Bolt Action Rifles=Garbage? as time goes on?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by McFly, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McFly

Well I have 1 question. What's the point of using a bolt action rifle if you can't even kill someone at point blank with a headshot?

Well you can't, if your target has nanoweave armor. As time goes on, more and more people will get nano weave armor, it's a simple fact not a complex math limit question. This will render all bolt action rifles useless. YES THIS INCLUDES THE LA-80 1000Cert NC BOLT-ACTION sniper rifle.

So Wtf? We are going to not see snipers in the future? Is that how the game is going to play out?

P.S. don't give me the "oh your class title is "infiltrator"" kind of crap.
  2. Garrett

What level of nanoweave armor do you need to survive a headshot?
  3. SilentTR

why you sound like you complain about the 1000 certs? it's a free game and you have the choice to buy into certain aspects to maximize your experience. i only use bolt actions, im going to hit my target, and the rapidly moving ones arent my targets usually - theres a pearl of wisdom hidden in there. if im going to hit, i want the most damage, best range, least bullet drop; but that's just me.
  4. Executioner Smough

I would like clinical evidence that any level of nanoweave on any class (besides MAX) can survive a headshot from a SR-7, LA-80, or other such weapon.
  5. Canaan

Nanoweave (If any rank) shouldn't be stopping your headshots.

1) Are you positive that you saw the impact on whoever you shot's head, and not his shoulder or upper chest? (A mistake I've made)

2) How did you know the other person has nanoweave?
  6. JesNC

According to the beta weapons chart by Thorbinator, all bolt-action rifles deal 750 damage.

Headshot multiplier is 2.

A player with Nanoweave 5 has 1125 hp (500 shield + 625 (500x1.25) health).

Do the math ^^

I have yet to encounter someone who didn't die to a well placed bolt round to the head.
  7. Echra

I've shot people to where it does all but a sliver of health, and they just spawned so it isn't that they were previously injured. I've also been shot to a single HP bar (when using a class equipped with Nanoweave 2) So i'm not entirely sure what it is, but something like that DOES happen. Either a critical non-headshot, or a headshot that is survived by nanoweave.
  8. KorJax

Bolt actions aren't that great only because they are useless against moving targets and targets in close range thanks to the terribly un-natural and jittery movements of troops, but they should still always kill on a headshot no matter what, which is their plus. If you use a bolt action to primarily take out stationary targets, its great at it if the luck of the aim/recoil is in your favor.

I personally prefer semi-auto though, just because its useful in more situations and my TTK is still less than 1-2 seconds especially if I hit the head (while bolt actions are ONLY useful if you hit the head).
  9. Ghostfox

Nah, bolt drivers arn't useless. Nanoweave isn't that powerful...(it works out to one extra shots for most weapons, no effect for the BD).

Also, bolt drivers are harder to use against moving targets but aren't useless against them. It is a matter of getting used to the lead time. I've nailed a few headshots against moving targets, particularly those going perpendicular, at extreme ranges(using a 12x scope and the LA-80). Most people don't properly take their time on their shots.. hence why they miss.
  10. McFly

It has been like this since Beta. In beta people with nanoweaver Lvl 3 could stop a bolt action headshot. Don't know the level needed now.
  11. Ghostfox

Practical experience says otherwise. The only class that I've seen that is capable of absorbing more than one BD headshot is a maxed out HA.
  12. McFly

dude trust me, im not complaining how i can't hit ****. I can hit a moving target at 30fps from 100m away blind folded. Well maybe not blind folded. But remember you are cocking between each shot. DPS wise, I would choose a semi to do the job
  13. McFly

Nail more headshots then. Oh wait you can't
  14. Echra

I can't take out 5 targets in about 20seconds with a semi auto though, they both have their pros and cons. Yes i've actually hit 5 for 5, with 2~4 seconds between the gun cocking and rescope+breathing. It's rare that you get the opportunity to do things like that, but bolt rifles are not useless at all.
  15. McFly

Alright why dont you cert into nanoweaver, max it out. and i will shoot your face with a bolt-action. we will see if you live.

Also if you have nail enough headshots with bolt-action, then you would know what i am talking about
  16. McFly

Really duude? because cocking+rescope+breath steady is at least 1.2 seconds
  17. alphaCastiel

Tried it on a friendly. Headshot one-shotted an engineer with max'd Nanoweave.
    Pretty sure BAs are fine.
  18. Flarestar

Most classes can survive it if the shooter is Vanu and at extreme range due to the damage reduction at range. Those situations are very rare though, due to the infantry distance rendering mechanics - most of the time if you're at long enough range for the damage reduction to take effect you're too far out for them the render.
  19. SJ_Wolf

You hit the neck, the game is fine. Deal With it. :cool:
  20. Ghostfox

Actually I can and I am completely fine with it as it is right now. Nanoweave is a non-issue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.