Refund everyone who bought an AA launcher

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JonniTheJuicyJ, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleBlackRainCloud

Yes I have recieved a "go take a hike kid" speech and was actually laughed at. I don't find it excusable or passable for quality customer service they behaved like a banking institution without concern or any legal obligation whatsoever, the usual denial crapola.

And so by your logic you should just except whatever your handed after you buy a box of goods clearly designed for use but then earmarked for only 1 third of the original use?

Are you kidding me?
  2. SYPHONiCYDE

Right here.
  3. VoidMagic

I did also... I also REALLY REALLY enjoy shoping for PS2 b.s... so I hope they "DO THE RIGHT THING"

My wife has shoes... I have random camo's for my Scythe lol...

This really boils down to SOE has to show us they will treat us like "customers" so we can continue to be "customers".

Not asking for anything outrageous... just if I buy those Nikeys and you make it so I can ONLY use them for basketball... give me my money back man... I bought the Nikey's to jog and play basketball... Im just gonna buy the Aidia's right next to them, chillax, cause if your reasonable Im gonna buy some socks too and that cool lookin head band also... and if you go all super duper lawyer on me... Im just gonna leave and never come back.
    • Up x 1
  4. Moxin

Why a refund, I dont understand how someone could demand this ?

There will be always changes in games with new patches, some adjustments here and there. In other games whole classes get adjusted when players did invest months of gameplay. How can you demand a refund, I cant follow this.
    • Up x 1
  5. Fluff

The only problem I got with the changes is that I use my anti-air missiles launcher as a no-lock ground rocket too... so it might mean that I cannot dual-use it anymore and have to go back to my ground lock for ground targets and that might be a tad complicated.
  6. AtomicGerman

They changed one thing about a rocket to make it fair. And now your hailing it as a bait and switch? The aa dumbfire mode was silly anyway as it throw-away damage to ground assets. If anything the removal of the dumbfire mode is a decent trade for increased targeting range, tracking and projectile speed thats coming in the next patch. Youre doing the wrong kind of protesting bud.
  7. Frigidus

So every time that they nerf/buff a weapon they need to give you a refund? Man, your $10 is going to go a long way, I'm guessing you could eventually try out every weapon in the game with it. You can say that this only applies to weapons with "changed functionality", but that is the most arbitrary line in the sand you could draw. If you're arguing this from a legal standpoint, do you seriously think a judge would give the slightest **** about the difference between a damage or range nerf and the removal of dumbfire capability?

Edit: I like the MOBA comparison. Jesus, how many times have champions been entirely reworked in those games?
  8. Primacy

I would greatly appreciate a refund window, at SOE's discretion, when they make fundamental changes to a purchasable item. I don't expect this and I don't feel wrong or cheated, but this AA rocket change certainly affects my thought process when purchasing items. If in good faith, SOE could provide an automatic interface for partial refunds for these cases, it would definitely increase my confidence.

Edit: Another side note. I want SOE to continue to balance and break/change stuff for the betterment of the game. Providing an interface to alleviate this sort of conflict in the future helps them as much as customers. I'm sure there are round table conversions about how much the players will whine about change xyz.
  9. hostilechild

Actually i would say just the opposite. If they don't refund the SC they are costing themselves money.
    1. If they refund it you spend again (cost to them nothing).
    2. You are happy you will buy more SC to buy more items.
    case in pt (friend had bought 3 items from a bundle 2100sc, talked to SOE and they gave him the entire bundle that cost 2000) He went and bought another $100 worth of SC -
    Happy Customers spend more money

They don't refund the SC
    1. Customers are not happy
    2. Customers lose faith in buying items for a game that was released too soon
    3. Customers stop putting more money into SC or leave completely.

Which scenario costs SOE more money?

There is a saying in business - "Happy customers equal more profit, more profit equal happy share holders, Happy share holders means you keep your job"
    • Up x 2
  10. Arrrr

Reducing splash damage isn't changing functionality.
  11. Frigidus

You think that they would make distinctions like that in a court of law?
  12. revetr

Good GOD. The amount of armchair lawyers there are in here. You want to know what kind of "precedent" this sets? It will make soe reluctant to balance things that need to be balanced. This is absolutely and utterly sad.

This community is spoiled with the amount of dev interaction. You all feel you can muscle your way through each and every grievance using buzz words like "positive community interaction". You know what I think is positive? IF THEY CAN ACTUALLY BALANCE THE WEAPONS.
    • Up x 1
  13. LittleBlackRainCloud

How can you not understand wanting a different product (virtual weapon), when that weapon doesn't function as purchased (more than a 70%change) ?
    Let's say you shell out $7 for a costume change, and they decide your outfit doesn't have enough clown shoe red nose reindeer appeal, so they fix it so you look like a circus clown 70% moreso than what you aestitically bought it for think you would be upset, possibly?
  14. VoidMagic

Good thing this is about the dumbfire mode getting removed from the HA AA rockets then huh...
  15. SolFist

The ToS states:

F.2:
    "You agree that SOE retains the unfettered right to modify its games and all aspects of characters, items, points and coin, including Station Cash (collectively, "Virtual Goods") therein. You acknowledge that SOE has been, is, and will be constantly making changes to its games. You further acknowledge that SOE can and will, in its discretion, modify features, functions or abilities of any element of any of its games or any Virtual Goods (which may, among other things, make the Virtual Goods substantially more valuable, effective or functional, or less valuable, effective or functional, more common or less common, or eliminated entirely). You acknowledge and agree that all Virtual Goods represent a limited license right governed by the terms of this Agreement, and are not redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from SOE at any time."

"YOU PROMISE, THEREFORE, THAT YOU WILL NEVER ASSERT OR BRING ANY... ...CLAIM THAT THE "VALUE" OF ANY VIRTUAL GOODS HAS INCREASED OR DECREASED BY VIRTUE OF ANY GAME MODIFICATION THAT SOE HAS MADE OR WILL MAKE." (Whole paragraph is one big sentence so I'm not pasting it).

The first paragraph states SOE can do what they want with their game. Second states that you won't take court action against them (Though further in the ToS "you" agree to be bound by California / U.S. law if doing so, so I believe laws outside of there have no jurisdiction like the Sale of Goods Act 1979).

Now, I'm not a lawyer, but I am a reasonably educated person. This is business. What it all boils down to is SOE can give a refund if they want. Or they can choose not to. The choice is squarely, 100%, on them and we all have to live with it.

What I do know is that if they refund SC or real money for any item once, it will set a precedent that shows that if people whine about Item X, SOE will refund, and thus when the next change happens people will whine about it and expect a refund, and thus whining/refund becomes the defacto "weapon trial."
  16. MexelVanMexelen

Last night, a Vanguard was harassing us VS at Feldspar Canyon. I tried twice to hit it with AV lock on. Both times the rocket hit the canyon wall next to the tank due to the tight angle. Dumb fire put 2 rockets into him and he moved away.

You can't convince me that not having dumb fire is not a major change to the usefulness of (or, more importantly, the enjoyment I got from) those 2 over-priced POS's that were the lock-on launchers.
  17. Xil

Actually it is. It halves the distance you can be 'off' doubling the chance of failure. If you had a tangible good that had that problem in a batch, there would be a recall in a moment's notice.
  18. Xil

Bah! No one reads those. Contracts, Schmontracts.

:p
  19. Flarestar

You'd have a great point, and I doubt too many would be complaining, if it was indeed buffing range, tracking, and speed all three. Except it's not.
  20. SYPHONiCYDE

Proof. Show us that you received that message from an actual representative and all of your arguments will have more grounds. I will happily "take a hike" out of that argument as well. I find it impossibly hard to believe you were "laughed at". Are you sure you weren't mistaking that with your refund of WarZ?

You also must not get out much.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.