Recent Peformance Drop ?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Genetic, Dec 4, 2012.

1. bishopau

SIgned and pic above is happening to me as wel.

Guys on Briggs where complaining last night about the warping and I just thought it was our server again.

Good but bad to know its server wide.
  2. wrongway

Yeah, my performance took a good hit a few days ago as well. The game has ever run amazingly for me, but at least at launch, following some tweaks (read: setting RenderDistance to something reasonable), I could at least get 35, maybe 40 fps in big fights. Now large fights regularly drag me into the mid 20s. :[
  3. CHEF

Just went into a med size battle and my fps dropped to 5 and was killed. Really a pisser when spent couple hundred bucks and the game fails. No multi monitor support as well. Unplayable. Becoming too frustrated with this games many issues. It game was not ready to be accepting peoples monies as am loosing money due to their tech issues. Beta it should have remained until ready for public appearance.:( IMHO
  4. yaos

Today's patch destroyed performance on my computer, even flying through empty areas has frame drop. So in addition to invisible enemies we now get to deal with terrible performance. I don't understand why they release patches in such a broken state, it's quite clear the character screen is broken yet they released the patch any way.
  5. o_oNmKo_o

Same here My game also has the character selection screen bug and I did notice a big drop in FPS. Especially in battles. It was at 28-40 fps before this patch now its pretty much 20-30 and choppy. I cant kill people like this. I also noticed allot of connection lag, enemy ships would be rubberbanding in the sky as well as tanks and players.(AND ITS NOT MY CONNECTION TRUST ME IM A NETWORK TECH.)
  6. deathTouch

Finally tweaked game to a semi-playable state only to have the recent patch drop my large-battle framerate by more than 50%. Currently getting 7-8 frames in large battles. So frustrating.
    • Up x 1
  7. Vorenius

I was already on the minimum Frames Per Second around 15 in big battles, now I am under that, it's not even playable anymore..
  8. OldMaster80

HOLY GOD THANKS! I thougth I was the only one experiencing this kind of issues. I've also uninstalled PS2, launcher and Steam and I'm reinstalling again.
    Worst performance ever for me: low frame rate and very low response time with mouse buttons which makes impossible to shoot anything.
  9. XxAirborn3xX

Word!
  10. xpsyclosarinx

Yep, getting FPS drops and the same Menu problem as well.

Not to mention at totally random time the game will just pack itself and go between 0-5 FPS for about a minute or two..... then go back up to 25-40
  11. Hashlak

Its soooo annoying that they release a small patch and screw everything up. Menu becomes broken, fps gets absolutley F***** ! What the hell is going on at SOE headquarters ?? seriously do you need like new people or funding or something ? Its starting to get redicuous now..

I think we should all stop playing and paying until they sort all this bull$**** out !
  12. bylXaKoCMaTa

Last night after the patch delete the game, I see no reason to waste my nerves with a game that is not even in beta stage.When fix fps, fix the balance between classes , balance between vehicles , fix cheaters with aimbot-speedhack then play again
  13. L33T-T3CH

there were a large number of complaints about the end of the beta being rushed we were pretty happy about game play but felt there were to many bugs left in game that the devs hadn't addressed yet. but some times in the gaming industry you have x amount of funds to go on. and sure you can try to nickle and dime your backers for as long as you can but that just make it harder for you when you do release your game and it takes 2 years to pay back the debt. so you have to judge when a good time to release is based on fudding and progress considering game play was worked out and they did have Most of the major bugs at that time (note every patch can bring more and worse bugs into the game)
    • Up x 1
  14. disky00

THIS. I just upgraded to a new system and I thought it had something to do with my configuration. I've tried everything, so thank you for confirming that I am not losing my mind.

Also, after all of my improvements, I'm not seeing any increase in performance over my four year old system at all.. I'm assuming it's just the patch, but it's still pretty disappointing since I spent $700 to upgrade for PS2 for nothing.
  15. Hashlak

Yea, i mean we should all just go on strike and not play this game anymore until they fix it..

Probably the worst ever customer service.. And the devs reply to the most stupid of threads but they dont even look at the main ones like this.. No response from them regarding the latest screw-up..
  16. AltMelodium

Since none of the "powers that be" have replied to this topic, I assume they either don't know or are already working on it.
  17. OldMaster80

You don't need to quit playing: you just need to quit paying, that's more than enough give SOE a strong signal of disappointment.
    Personally I've unsubscribed until they get performance to the level I expect from a good machine such mine is. There's no point in paying for something that is not working at an acceptable level.
  18. dirtYbird

If they "improve performance" any more we'll be fighting each other with sticks, 10 v 10.
    The rendering cannot get much worse atm.
  19. OldMaster80

Smedley twitted they have a big performance patch almost ready. Let's keep our fingers crossed!!! :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  20. Crusha K. Rool

You do realize that in an F2P game, even non-paying customers are still a gain for the developers because those players provide the "manpower" in the game to keep the paying customers interested? Sure, once a very large majority would stop paying, they would get impacted by that as well. But until then, they couldn't care less about a few guys that stop paying but keep playing.
    • Up x 1