Skilless Instantkill Claymores and n00btubes/Rockets are going to turn PS2 Skill FPS into COD/Campin

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ImGladUmad, Nov 27, 2012.

1. ImGladUmad

Im already seeing the beginning stages of this...

It wasn't long for people to figure out that you don't need to be the best in shooting or need much skill.

First of all, the gunplay in Planetside 2 requires some sort of skill....Either it be a Sniper or meduim range or hipfire...It requires skill to Aim and keep control of the gun. inb4 somebody says is not that hard.

It might not be the most skillful game in the world but it does require skill....When I get killed by a Sniper, is cool because I know that he had the skill to kill me.

Now here is how Claymores/n00btubes/rockets are ruining and are going to completely ruin the game.

1st Claymores/Bouncing betties/Proximity mines.....They are Insntat Skilless Kills....

These take absolutely 0 skill to use, u just place it and you will get an instant kill...At least from my experience, they are pretty much instant, no time to run or anything.....This is going to encourage camping, people are going to sit in corners with this, is going to turn into COD.

Now so some you are going to say, well just be more careful...Have you seen the low ttk and fast paceness of this game...You can't slow down or else u die.

My solution: Put a nice delay on Bouncing betties and don't make them instant kill...Make them cost more..Or just take them off the game, I know people will mention how it wouldn't make sense to not have them but this is for the skill/fun of the game.....Is not fun to run around and get instant kill by a thing in the ground, it is fun to have gun fights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd n00b Tubes/ Instantkill Rocket Launcher against Infantry.....Ruins the fun of gun fights where people have to control their weapon.

This just destroys the fun of the gun combat......Right now we are seeing people running around with rocket launchers because they suck using guns, is sad that they people miss 95% of the time but is even more sad that these rockets can kill a person

Then theirs theirs the n00b tubes that I have been beggining to see, now people are running around using this!.

Solution: Don't make Rockets Instant kill people or do huge damage.....Or n00b tube grenades instant kill people or do huge damage

I know some people are gonna "it doesn't make sense that rockets don't kill people"...Sorry this isn't a realistic game...This is a fun game.....Rockets/n00b tube ruins the skill/fun in the game

The future for this game is COD Death Match...People planting Claymores/Bouncing betties everywhere getting instant skilless Kills.....People running around n00b tubing/using rockets against infatry...SOE can still stop this before it ruins the Ps2 skill twitch gameplay!
    • Up x 1
  2. Rivenshield

Good God, I'd sage this if I could. Get rid of the big freaking multi-color text and maybe I'll read it. Your post looks like it has malaria and elephantisis both.
    • Up x 35
  3. Richardsonnn

In my months of playing this game, I've never been killed by a mine or bouncing betty. I've been killed by rockets as infantry, but only when the person aims the rocket well enough that I practically swallow it.
    • Up x 10
  4. ImGladUmad

I have been killed once in a while...I been playing since august....

But like I said Im starting to see the beggining problems...Trust me, people are gonna figure it out that is an easy instant skilless kill...Is gonna happen.

As for rockets, is quite easy to kill peple with it...If you know where a majority of the players are just shoot it at that place and it will probably hit somebody directly and instant kill em.
  5. Flarestar

This. Overuse of color/font/emphasis just makes me want to stab you in the eye, not read your post.

To contribute - I came in to see if it was baseless whining, and was correct in my assumption that it was.
    • Up x 8
  6. ImGladUmad

Typical guy who runs around with a rocket launcher using it against infantry.
  7. Cross

So I need to ask the question... are bounding betties supposed to be invisible? Because that's the main reason they get me.

I see someone place one, then it turns completely invisible. It didn't do this at first in beta.
  8. BadLlama

Hahaha jesus man, I got to say man your post are always amusingly colorful. I may read whatever you said eventually.
  9. QuantumMechanic

Holy ****e, you mean to tell me this game is going to encourage camping??? Personally I always run and gun around like a chicken with it's head cut off when I'm defending a base.
  10. Sephuku

What are you talking about? The game is already Call of Duty in space.
  11. DiabloMuerto

The scale of the game pretty much negates this possibility. I've been killed exactly twice by grenade launchers, once by C4 and never by a claymore or land mine, a couple times by rocket launchers but that's b/c there are soooo many heavy assaults. The only time I ever see anyone trying to use the C4 is when you get that spawn room camp going where the team in the spawn starts shooting through the safety shield. I've noticed C4 is a good way to kill the people at the door so I've seen some people start using that strategy but in that scenario it's a practical thing to do.

Far as noobtubes and rocket launchers their limited ammo and reload time pretty much limits them. In the time it takes to line up a good shot with a RL is more than enough time to kill the guy. Is it going to happen where they some times will get a few good kills that way...sure but that's not a viable playstyle and if I had to choose one weapon for fighting infantry I would certainly take my LMG over my rocket launcher.
  12. ImGladUmad

So far the scale doesn't know about these easy skill less kills trust me, once they figure it out...is going to ruin the game.
  13. ImGladUmad

Kind of but I dont want the Claymore/N00b tubes/Rockets against infantry on this game.
  14. Flarestar

Even if I did do that (which I don't, I prefer LA/Engi/Infil over HA), the fact that you think HAs throwing rockets at infantry is a problem just tells me you fail utterly at this game.
    • Up x 1
  15. ImGladUmad

Look at my stats, prepare to be jelly.
  16. ErrantPilot34

*Sigh* As I've posted before on these oh-so-wonderful forums...'CAMPING' IS NOT BAD IT'S A LEGITIMATE STRATEGY...

I'll give an example in this thread's context...

I put down a claymore and go and hide in a nearby bush...not because I'm a "HURR DURR CAMERZ !!!!!1!1!" but because I want my explosive charge to go off as a suppressor to nearby enemies (say 5 guys come running in a group and the first one set's it off) it'll kill him, stun the other 4...I just set up a kill zone of 5 enemies all by myself which can help my team by locking down an area (if its in a corridor) or just reducing the number of enemies in that area at that time...
    • Up x 1
  17. Flarestar

Even if I cared to look at your stats, they're meaningless. One of the guys I work with is currently 1050 and 30 as a result of doing nothing but Liberator gunning from max altitude and farming kills from inside spawn rooms during base defense. Again, the fact that you think HAs throwing rockets at infantry is a problem tells me you fail utterly at this game.
  18. Freyar

I've always hated mines and things like that. If you want the kills, you need to be up there.
  19. PanzerGoddess

you are wrong....this goes way beyond that lol. my eyes OH MY EYES THEY HURT!!!!:eek:
  20. Goats

I don't get why these don't require skill. With a mine, you need tactical skill, because you need to place it somewhere where people will go, and not see it. With a rocket or grenade launcher, you need to be considerably skilled to hit someone at medium ranges, considering the slow travel time of the projectile. It's considerably harder to kill someone with one of those, unless you're in close quarters, where it requires no more skill than spraying your gun, except it's still easier to miss. I know getting killed by that can be frustrating, but that doesn't mean it's actually a valid tactic.
    • Up x 2