Refund everyone who bought an AA launcher

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JonniTheJuicyJ, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonniTheJuicyJ

As the title says. I think everyone who bought an AA launcher for HA deserves a refund.
    The coming patch changes the role of the AA launcher to a point that I won't ever use it again and I would not have bought it if I had known.
    The gun has no certs to unlock so it would only be fair if you refund everyone their AA launcher and let them choose if they want that gun again, after the patch.

If you expect your playerbase to just roll over every time you nerf a weapon people paid cash for into uselessness then you might as well shut down PS2 right now. This is a very bad start.

If you haven't read it yet you can find the upcoming AA launcher changes here: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...g-adjustments-to-air-vs-ground-balance.60507/
    • Up x 23
  2. Alphablue

Sony can change anything about their game without having to give refunds if they don't want to.

Don't expect any money back.

Read the EULA.

Enjoy your improved G2A missiles.
    • Up x 10
  3. don

And AV!
    • Up x 1
  4. DaninTexas

I bought it. I have also bought a ton of guns I won't ever use. Read the EULA - don't expect or demand a refund when you declined to read the rules of purchase first.

G2A rockets will still rock. IMO they should of never been able to do what they have done to tanks. It should of always been a - choose a role - AA or AT as HA. This once again is coming from someone who owns them both and plays HA about 70% of my time.
    • Up x 6
  5. CaptainRobust

It seems like you're still getting exactly what you paid for. A missile that locks on to air targets.
    • Up x 8
  6. Merdur

7. Fox234

If you thought PS2 was nothing but tank and ESF zergs just wait until everyone is pigeon holed into 1 role and 1 role only.
  8. Jarek

Nope, that's not what the description said. The description specifically said it had a dumb fire mode. So we're no longer getting what we paid for, which is a rocket launcher that has both a dumb fire and air lock on mode.
  9. Kommissar Klose

Also, from the sound of it, the decimator will not be that effective vs. air. The HA AA launcher still fills its role.

I'm guessing the OP was using the launcher as a more pinpoint AT launcher.
  10. Hael

Honestly this seems totally 100% fair. The lock on rockets fire faster, hit harder, and track. Adding a dumb-fire mode simply made them a straight UPGRADE from the default gun, and the PS cert system is supposed to be about choices, not power-ups. Considering the rockets are getting a BUFF (faster reload, faster travel time, bigger range), losing dumb-fire is a completely fair trade and is more true to the spirit of planetside than ever
  11. VoidMagic

Even if you live in the US... no EULA can compel you to remain a customer.

Also write your congressmen/woman bait and switch should not be allowed even in virtual worlds.

It's not good for consumers, it's not good for the companies that want to sell virtual goods either, it's just
    good for lawyers.
    • Up x 1
  12. Aghar30

And here we have another stupid OP who thinks that he can get around EULA by whining.
  13. Stolen_Insanity

You can justify the change all you want, the changes are good but the fact still remains that it is not what I bought it for.
    Read my post, SOE doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to their UK players.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-ha-aa-launcher-has-lost-its-dumb-fire.60852/
  14. Solvite

Is this a joke?

How did they nerf AA rocket launchers? I suppose somehow its not fair that your AA rocket launcher won't do AG? These forums man. Wow.
    • Up x 3
  15. Stolen_Insanity

16. Solvite

• Up x 3
  17. Hael

Doesn't matter. As another poster said in that link, what you "bought" was station cash. At that point, any purchases made using your fake digital money aren't bound by the same laws and regulations that real money have.
    • Up x 3
  18. Kommissar Klose

Thinking on this further.

Personally, I don't see why they can't just refund the SC. SOE doesn't lose their money, and the player still has the same number of credits to upgrade their character with, minus the item has changed.

A full refund though is probably silly. This could possibly be called a bait and switch, but its not like the numbers have seriously changed. And really, they could probably allow a dumbfire mode if they felt legally compelled to do so; just make it so that the dumbfire mode is indeed "dumb" (give it a massive arc, making it nigh useless outside of short range).
    • Up x 3
  19. Hael

It would be good business to refund the SC of anyone who bought those rockets and "remove" the rockets from their inventory so they can re-buy it if they choose. Tribes: Ascend did this when they changed up their class system (we ended up with MORE than a full refund in the end, too).

That being said, they aren't legally bound to do so.
    • Up x 3
  20. Stolen_Insanity

I'm not going to sue them, that would be ********.
    In the UK we have Small Claims Court. It's a s simple as filling out a form and then SOE's lawyers have to deal with it, not the consumer.

It's not 7 dollars either and technically you can claim for your purchase, your electricity bill for time spent on the game, your internet download costs etc.

If I have to fill out 1 form to get around £30-£40 out of SOE, I will.
    Easy win.
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.