General discussion about faction balance.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SKeL, Mar 28, 2019.

1. SKeL

For putting in with a lot of stress and struggle as TR cause the DBG decided to nerf our Vulcan from max damage range 50m > 10m when they could´ve just placed it into 35m in the middle, not make it utterly useless.

NC and VS factions are way too over powered and thanks to that, both of the faction people are way too cocky and just ruins the fun to play PS2 anymore.

For instance, NC whines and ******* how weak the vanguards are or their weapons and so on, when, those things are just OP af, I mean, vanguard is the most tankiest tank in the game and if run with the grenade, it can shred any other tank on 1v1 like it´s nothing. Infantry weapons deal way too high ammount of damage and they have too great of point blank shots with very, very low recoil. It´s like they don´t have any downsides at all.Their max´s nerf was the best decision they made, now people who fight the NC can actually go to the point instead of being scared behind a wall to get insta killed by them.

Now VS, this faction is way too over powered, I mean, it has like 0 bullet drop + 0 recoil, just aim and fire, fire rate is too high for this faction, damage output is high too, it´s like TR and NC had a baby by a mistake.

I don´t know many of their weapons but I´ve faced them and they deal too much damage, I can´t even land a shot before a guy just turnes around and insta kills me.

When NC and VS complain that they are losing players overtime duo to "nerfs" which is false, they leave because they can´t kill people easy anymore and farm. TR is the only faction that currently is losing a lot of players and gets harassed absolutely all the time by 2 factions. I´ve been on trough out many servers and All I constantly see is that there are fights against VS and NC by over 96+ on many areas while the NC vs VS is around mostly 24-48, rarely see 96 or even 96+ fights there.

For the past couple of days, time has shown how the VS just takes what they want or the NC by not even trying that hard cause the weapons and tanks deal more damage.

Speaking of tanks, lightnings are waaay to powerful for something called a light tank, I mean, AP deals 700 damage just like pretty much a main battle tank. and if properly used, can kill a prowler/vanguard or even a magrider like it´s absolutely nothing.

Now, I´m not saying that go nerf the VS and NC hard, just Devs should and please LISTEN to players. There´s a difference if you just hear it.

TR needs it´s damage back, our weapons may have the high fire rate but it doesn´t mean you can just nerf our stuff to the ground cause VS and NC are, literally, ******** about it.

TR is all about mag size, fire rate and reload speed + velocity speed is high too. So, don´t change it, give our Vulcan the velocity back and put the max damage to 35m from 10m, cause, TR vulcan used to be The Best Harasser Gun in game, TR used to do a lot of harasser squads with them, now, nobody wants to use it cause even a AP lightning shot first rounds from behind can mess harasser up from front like it´s nothing thanks to 10m max damage distance.

I´ve been telling my friends and people agree that if this **** keeps happening, TR soon will be a ghost faction cause our stuff gets most of the nerfs all the time. Like it´s not enough that we can barely win any continent in like 2/8 times while other factions can always just go for 6-7/8 with higher chanes,
    The only times TR win is cause NC and VS mains have TR accounts and when they get bored, they jump to TR which is not fair at all.

I´m just one of those players who has enough of getting bullied by cocky, arrogant kids who say that their stuff is better than TR and how weak TR is. Just, tired of this ****. If no fixes and changes are coming like that, TR will get lower and lower by a minute.
    • Up x 1
  2. MUTALISKUS

what server are you from? we on miller everything is fine. but to attract a lot of players you need 11 dx and good optimization. Many do not play because of lags it is very difficult for schoolchildren to understand what force is. Tr and what is loyalty. So they just play

in the game itself has fallen heavily online. half a year ago he was 6000
    • Up x 1
  3. SKeL

I´m from all servers, mainly Emerald.

Miller is known to be calm, but Emerald, not really no. I know all about the optimisations and such what´s wrong with PS2, nothing´s new.
  4. MUTALISKUS

Maybe is a true maybe are not.but Emerald.is american server.and they.more like playNc and Vs.They think.Tr its some communistos I play Tr always im loyality until dead.
  5. PlanetBound

The times I am on Emerald, NC rarely has as many people as TR or VS. The pattern I've noticed is a lot of players try to predict which faction will be victorious and switch.
  6. DIGGSAN0

Is that seriously a TR whine Thread?

The Faction with:
    The best ESF
    The best MBT
    The best Pistols

?
    • Up x 2
  7. Campagne

The amount of factual inaccuracies in this post is staggering.
    • Up x 7
  8. Liewec123

No clearly it's a discussion about general balance! :p

On PTS prowler is even being given a deploy shield like sunderers have,
    For ESF i'd agree that banshee is easily the best A2G farmer of the 3, the range of PPA with the dmg of Airhammer.
    TR also have the absolute best nanite-free AA option in the game as a TR exclusive ;)
    You also forgot Vulcan harassers, the best empire specific harasser.
    And from what I hear about the new carbines Kindred seems to be the best of the 3,
    with people calling it a straight upgrade to the old favourite TR carbines,
    Like a lynx with shockingly good accuracy even at long range.
    • Up x 1
  9. Eternaloptimist

I assume OP's rant is intended to provoke a general discussion without actually raising a discussion point itself. I suspect it will just attract a lot of specific criticism about a number of the apparently unsubstantiated claims it makes rather than getting a balanced response (oh, did I mention balance there? sorry)

I play on Miller during late afternoons and day time weekends. TR is certainly not getting owned or outfought at those times, other than when numbers or skills of VS/NC players are better than those of TR.

I've been playing TR a lot recently but I also have mid-level BR toons on the other factions and they have different weapon characteristics. All factions have weapons I cannot get results with - and weapons that I can use effectively.

I confess I know little of tanks and other vehicles as I now play infantry exclusively, only occasionally jumping into a gunner seat on a vehicle. So I will not comment on Vanguard or Vulcan mentioned by the OP.

But I can confirm that VS infantry weapons have recoil plus bloom and and are not "point and click" in my experience. At the same time NC weapons hit hard but only if you can hit in the first place as several of them have low RoF plus high recoil. I use a lot of TR weapons across classes and I get on particularly well with them. But then I have finally mastered recoil management and burst firing (particularly good techniques for high RoF weapons in my experience).

I generally don't have a problem with any faction infantry weapons, subject to two factors - choosing the right weapon (and attachments) for the engagement and using it at the right range. Picking the right time to fight and the right time to run away and hide is also a not-inconsiderable factor in my case.

I suggest, as a matter for general discussion no less ;), that if a faction is getting regularly outplayed it is most likely by fighting impossible odds, choosing the wrong tactics, using the wrong weapons or using them in the wrong way - and not due to any general imbalance between the weapons of one faction or another.
  10. MUTALISKUS

it's so stupid. change faction. in time of alarm. who will win !!! not adult
  11. ArtyIsBalanced

Just reffering to your account creation date and what you talk I would just consider you to be a fairly new player. My account is just 1 month older than yours, but its my 2nd account, I play since late 2015. So let me tell you one thing: I have played every faction in this game, and I never felt too weak. The reason that youre instakilled, means nothing more, than the guy who shot you had 3 clean headshots. If you go for damage per shot, NC is the best btw. TR damage was never their strength always was the firerate. Also the vulcan nerf was just right, it was too strong before, could kill a Sunderer within 15 seconds, thats to good.
    Basically, I can barely find a thing in your text thats correct, you just seem like a newbee just whining about how unbalanced the game is, just because he doesnt understand it.
  12. SKeL

I´ve been playing this over almost 40d now. I´m not whining about anything, what´s your deal? I´m just saying my own opinion what´s frustating because it´s true, I never said it is a known fact.
  13. MUTALISKUS

tr died on miller.too !!! hike the game will die soon !!
  14. ArtyIsBalanced

You're whining, because you complain about one faction being weak, complete nonsense. Factions aren't weak, they all have their treats or whatever makes them special and unique. Weapons or vehicles may be unbalanced, but not factions... Also you complain about POP imbalance but instead of bringing up ideas to improve ****, only thing you do is complain. Thats what people call WHINING.
    Just do it like everybody in this game, do one account for each server and just switch to whatever faction you like
  15. Cymoril

The problem with the high ROF guns is the hit reg shows you hit them (body, head w/e) then they turn and 1-2 shot you with their guns. I gave up on Lynx along time ago. I gave up on infantry play for this reason. No matter what I have and in what situation 3/4 infantry fights I lose. If I have advantage and surprise and go for head, body they turn and 1-2 shot me. Game is trash for infantry play unless your on a hill sniping.

16. Cymoril

Population suggestion-

What they need to do with their engine is (if they can do it) if 15 NC are in air in a hex, and 3 tanks or a sunder are then infantry/armor get an absorption buff for a % in that hex until the overpop of the vehicles evens out. This needs to reflect on the health of the vehicle/infantry.

If they can't do that- then possibly the same idea however if 300 NC are online and qued, 200 Vs and 225 TR then VS and TR will have a added health bonus until things even out. If it doesn't then after each respawn the game checks for the absorption buff. The only thing I see a problem will be if "heavies with shield" have more health than a vehicle after the lastest bright idea nerf to land vehicles. Meanwhile we only get guns that run off Air. Meanwhile air farms kills with theirs. (this is why I don't sub anymore and you've lost my wallet- poor balance( I can't blame Wrel for that one that was done long before he became a dev)

At some point the many log off the 1 faction and swap to the others for a better gaming experience. The problem is so are alot of other people and this imbalances things a bit. Granted this is a half ***** mmo, and this was the norm when playing Dark Age of Camelot. They offered a timer to switch at one point, then offered better xp for the underpop. The underpop xp bonus isn't worth it. For example when someone drops 96 on a 1-12 base. Those 1-12 guys aren't going to kill too much and probably won't push off the 96. They'll try to leave the spawn room a few times and insta gib then just sit in there til the timer runs out.

Timer suggestion-

Is there a way when lets say a timer is on 7 mins and there is 20 guys in the spawn room that the timer can speed up if no one leaves the spawn room within a certain amount of time ? If that wasn't clear, all points are covered by NC (pop dump) and they have pushed the TR into a spawn room.(12) Why should the pop dump guys have to wait 7 mins for the 12 to sit in the spawn room til the last 15s?
    There should be a "death counter" outside the spawn room and if it isn't met then the timer moves faster as a penalty for the defenders for not leaving and trying to recapture.

DB Air Balance -

My last suggestion that I noticed is the Wyrm is supposed to be a flak cannon that destroys galaxies yet it rips up tanks and vehicles.

The problem I have with it is my max's flak/bursters don't harm MBT tanks, or Sunders, or lightnings. Was this overlooked or a typical "DB Balance"? Air has enough weapons to melt vehicles, they really didn't need 1 more !? Is this just another balance leaning towards air like you used to do with PS1 ? I get the feeling balance only applies to everything but air. The word "deterrent" has been worn out for too many years vs air and yet farming from air to ground is A okay. When is ground going to catch up ?
    Are you just nerfing vehicles so badly you'll just call PS2 Arena after DX11 and relabel/brand it after the dx11 update?
  17. Wolfborne

Ok.

Totally contradicted yourself. Just saying.
  18. FredM

Well, pink is also not a popular color in the US, except you are a ladyboy - or something other. Blue are the smurfs. But back to topic, I think VS/ NC are OP. Faction balance would be nice so we can count on it to have equal population, sort of.
  19. Concussion

Always the same bla bla from NC and VS. Everyone knows that VS have no bullet drop and flying tanks and NC totally overpowered everything.

This is not about whining, it's the face the facts thread !
    Seriously, when was the last time you've played TR ?
    Or have you played TR at all before being the big mouth here ?
  20. Concussion

BTW i always hear the discussion being draged into a "on which server are you playing" direction.
    WRONG! This is a faction and balance discussion and to be honest since the first versions ONLY TR have been constantly nerfed.
    This goes for all servers. With on top we got the oportunits who give a sh*t about fair play, these people simply switch characters to cash in on the alerts for the sake of upping their free characters... and everything goes down the toilet