Med Suit Slot: Adv. Shield Cap or Nanoweave Armor?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by msisepleld, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Daswen

Anyway, it is only 211 certs to get 20% with flak or nano weave. You could go for both.
  2. Hagestol

A medic really needs to be alive during assaults, and in those you have tanks, aircraft, grenades, underslung grenades and launchers (perhaps more). Last man standing after a barrage ressing is more useful than suriving the odd bullet. Imo.
  3. TheStratovarian

The extra health helps so much, ive won fights against other groups because of that healing with the armor, its not just 1 or two bullets, but often 2-4 more hits because while shields drop often. in the long run of things. You always have a super restoration kit, your foes, unless its a medic, does not have more than 1 usually. The shield is going to go down, when you can factor in cover to fighting, you have a serious advantage of being able to often take repeated abuse to anything that does not kill you instantly. So long as you can move and dodge away. The other reason for the extra health, stopping 1hk from infiltrator guns. Though sadly with flak changes, that grenade safety is nice.
  4. Domnonos

Another vote for the flak armour. This thing has saved me soo many times, and if you start moving away from the grenade the second you see the icon, you'll almost always survive the blast. Combining this with a high level Med tool and you can almost have most people revived again before the enemy tries to push into the building/room :D
  5. Patooie

For me it's situational. Base defense/assault where there is likely nade spaming I use flak and when running and likely more 1v1 1v2 I use nanoweave build. In terms of survivability with Flak there have been many times when a nade left 5 guys around me dead and I've got a few bars left to hit F and start reviving. The nano/cap charge choice boils down to your playstyle and what sort of fights you find yourself in more often.

My 3rd build is the bandolier mainly for the 2nd c4 to take out tanks/sundies. I use it less often but it's fun to have the 2nd c4 and revive in some cases.