Double C4, Anyone bought it?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Rinzler_TR, Dec 4, 2012.

1. japro

It's weird to me why you would even argue which is "better" considering they are doing completely different things. Medkits don't blow up vehicles and MAXes and C4 reduces your survivability if anything... Their use is completely situation/playstyle dependent.
  2. Winterspawn

Actually I don't discuss that. He said the medkits/regenkits shouldn't be used by anyone because they are useless, and I asked him why since I myself get better results with the regenkit. I just want to know why I should pick C4 over a regenkit in any possible situation. Then he started trolling. I know that this is a style dependant choice.
  3. Varamis

I have definitely found 1x C4 to be incredibly useful against MAX units, stationary base guns, and all ground vehicles.

As a lone wolf it is less useful, (killing MAX units and sneaking up on enemies inside stationary guns most of the time, or dropping C4 on objective points and waiting for the enemy to attempt to recap it before clicking the button) but C4 becomes amazing if you're running with a small group that consists of even 1 HA ally.

If you're able to fly/sprint (for those of you with Adrenaline Pumps) or sneak up to an enemy tank or sunderer, your C4 combined with the rocket launcher of your HA buddy can really burst enemy ground vehicles down before they could otherwise drive away or repair the vehicle.

Think outside the box using C4, lore people into tight places where it will be effective. Lots of players will be confident to pursue you inside a building, because they know your biggest strength is your jetpack/mobility. Lots of people fall for this and must get so angry when you're blown up by C4 for chasing you like an idiot :)
  4. PrincessFrosty

I've not bought the 2nd piece yet but I tell you what I've had a LOT of LOL's strapping C4 to the front of my Quad Bike and driving at tanks full speed, jumping out and letting it coast into the tank and then detonating.

It's not always a kill, but followed up by a rocket from the HA class it's quite effective. I can't wait to unlock my 2nd piece!
  5. MykeMichail

2 C4 is good. I managed to drop out of a Galaxy directly on top of an enemy tank, double C4 it. No more tank.

Sunderers you don't instant-kill but you get their health low enough that they will explode if no one repairs them. A single rocket to any part of the sunderer will finish it off.
  6. StrikerKOJ

I know you say "not always a kill", but I assume that is due to only using one C4. Does the C4/Flash bomb in and of itself work reliably? I know in beta the C4 was buggy and would sometimes do no damage. I would be interested in some Flash bombing if its working now.
  7. PrincessFrosty

Yes it's not always a kill because 1x C4 doesn't do enough damage to take out a full health tank, which is reasonable, I'll report back when i've unlocked my 2nd piece. I can't speak for bugs I've not enabled 2x C4 in the game or the beta.
  8. Trenyt

I've got the one stick of C4 at the moment and I will probably stay with that for the time being. Since there is going to be a major look at Light Assault and subsequent patch soon, I don't want to save up and invest another 500 cert points in a second C4 charge only for something new to come out that takes up the utility spot. I only got the first stick because without it Light Assault is a one trick pony.
  9. jak

Taking out Maxes, groups of enemies, turrets, and vehicles. Defending chokepoints. Just to name a couple. It's situational, though. Med/regen kits could be more useful if you couple it with shield regen, but you'd still be pretty easy meat for anything outside of 1v1 scenarios.
  10. Falanin

Question for the guys who have double C4 and underbarrel GL. I know that the underbarrel does a bit of AV damage.

Is it enough to finish off a Sunderer if you've already primed it with 2 bricks of C4?

If so, does it take both grenades?
  11. Kyouki

This is a very good question, i unlocked 2nd brick today however i did not know of GL doing vehicle dmg. i had the perfect opportunity, maybe ill just buy a sunderer and test it 2morrow. If this works its goodbye sunderers!
  12. gunshooter

wish I could've healed myself
  13. Winterspawn

Lol, what a bunch of noobs. Also enjoy those OP rocked pods and IR vision for farming as much as you can before it finally gets nerfed.
  14. Duke-H-

No, underbarrel doesn't do noticable damage to sunderers. I usually use it to kill some of the people around it instead.