[Vehicle] Balance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SuzukiSatoru, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Pacster3

Again. I do not care if you like lasher. Face me with it and you are dead. Simple as that. It's a toy you can use to guard doors(get your weapons locked along the way) and hope for enemies to run from you...if they are experienced tho then you gonna die without any doubt.
    If a handgun is strong then players gonna use it. If it's fun and unique on top of it(and the lasher is that) then it would be ALL over the place. What do we see on live servers? It's simply too niche to work.

You really show a stupid signature of a MAX dying to C4 and want to prove something with it? What exactly? That even imba instagibbing NC MAXes can not run around completely blind and without situational awareness? Care to tell me what that C4-fairy(I guess that's what it was) would have done if that MAX would have had ordnance amor? Die?

Again, I just don't care for your infinite ammo and no reload. We pay for that with tiny magazines that basicly force us to stop shooting much sooner than TR or NC would...or run into the same reload just much faster. Reload forces you to not be able to shoot, cooldown either makes you not shoot or forces you into reload much sooner. Where is your huge advantage? And how often do you run out of ammo if you are not shooting at construction modules? Maybe you should get better at ammo management? You know how many people you can kill with the ammo a normal weapon got? Way, way, way beyond your KDR(actually even beyond the KDR of blatant cheaters). You call something a huge advantage which in reality does not matter....while NC MAXes killing C4 fairies or heavies before they can even do any damage is a very, very real thing on live servers. You may feel better with the Obelisk not worrying about ammo while having to worry about cooldown nonstop(cause you run into it after 6 shots)....but I hardly ever ran out of ammo with the Eidolon and if I overextend and have to reload during a fight then I'm 100% sure that I would have been forced into a hard cooldown with the Obelisk a lot sooner. A situation where you shoot 5 bullets, then have a short break, do the same again, and again...while never ever having the time for a full reload...well...how often does that happen in reality?
  2. TR5L4Y3R

can maxes survive one brick with ordinance armor? under what weaponcaterory does c4 fall?
  3. pnkdth

Most people here do not really know how to check their faction bias at the door.

Pacster3 does have an inkling of a point though, the fact VS have certain unique traits does not mean anything by itself. I could list off NC as having the largest possible health on an MBT, Vehicle shotguns, uniquely powerful NC MAX, only faction with 200 damage infantry weapons. The NC MAX is a touchy subject for even hinting it is performing really well, as is, will summon a raging storm of rants about X or Y reasons why the NC MAX is good/bad and if the same people engaging in that discussion deals with a subject matter of another faction suddenly the stats speak for themselves (despite being incomplete in the previous one).

I don't know how to fix this. Every single thread seems to be an echo of the same discussion. Every time we mention ANYTHING positive the faction it pertains to feels a compulsion to defend themselves no matter what. Even when it is presented in the manner you do, that you're not saying it is OP or you want it to be nerfed.

My current approach is just "f*** it" and play the game. I'm just going to assume the devs sit on a wealth of data we do not even have access to and have fun with what I've got. For example, we lack contextualization... But we sure do have a lot of general data and stats to which we make all kinds of assumptions.

We're all wolves, howling at the wind, man.

Sometimes I think we've all lost track of what's fun. When Wrel posted that Vanguard vid with harasser physics, for example, all I saw was how it should have been from the start. It looked fun, I felt like I wanted to do that! Much of driving an MBT has felt like driving a turret on a brick (though the traction changes did change that somewhat).
    • Up x 2
  4. Crash Bandicoot

Well said!
  5. Liewec123

or just throw another brick...
    or someone else can hit it with a single AV nade,
    or a single decimator shot,
    or a few bullets from different sources.

nah wait forget all of that, NC maxes are immortal gods!
    VS have absolutely nothing useful, betelgeuse sucks, infinite ammo and no reloads sucks,
    nerf TR, nerf NC, vanu needs help! poor poor vanu!
    WOE IS THE WORLD OF VANU!
    [IMG]
  6. Beerbeerbeer

As an infantry player, I do best playing NC.

I have BR 100s+ across all empires. I have identical playstyles across all empires: infantry and heavy assault primarily. I auraxed the LMGs from all empires. I have over 15k kills across all three empires. 30k on one.

My VS and TR infantry-only K/D ratios are absolutely, and I mean absolutely identical. My NC ratio is almost 7% higher.

NC: 2.35
    VS: 2.2
    TR: 2.2

How do you explain that?
  7. AlcyoneSerene

My NC is also the highest K/D of the 3, who is infantry only plus an AP/halberd vanguard. Granted VS one is when I first started playing, but I have possibly equal play time on VS & TR, and on TR I tried hard to reach and exceed 2, while on NC it was no problem to go above that.
  8. Campagne

Some weapons are entirely designed around spraying and praying. Vulcan and to a lesser extent the Aphelion, and especially all rocket pods and the Banshee for example. It's not really even possible to be super accurate at times with these weapons, and they are all at their maximum high effectiveness when just holding the trigger when looking at an enemy. Obviously spraying with a SAW or and Emissary or such won't work because they require accuracy to be effective. However, they are outliers and extremes.

Canis doesn't really need to aim at the head because unstable ammo will grant headshots without aiming at all. Even so, the mere 20% bonus damage per headshot with UA doesn't really warrant the focused effort. The strength of UA is in the easily-achieved otherwise unrealistically-high accuracy.

The Baron/LH is supposed to be a more accurate semi-auto in line with NS themes. Really all semi-auto shotguns aren't great these days following the shotgun changes and suffer quite a lot if even one or two shells don't land perfectly.

Statistically they are extremely common. If you flip a coin 100 times you may not get a perfect 1:1 ratio of heads to tails, but one could almost guarantee it would be close. The laws of probability support spreadsheets when applied to realistic conditions.

The MAX shield has a limited health pool and can be brought down, doesn't cover the feet or back and sides, and leaves the MAX entirely unable to perform any kind of self-defence. Doesn't protect against mines and probably doesn't against C4, nor does it stop roadkills or shots from above. Furthermore if there is a MAX on a point chances are he had to walk there. Unless he was dropped off by a vehicle he didn't teleport to it.

Forcing an opponent to close the distance opens them up to various vulnerabilities. Not only are they exposed as they move forwards, they are also at risk of easily being flanked and will often cut themselves off from allies in the process. And what is to stop a magrider from simply backing off further, or moving onto a terrain the vanguard cannot? Once the vanguard pops the shield he has the advantage, but at every point in time where that is not the case or where it is not facing the magrider with its front it is inferior to the mag. Once the shield is down the vanguard is dead. If shot from behind the vanguard is dead shield or not. If all the magrider does is sit in front of the vanguard then obviously he would lose.

Literally every MBT is bigger and slower than a harasser and AP cannons aren't exactly meant as AA weapons. (Hence why they can actually kill ESFs...) If that's a problem for you the lightning AP OHKs ESFs as well if you struggle to do so with a magrider.

Very long range, low RoF and single-shot rifles obviously aren't the same thing as high RoF automatics. What good would any sniper be if it took three seconds of continuous fire to kill?

The prowler also does more damage than both of the other two MBTs in that time. In terms of DPS the prowler is significantly better.

If ever firing any number of shots which does not result in a kill the player will be exposed. One shot or ten, to anyone with enough situational awareness to be a threat it won't matter. Better to deal more damage in one volley than in one shot.

Obviously high RoFs are meant for shorter range and vise versa, but this does not mean the weapons can only ever be used or designed for these respective ranges. And again, the high RoF gun will suffer much less in failing to lead properly because overall the higher number of shots fired will have a higher number of shots landed.

I'm not so sure on that. It's kind of a given bursting hurts low RPM weapons more as in a percentage the weapon will suffer a greater DPS loss compared to a higher RoF weapon while both tend to have the same or similar DPS values to being with. If both fire full-auto the high RoF gun will win, and if both burst either will win depending on burst length and range, if only because a lower RoF will probably out range the other. If both weapons had an identical effective range and were firing within that range bursting would still favour the high RPM weapon over the lower one. Any DPS hit of any kind equal in scope will inherently penalize low RoF weapons more than high RoF weapons.

Low RoF weapons are required to burst much more than other weapons, because they bloom considerably than any other weapon. If they benefit from bursting it is only because they have to, akin to a person benefiting from drinking water when thirsty. In close range having the same accuracy as an opponent with a higher RoF gun leads to death unless both parties have 100% accuracy, in which case both players die. In short rang combat the only way for a lower RoF weapon to win is to have higher accuracy than the enemy.

This is only partly true. For the most part the NC do have high vertical and lower horizontal recoil, but his only only very slightly almost entirely across the board. The differences are largely insignificant, while the NC have perhaps a few more single-angle recoil patterns compared to the TR. However, I can't help but notice you left out the VS' recoil patterns. Of which are almost universally superior in horizontal recoil compared to both the TR and NC...

As for CoFs, the higher the damage the lower the accuracy. This is generally true for both initial non-stationary CoFs as well as in CoF bloom per shot. The TR and VS tend to have lower initial CoFs and lower bloom per shot values comparatively.

If the user chooses to remain stationary with any given automatic that is their prerogative. However, do note that the NC's 200/~500 weapons are largely the most punishing for firing while on the move and benefit the user the most to remain entirely stationary while firing.

I don't know why you would ever complain about having an almost flat upgrade to one of the most popular LMGs in the game. About the only thing the NS-15M has going for it over the Bull is the single-angle recoil. But what of the TMG-50? Is that not a comparable long range LMG for TR? Less damage sure at max range, but more accurate and less recoil.

For the NC we basically get the GOD/SAW and maybe the EM6. The SAWs speak for themselves and the EM6 is akin to the TMG-50 but with slightly less strafing accuracy and slightly worse recoil due to the higher FSM.

The AC-X11 is like a SAW but a little worse. The Merc in my opinion is better at range due to the RoF and accuracy advantage, with only a single shot of difference at minimum damage. Alternatively the Razor is a solid mid-long range choice, and is actually my forth highest kill count weapon at 1283. The TR have this same weapon in the Cougar.

Take a shot everybody! It's time to remind someone on the forum that the Serpent exists. That's right ladies and gentlemen, once again someone brought up the GD-7F as an NC-only weapon which crosses over faction boundaries while totally forgetting or ignoring the nearly completely identical Vanu Serpent.

I don't understand what point you're trying to make here. Are you saying the Gladius, Cyclone, Railjack, "highly accurate carbines," Promise, and A-Tross are supposedly TR-esk weapons, or that they are more powerful than they should be? Because unfortunately they are neither.

Gladius is a 200/~500 first of all, and is just flat out trash. See any of the numerous discussions regarding it. Cyclone is as always good but very overrated. If it were so amazing we would see more of them on classes other than infiltrators. Railjack is a legitimate downgrade to the carbon-copy Longshot until about ~200-220 meters and past that point is comparable at best until at ranges surpassing 300 meters. The NC does not have any magically higher accuracy weapons, including carbines. The Promise is by all means another trash-tier weapon with nothing to show of it. The maximum CoF is hilariously large and by the time the limit has been hit the gun is way too inaccurate. On top of that, the Promise has the strangely huge horizontal tolerance of 5, absolutely unheard of. It can be a needle and it can be worse than anything else totally at random. A-Tross is nice, I like it. But it doesn't really do anything the Reaper doesn't and has one of the lowest DPSes one can have in an automatic weapon thanks to the issues surrounding the 200/~500 damage model and the baseline lowest RPM of any standard type automatic weapon in the game. For the record, I've aurax'd the Gladius, Cyclone, and Promise, and have hundreds of kills with both the Railjack and A-Tross.

Speed has many more practical uses than just as an interceptor. Regardless even with the hover-duel meta is higher speed not a significant advantage? Not to mention the overall considerably smaller profile.

The scythe likely would have lost some of its maximum magazine size because it is by far the easiest ESF to use, both when flying and hovering. It ought to have at least some kind of skill requirement somewhere.

The magrider's HE prior to the nerf was considerably over-performing, because yes, it can go places and get slight lines which the other three tanks cannot. The vanguard is designed for direct point-blank 1v1s and suffers greatly in every aspect, from speed to size to reload, if not the worse it's next to it. What doe it get in exchange? An extra shell's worth of HP and a temporary directional resist shield. And I guess alpha damage for whatever good that does. As has been shown many times before the vanguard is basically the worst performing MBT in just about every single metric and ties in the rest.

Does the reaver get good hover stability? I don't know, but it would certainly be less than the scythe I can say that much. Higher top speed for all of five seconds with ABs and slightly faster vertical thrusters doesn't seem like a very major advantage.

The problem is the NC's characteristic traits don't work exceptionally. In fact, they are usually the exact opposite. Low RoF weapons are almost always worse in PS2 and score considerably lower across the board with only a few notable exceptions, of which are of course carbon-copy weapons like bolt-actions and shotguns.

Having weapons with higher skill floors even if the skill ceiling was at all higher as well does not provide any meaningful advantage and once again is almost always worse than easier weapons.

As far as I'm aware they have also literally never acknowledged the fact that the NC have lost the most alerts on every server for the entirety of the game. I'd imagine it would be bad PR to say an entire team almost never wins as would it be to say the game's engine has several game-impacting flaws.

Regardless, if your weapon's RoF is fluctuating it's because your FPS is as well. If FPS is smooth and constant the RoF decrease will be as well. It can be very hard to even notice a difference.
  9. DarkStarAnubis

Campagne,

Where is this documented?

I am genuinely curious because I play all the factions and my KDR as NC (for what it is worth) is better than VS/TR and other players in this thread reported the same.

And I agree, if true it would be a clear signal of faction unbalance in the game.
  10. Pacster3

I love how you entirely IGNORE that TR players say the same about NC. You really think your polemical and manipulative post will do the trick? I don't think so. ;-)
    NC are great when it comes to finger pointing and you had a several year long streak but it does not seem to work anymore on forumside. Darn.
  11. Liewec123

Yes there are some whiney TR players who want everyone's toys nerfed but their own.
    Yes there are some whiney NC players who want everyone's toys nerfed but their own.
    And as we'very seen from you, there are some whiney VS players who want everyone's toys nerfed but their own.
    And then there are the rest of us, who don't want anyone's toys nerfed.

Side note: actually, in the huge nc max PTS nerf thread there were several TR mains against the nerf,
    Even the guy on reddit who did the calculations was TR
    It was odd however that there wasn't a single VS main against an obviously BS nerf.
    So it seems like you picked the right faction to suit you bias and victim complex.
  12. Pacster3

And then we have some whiney NC players like you that complain if their toys get nerfed after they got all other toys already nerfed...but that is "asymmetrically balanced"(we get no nerf, while the others get nerfed into the ground. See, asymetry...balance is overrated anyway. Asymetry is what matters.). I get the picture...
  13. pnkdth

There is no VS conspiracy to nerf NC. A rather odd (and unfair) statement to make just before accusing someone else of bias or having a victim complex.

There are also NC players who support the PTS changes, a random check across the NC MAX PTS threads two of the top upvoted replies were NC players going "yeah, NC MAX deserved to be nerfed." VS players who commented on unstable ammo as "why is this S*** mechanic still being pushed?" Quite a lot of VS players are well aware it will either be 1) useless 2) overpowered. The only real convergent point on the NC MAX seems to be about MAX vs MAX combat being out of whack.

I found this by spending a minute or two browsing Reddit threads. There's plenty of nuance on this subject yet Forumside seems to have plenty more NC biased players which would lead to a false sense of consensus.
  14. AlcyoneSerene

The illustration is about how the game is set up: fewer bullets needed to damage or eliminate a target (using high damage bullets and/or high headshot multi and/or vulnerable armor types) that are burst or shot one at a time, leveraging the pin-point accuracy of the first shot or first few shots, works better than more bullets with lower damage needed to achieve the same goal.

Very high RoF weapons lock the user’s cursor in place while firing as they jitter back and forth very fast, while the user controls the recoil that can be compensated for usually up-down or diagonal, sometimes even almost horizontal to one side. Doing this on targets that move fast at medium or higher ranges is very difficult, and results in a few low damage shots landing.

High damage/low RoF weapons, in practice, can be burst fired to good effect, compensating mainly for high vertical recoil which is much easier to do than angular recoil where a weapon essentially vibrates really fast with high RoF. They allow sending high damage bullets slightly ahead of the target’s predicted path, pause to reposition to the next target’s location, followed by another short set of high damage shots.

The same cannot be done so effectively on the high RoF/low damage guns since they require holding the trigger down slightly longer in order to deliver more bullets, accounting for more complex angular recoil that shakes much faster and effectively locks the cursor in place for that duration.

High dmg/low RoF guns are much closer to battle rifles whose role is specifically for longer ranges, and have more than enough up-close power to make up for the slightly lower DPS, which as mentioned earlier, is a principle still in question short of the original game devs or someone plotting on a graph the DPS of the two extremes in damage profiles over time and comparing them to TTK values.

The practical result of this is TR receiving the short end of the stick with their low RoF/high damage guns, particularly in their LMGs. TMG-50 is an inaccurate RNG-based weapon that cannot be controlled and loses two damage profiles. SAW can be controlled despite one of the highest first shot recoil ‘kicks’ in bursts like a battle rifle and retains its high damage at range with acceptable HVA. TR is forced to use battle rifles or A.S.P. token for MCG/battle rifle to have a viable rounded HA loadout. NC gets it free if discounting the attachments.

I question how truly “significant” that DPS difference really is considering the Vanguard is king in 1vs1 close engagements, has higher base hull values, and where interruptions in RoF are not as significant in tank battles considering recoil, terrain affecting aim, inertia in repositioning the main gun, rear armor ambush alpha strikes, peeking behind cover, or being forced to land two shells instead of one with significant delay between each due to recoil on medium or high distance mobile targets.

I don’t know, in my experience I find it hard to locate the source of sniper fire even after staying exposed to it. Battle rifles at least have very clear streaks. A bunch of bullets, especially if they glow like VS streaks, and the target will be spotted and appropriate cover sought or return fire. More damage in one volley is more streaks in the air for someone to notice the source.

The NSX Tomoe is a good example that has a very tight and predictable CoF and recoil, high RoF (750 RPM), and high damage but only on headshots. It is quite different firing this than ordinary high RoF guns at range, and there’s plenty of situations a sniper rifle, scout rifle, or battle rifle would be overall more effective, which are closer to high damage/low RoF guns.

I thought the opposite until others on the forum here have pointed out it’s not clear cut since if someone worked the math, the graphs would be curved over time, which is why various TTK values would be needed as benchmarks for when each extreme of damage profile reaches that TTK value faster and under what basic circumstances (range and damage falloff). I’m only sure that no one really knows, and so I go by my experience and those of others with a lot of guns that cover that spectrum of high dmg/low RoF and the inverse for various applications.

NC guns, to me come out on top for versatility and effectiveness. TR guns are the opposite. VS guns sit somewhere in the middle, borrowing from both but doing it worse than what each faction’s strengths are: VS guns don’t have as controllable high RoF recoil patterns as TR whatsoever, and VS guns don’t have the high damage of NC guns either. (I still enjoy such tiny variations in all faction guns even if VS ones end up bland or might as well be carbon-copies as in VS assault rifles).

A higher RoF gun with the same damage profile and accuracy yes should always win if the shots land, but the really high RoF guns (Lynx, Torq-9, Watchman) have a lower damage profile, which introduces the uncertainty with TTK and RoF/damage profiles, as mentioned above. I haven’t used the mini-chaingun much and so will leave the heavy weapons out of this as outliers.

The lower horizontal recoil on NC guns is part of why I find them significantly more accurate since vertical recoil can be controlled, while the former cannot, it is completely RNG-based and introduced to try to balance the weapon’s other characteristics. TMG-50 and Jackal (even for an SMG) in particular are really poor.

VS yes I agree has good horizontal recoil, with the exception of the high RoF or angular recoil guns where it is worse than TR’s equivalents: Lynx, Torq-9, Trac-5, T5 AMC and probably others. Such class of VS guns I also find harder to control for reasons I’m still trying to understand, while TR & NC equivalents stabilize better while compensating the recoil.

I’ll have to look at these values more closely myself, and play my NC more to see how they fare in practice.

NS15 has 0.75x ADS, Bull does not. The NS15 has up and slight right bias, the Bull is only up. I prefer angular recoil generally over flat recoil too, since at lower RoF burst firing them doesn’t impact aim too much and I suspect they have other hidden values that allows them to be a tiny bit more accurate in some way because of having to match the angle when holding the trigger long enough.

TMG-50 is in need of a desperate buff in accuracy. It’s the only LMG I’ve wanted to forget it exists, and the only weapon I found an absolute pain to auraxium. Fixing this gun would go a long way to rounding the TR infantry arsenal.

Similarly, the Cougar is too niche for a TR’s high damage/low RoF gun, having accuracy that’s too poor to be worth using regularly. NC’s high damage guns do not have such faults, and their higher tiers of damage actually make up for the struggle to land the shots. I don’t regret getting it, but getting it auraxium meant losing a ton more 1vs1 than I’m used to over a long time frame with any other weapon.

I like the SAW, the first NC weapon I auraxiumed, and have had great success with it, and it is very unique too.

Merc is incredibly accurate, just like the standard carbine TRAC-5 is an underappreciated weapon – hence why I’m after its auraxium variant despite the laser sight. I’m interested in getting more NC guns, and the Razor might be next in line.

The GD-7F has 500m/s bullet velocity, the Serpent has 420m/s. I’m about 140 kills from auraxium on the Serpent, and already have bought the VX6-7 as its replacement yesterday for its slightly higher (by 65m/s) bullet speed despite the downgrade in RoF. Someone also mentioned how much they enjoyed the VX6-7.

Either more powerful than they should be, given how they translate across network limitations and FPS limitations and latency differences across players, or the TR guns are less effective than they should be or have one too many drawbacks to offset their benefits.
    • Up x 1
  15. Pacster3

Stop the presses! NC MAXES got to walk like all others. And they only got a shield for that. Other MAXes on the other hand got a self destruct glowing...and long range weapons...and they FLY! That's why you always see those killer TR and VS MAXes doing long range fights. EVERYWHERE! /sarcasm

Do you not feel the least ashamed to pretend that your OP strength is actually a weakness? I mean, how stupid do you think other people are? We freaking PLAY the game and got eyes to witness what is happening on servers.

Once the shield is down. That is a sentence every other faction would LOVE to say. And once the shield is up again you got a field day. How sad that you can not use the shield at will. Ah wait...

If shot from behind ANY MBT is dead. Isn't it sad that most fights start with opponents facing each other with their rears? Ah wait...again...

Exactly. They are NOT MEANT to work vs air. But guess what...only those of VS really do not do that. Check the statistics for ESF kills of the three empires with main cannons. A VS MBT without a dedicated AA secondary got NO chance against air. With a dedicated AA on the other hand you got no chance against other MBTs(even if they got no shield ready). Catch 22 right there.

VS MBTs are no MTBs, they have to act like heavy stealth harassers...and run whenever a real tank is needed.

Is this another:"Okay, we are better in this...but look at the third faction. I claim they are better than us."-distraction attempt? Worked for you long enough...

And another attempt. Now the Serpent suddenly is op? Nobody ever talked about that(guess why). But after the Orion and Betelgeuse nerfs I guess we need a new target there...amazing. ;-)

Next attempt.
    Yeah. Sure. Believe your words. Oh...and it's the easiest to flip too. Greatest advantage ever. ;-)

Yes, NC toys are worst. Or second worst. Or third worst. Ah wait... ;-)

Fact according to which statistic(I don't buy into your "feeling")? NC got the highest pop(possibly due to overpowered toys) and the highest pop got the biggest fight which then means that the join combat button is more likely to drop you in a fight against them. That means NC got most fights and best chance to get double teamed. That would by the way explain as well why Vanu seems to be rather successful at alerts...with smallest pop.
    This is the most likely reason. No. 2 on list is that noobs choose the largest faction cause they do not want to be outnumbered while skilled players choose the challenge. You idea of Vanu having the most overpowered stuff and NC is worst off is something that you can neither sell Vanu nor TR. We actually play this game too and see it live...
  16. Liewec123

you've got nothing here pacster...
    it isn't whining to tell you to **** with your whining for nerfs,
    and we've already had the talk about "getting all other toys nerfed"
    though you seem to have forgotten already.
    so yeah, you have nothing here. your little "no you!" doesn't work,
    because unlike you i'm neither crying "OP! UP!" or whining for nerfs.

i am perfectly FINE with the current state of the game balance,
    no matter what faction i play or what faction i play against.

can you say the same? or would you like to whine some more?
  17. LaughingDead

If you are only level 82 with VS and not even mentioning what levels you have on TR or NC, let me tell you, that your opinion is going to be biased.

It has no choice but to be. You don't know how hard it is to be an NC or TR, how hard the recoil shifts for one gun or the other, how good that player was that shot you down, how good other players are in your faction, nothing. It's like reading the title of a book and knowing what the contents are.
  18. iStalk

1. Better KDR with NC? Wtf you mean team killing raises KDR?
    2. Vanu, most OP. Cause of spandex
    3. TR power knife is too loud,can be heard through anything.

But honestly, sometimes I do better on NC. But I use the same weapons mostly on all characters (NSX Daimyo + commissioner. ) I mostly play TR now because I got tired of the consent NC TKS. I think the reason why some people do better in NC is because they don't have medics.... think about it. You're more focus in the NC. Less reliance on medics so you're more careful. On TR we have medics. But I'm also more likely to run into a squad with a knife because I know TR have some crazy medics that will revive you infront of a vanguard. In other words, NC lacks team support. So you almost push yourself more to do better because you just assume ain't no one gonna give you ammo or a revive.
  19. Campagne

The website https://www.ps2alerts.com/ has got you covered. On the home page it lists the total number of alerts won by faction including draws and dominations. It also has a nice little graph which goes all the way back to October 29th, 2014. Not the total complete history, I think, but quite encompassing.

Do look at the bar graphs below as well.

KDR can be impacted in a very large number of ways. It could be higher for you simply because you prefer their general playstyle, because you don't play them often and the new and difference weapons feel more powerful, because you do play them the most and know the strengths and weakness, because you played them last when you knew the game better than before, could be a placebo, a confidence thing, could be purely random, could be cause the NC's weapons are in fact better. Could be none of those reasons.

There is also the fact that playing a certain faction does not equate to using their faction-specific weapons and equipment. NS weapons are as popular as ever and even incentivize the player to use them across factions, not to mention all the carbon copies.
    • Up x 2
  20. Pacster3

Yeah, and VS got the better players cause spandex blinds the enemy. Same line of argument. As if anyone goes "There are no medics around...so let's try not to die" while the next day "medics around, let's go kamikaze.". That just ain't how the average player thinks.

Yeah, could be a placebo. KDR, a fixed number on your screen...but it could be a placebo. You know this makes you look pretty much fishing for arguments? It could as well be that he is color blind and just sees the enemy better when they are pink or red...or that his cat always jumps in front of his screen whenever he ain't playing NC. ;-)

Oh no, I'd say the same...if I was maining NC. Like you. ;-)