I believe in punishment for bad behavior. I TK.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Abomination713, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grotpar

Every engineer carries an ammo pack.

If you switch firing modes with your turret in your hand, it turns into an ammo pack.
  2. Bloodtank

This game has opened up the dark side of griefing for me.. Never would I care to.. Now I look forward too...

How about this one.. you revice someone as a medic, then he runs away with 15% health.. so you run after him to finish the heal, and get some XP, but he just keeps sprinting for miles... Not no more... To the knee and end this guys misery :D

How about the Sunderers that drive right by you, and you are calling out... V5, i need a ride.. shoot the machine gun at him to wake him up.. but keep on trucking is his motto... Hey I'm carrying a rocket launcher... WOOOSH, stop and repair.. hehe out comes the C4

How about the defense at a deployed Sunderer... Snipers standing outside the DEPLOYED Sunderer and the thing is smoking... too stupid to change kit, repair sunderer and change back.. Nope.. stand there die, get revived, die, and then watch the sunderer explode and end the raid..
    • Up x 1
  3. Dmeets

Are you serious? You TK team members because they don't play how you want them to play? Please, stop playing this game
    • Up x 2
  4. aboynamed5ue

I also play medic mostly because I like the AR. I do try and heal as much as I can, for those that call out - I'm not gonna chase someone down to heal them up. Though, it is just as frustrating for us when we lower our rifle to heal someone and that player can't watch the doorway so we don't get taken out. This happens quite a bit.

On the other hand, when I'm playing as assault I expect nothing from other medics, engineers and don't expect players to give me a ride. I'm sure they have their reasons which are just as valid. You aren't entitled to anything from any other player, if you are looking for a certain type of play from others, find an outfit that plays that way and enjoy their company.
    • Up x 1
  5. Apina

Man, its time to get a life. Seriously, listen to yourself. Do something with your GF for example.
  6. Abomination713

Yes, I kill them. When you play a game, you have to follow the rules of the game. When you don't play by the games rules, you are just in the way. Also, as Bloodtank mentions, people don't seem to understand common courtesy and they have to be dealt with as well. I really wish I could change my avatar to Judge Dredd.
  7. wolfva

I'd be afraid of what he'd do to his GF with his attitude. "Why, your honor! She deserved to be slapped in the face! She didn't make my sandwich the way I wanted! Hey your honor, you have to put people in their place!"

Oh really? Where, pray tell, does it say in the rules that engineers MUST lay down ammo at your request? Or that Sunderers MUST stop when you want a ride? Where does it say that if people don't follow YOUR orders you have the right to TK them? I find it sadly ironic that you speak of 'common courtesy' while advocating TKing people for not following you orders. Amazing.

Which is all you guys are saying. "You either play MY way or I'm JUSTIFIED in TKing you!" Well, what in the name of Hades gives you THAT right? You didn't pay for that guy's certs. You didn't buy his computer, or his net connection.

TK me because I didn't lay ammo because I was to busy laying suppression fire on a horde of enemies? Go for it. I won't 'get revenge'. I'll simply report you, switch to Infiltrator and go find a nice quiet place to snipe the enemy. WOW! You really showed me! You got rid of an engineer who may have been keeping the enemy from over running your position. Good going!
  8. daskleineviech

Boy I'm really happy I'm TR now. I spent two hours on Sunday giving some buddies basic training in safe facilities, but that would probably not be efficiant enough for you, so you'd just kill us.
  9. Apina

I just hope he has one...

No worries mate, we all been there, but it ends now!
  10. Abomination713

I would kill them. They are in the way and I guarantee that this is nobodies first game, so everyone should already be familiar with the concept of cap/def, class abilities, an idea of how to do basic things.
  11. daskleineviech

Watch out guys, we've got a badass over here.
    • Up x 1
  12. Jaquio

I'm guessing only child.
    • Up x 1
  13. deaded

+1, what a dork.

If you had problems with the "tactical" choices of your teammates, you can easily check their names and send them a tell. Even use a yell, who cares if nme sees it. Or /re (region).

Theres tons of new players trying out this game these days, you cant expect everyone to know how it works or where to perform optimally at any given time.

Chillax.
  14. Aktarus

[IMG]
  15. Vorenius

I only TK other medics who revive override.
  16. Mooge

While I think the OP is just trolling. I mean Heavy Assaults assaulting a base while using their assault shields, say it ain't so >.< . There are a couple of things in there that keep coming up though:

1) Engineers not dropping ammo.

As an engineer I drop ammo where it is needed but I will be honest I get spammed with calls for ammo constantly, even when I have just dropped a bundle right there on the ground. I have even had requests for ammo while I am repairing a deployed Sundy that is currently taking fire. After a while the constant calls for ammo turn into white noise. My squad gets first dibs on ammo, or if it makes sense to drop it where you are. If you are standing two meters from an ammo pack already you don't need another, sorry.

2) That Sundy in a questionable spot.

Yeah, it can be annoying but through the power of proximity chat you can just ask for it to be moved. You may even get a good reason as to why it is there. I saw a guy last night rage about a Sundy placement only to take his up to where he felt it should be deployed... right under some enemy AT turrets. GG.

But if you prefer to just rage and gun down your own team by all means. Just don't complain that they won't run into battle with you behind them ;)
  17. Noesis

Please ban OP
  18. Akrasjel

People saying that should play EVE
  19. Herbaceous

With a name like the OP has, I suspect there's a troll on the loose. Probably just trying to reinforce his perception of himself.

There's a lot going on in the game when a fight is ensuing. People get nervous and don't think properly. Sure, some people are a little clueless and sometimes (in small cap's) they can hold the majority. But who are we to judge? Most people are just playing to have some fun. It's no-one's right to start team killing just because they believe things should be done differently. Narcissist... much!

What's next OP... A platoon loses a base defense and you step outside in real life and start sniping your neighbours? :p

Sounds like you need to take a little break from PS2 - Before you lose your account that is...
  20. fish998

If you only play engie you might not be aware of this, but the spotting system is really glitchy and as other classes you often end up saying 'I need ammo' when you're trying to spot an enemy vehicle/plane that is nowhere near a friendly engineer. It's quite annoying TBH.
  21. Xasapis

Not exactly glitchy, just trying to be too smart I guess.
    When you press Q:
    • If there is an enemy near the scope, you announce him and highlight
    • If there is noone to spot and you have some ammo deficit and there is an engineer in the vicinity, you ask for ammo
    • If there is noone to spot and you have some ammo deficit, but no engineer is in the vicinity, or they are in a turret, noting happens
    • If there is noone to spot and you have some health deficit and there is a medic around, you ask for healing
    • If there is noone to spot and you have some health deficit but no medic is around nothing happens
    • If you aim at a friendly vehicle and press Q, sometimes it asks for a ride. More often happens to ask for a ride on a friendly liberator at 1000m up the air than on a sunderer 5m away.
    • Sometimes it asks for a ride when targeting an engineer on his turret (my personal funny). Kinky turret time baby!
    And the funniest bit ... equipping a IR scope and go on a infiltrator hunt. Most of them press Q too much for their own good and it's easy to locate the direction of the sound now that I have good 7.1 speakers.
    "How did that filthy hacker found me?"
    "You talk too much"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.