless Im near cover, but I also most always live as long as Im quick enough to react and no right on top of the nade when it goes off.
    • Up x 1
  14. Windreaper

Nano is really, really good if you end up in a lot of 1v1s and remember to use F. For zerging, flak all the way imo.
  15. Banick

The nanoweave only prevents another 1 or 2 bullets from killing you. Minimal in my opinion.

I would opt for the improved shield recoup. But personally I've gone for the flak armour. The amount of times I'm in the middle of a group that has died from an explosion and I survived, it's a Christmas res xp fest.
  16. Corruptlol

hrhr :D
  17. guax

No, it basically makes everything take 1 more shot to kill you, and 1 more shot is all you need to run away. Remember as a medic you are the only class guaranteed a reset if you can hide for 10 seconds; everyone else has to blow a medpack.

ps: At 12.5% nano you can survive a grendaid unless its lands at you feet
  18. Takoita

Nano helps survive grenades, rocket pods, random bullets and mediocre snipers - a universally helpful thing that allows you to survive and rez all others up.
  19. Hagestol

This. One bullet vs living through grenade barrages and resurrecting your teammates.
  20. Spiffmeister

20% more HP = 1 more bullet. Personally I prefer the ammo, grenades aren't annoying enough to justify flak armor, so I'd skip that unless rocket pods annoy you.
    • Up x 1