NC needs a buff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dooder, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Ganelon

I did not play PS1 nor do I have much knowledge of it. It may just be the case that your outfit leader got used to the state of balance in PS1 and that threw him all out of whack when PS2's NC have a different playstyle.

P.S. "not being where they intended it to be" does not equal UP.
  2. Pax Empyrean

Seeing as how the math on paper is what the game is looking at, and programs are notoriously literal in their interpretations of what you tell them to do, I'd say the odds of the game producing results contrary to what is in the files to be somewhere between "zero" and "Hahaha, yeah, still zero."
  3. Rendezvous

NC not being where they want to be is already a hint that they'll buff some of our weapons in some way. I don't see how they're going to nerf it anymore.
  4. Rendezvous

So you believe a NPC can copy the way a real person would play a game? Not that I've ever seen.
    Source (video) that the person who wrote down those numbers actually tested it out in game?
    • Up x 1
  5. rumblepit

the fact that the jack hammer has a ttk of ping , the fact that your default bolt has a ttk of ping,the fact that you max has a ttk of ping tells me that tr and vs are in great need of a buff not nc. ttk on the guass and the t9 are almost identical, carbines dead even, medic ar, yours is the best default in the game.

so your saying they need to buff the gauss????? or every weapon??????

i mean really wtttfffff do you guys want???? give all the nc nukes and declare the war over.
  6. Pegasi

He doesn't need to prove anything. You, however, need to prove that NC is unbalanced. You're asking something to be changed, so show us concrete evidence that says "The experience of playing as a New Conglomerate soldier overall is more difficult that the other two empires based on game mechanics, because (Example 1), (Statistic 1), (Quote from the Devs), (Example 2), (Statistic 2), Conclusion.

Otherwise it's just another whining thread and you're not making any points or convincing anyone of anything.
    • Up x 1
  7. Ganelon

Buffing =/= changing.

NPC = AI, and AI is still imperfect, so no.
    Weapon stats =/= AI.

Stop comparing different things.
  8. Rendezvous

Nowhere did I say "buff all our weapons" or mention anything about the SAW. If anything, some of our weapons need a buff, not all, but some. By some, I mean quite a few.
  9. Pax Empyrean

They're extracted from the game files themselves. If you want to dispute that, go ahead. Maybe the Planetside 2 install is just a fake put there to fool us, and the real data is somewhere else. Because that's not stupid at all, right?
  10. Ganelon

Wat.
  11. Rendezvous

I'm not the one who mentioned that "a computer proved that all factions are balanced".
    And by what he said, the NPCs generated the weapon stats.
  12. Ganelon

You don't even know what a NPC is, judging from this post.
  13. Rendezvous

Ik they're. But does that mean they show how the gameplay will be? Just because you get a chart of numbers doesn't mean that it will play out exactly the way it says in game.

Even in Starcraft, even if players compare stats on a paper, some units may be weaker/stronger in actual game.
    • Up x 1
  14. Rendezvous

NPCs are artificial players programmed to do what they're told.
  15. rumblepit

well if the carbines are dead even, and you have the uber medic gun, then i assume you mean the saw....and if i remember correctly you guys have the uper hand on the ttk there aswell. not by much but ....... so whats the problem? guns you bought the the store?
  16. Rendezvous

English is not your first language is it? Read what you highlighted again.
  17. Rendezvous

NC only has one weapon that beats TR in TTK. The rest have a ~2 sec TTK difference.
  18. Rendezvous

I like how it's all TRs that think NC is fine when I bet half of them barely touched NC. Make a NC character, play for a few hours (5 hours) at least, then tell me how you feel.
    • Up x 1
  19. rumblepit

and im the pope....... see i to can state random gibberish ,,,, but with out proof your NOBODY......
  20. Rendezvous

You haven't seen the documents for TTK have you? Since you TRs like to look at stats more because they seem more balanced than they actually play out in game, look up the documents for each faction's TTK.