Double C4, Anyone bought it?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Rinzler_TR, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Rinzler_TR

I'm curious if anyone that's bought both have found it to be worth the cost or not.

I bought the 2nd a few days ago and I'm a little underwhelmed for 500 certs. I assumed (or at least hoped) that using both would splode a Sunderer but that doesn't seem to be the case. Anyone else had more luck with this?
  2. UberBonisseur

It's definitely worth the cost

But it's also clearly too expensive on both certs and resources
    • Up x 1
  3. gunshooter

Yes.

Why not get it? It doesn't take up the slot of anything else. With 2 c4 you can kill MBT's and Lightnings by yourself, and you have an extra c4 to drop in whatever situation you might need it for, ie: flying over infantry clumps, baiting people around corners, killing MAXes, etc etc. It can't kill sunderers on its own, but it does about 95% of their hp, so if they're even a little damage they will kill it.

It pretty much can't ever be a waste regardless, since you're using c4 anyway. I've played about 10 hours of LA, and I already have 130 C4 kills. That's as much kills as I have with frag grenades total across all my classes.
  4. Purple

it will pay for itsslef.
  5. KodiakX

I was pretty disappointed with the Sunderer part as well but I guess I can somewhat understand it. Having a huge number of kamikaze LA's dropping C-4 all over the place may be a bit much. It can still happen, but requires coordination now instead of just 1 random guy.

It is nice I can blow up any other vehicle however such as MBTs.
  6. Jac70

I'm saving certs to get the second C4 pack but I would like to know if you can deploy both packs at the same time. For example place 2 packs on an MBT.
  7. Trysaeder

Worth changes with your expectations and situations. Sometimes I'd like to pay 50, others I'd pay 1000.

C4 will not pay itself off within a reasonable amount of time. The first rank requires 50k XP to obtain, which will take you a ridiculous amount of time to farm with ONLY C4. 175k for both ranks is a huge amount, so I would say that it's not 'worth it' in the economic sense.

When you consider the benefits of having C4, or any other gadget that is bought with certs, EVERYTHING the gadget can do should be taken into account. Hell, I bought proxi mines today just for the lol factor.

The most important thing is not to regret your purchase. It cannot be undone, so make the best of it; it's pretty awesome.

Yes you can. right click right click left click
  8. Krona

Bought it on day 2.

Needed to play LA.
  9. Kon

from what i understand c4 is broken again, they fix it they hotfix it breaks again, but i suppose it will be fixed

10. StrikerKOJ

Yes you can. Very effective to sneak up behind a tank and drop 2 C4 on his ***.

On the subject of C4 and Light Assault, I purchased two C4 on my Medic first, before I purchased the C4 for the LA. However, even with only 1 point in C4 on the LA, I am able to use two C4. Anyone else have this "problem"?
  11. Blitzer

Does C4 ever lead to situations where you blow something up and get multikill thinking "this is the best thing ever!"? Absolutely.
    Is it overall better choice than medical kit for the same slot? Not even close (not to mention medical kit applies to all to all classes while you need to buy it only once and MK is very useful on light assault, heavy assault and infiltrator as it increases your overall survivalbility noticeably).

So if you want to want to have explosions no matter what and are sort of speculating C4 will get some sort of buff in the near future. Then get the two bricks (as only one brick is close to worthless).

If you want performance and bang for your certs right now or simply don't see C4 getting brought up to lvl, definitely get medical kits instead.
  12. Dezrik

I don't know about C4s but when i bought a medpack for one class, it could use it with another class as well ie. I bought a medpack on my LA and equipped it on my HA.

EDIT: Nvm, above poster cleared this up.
  13. Winterspawn

It takes up the slot of a medkit/restoration kit, which can be more usefull depending on your style.
  14. Appleheart

So very much this.

You can of course play the LA as a suicidal nutter with a shotgun and C4, but you will in the longer run end up having better success with a carbine and medkits and being a more cautious harasser. This will also cost you significantly less certs. Sadly.

Higby did recently mention wanting to provide some buffs to the LA class, and the single buff I think I'd want the most for us is the ability to equip medkits and C4 at the same time. At the moment having to chose between the two feels like a big detriment to the class, regardless of which of the two you end up choosing for your own preferred playstyle. This would especially be true if, as many people have suggested by now, LA would use a class item that allows dropping C4 without being actual C4, in the sense of not needing infantry resources for them. But that is a bit wishful thinking. ;)

In the meantime, more people should be vocal about the need for being able to use medkits and C4 at the same time as LA.
  15. Achmed20

i wont bed on it isnce medics and engies have c4 too.
  16. MarlboroMan-E

One C4 is good, two is better, but not better enough for me have bought it yet. Br24 I find those 500 certs will get me more effectiveness in other places, but will be buying it later. Not sure how much later.
  17. Vile7

If you used C4 significantly before the upgrade then it will be worth it.

For me the drive to get the upgrade was the too many occurances of running into enemy vehicles I couldn't do much about because one C4 didn't do the job. Two C4 kills most (not all) ground vehicles from my experience.
  18. Eziel

Plant c4 at capture points if you're defending briefly and get a nice 2+ kills when you see they are sitting on it =)
  19. willowphile

I'm still on the wall about even buying the first cert. Everyone says how amazing it is and that it pays for itself...yet my entire time playing this game I have yet to see it be used to any effictiveness at all either by my own side, or an enemy faction. Not once have I ever seen someone "sneak" up on a tank or sunderer to blow it up outside of an infiltrator. And even then I've never seen them plant it before they get turned to dust by enemy fire.
  20. Eziel

@whillowphile I think the best situations are when you have buildings or terrain for hovering on your side. Jetpack/drift between two points and drop mid flight, then get to the next height point and detonate. I have had times I run jetpack over drop C4 get to next height and detonate as well. You have to use it VERY sparingly in certain situations. I won't use my c4 on a sunder unless there are friendly mech/HA around or if the sunder is at 35% or less and I can get the kill.