[Vehicle] Prototype Tank ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sorrn, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Sorrn

Hello, I play PlanetSide 2 for a while, and I saw post on this famous 'Tank' in June 2017, I wondered if it was still relevant? I do not know the news, as it is not announced anymore, I do not know if the game dies, if there is something planned? again ? vehicle skin? a new map? new tank? if possible, if anyone knows a place where I could see the future novelty of this game, thanks to you ^^
  2. Ares8

Here is a link to download the test server game client. Anything new that is set for release will be available to use on there.
    As far as new tanks? No. DBG hasn't added any new vehicles to the game and will not be adding any new vehicles for the foreseeable future. There are a bunch of new weapons, bases, and directives among other things that have been added and the game is still very well alive.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...st-test-server-policies-download-link.114038/
  3. Armcross

I wouldn't be surprise if they killed it. It has similarities with BFR.
  4. LtBomber1

I would desing the prototype tank as a sige tank.

It would have the "mining laser" equipped and can only attack player made bases, no damage do other things. It should be a high health, high resistant turretless vehicle with super short range (50m), that can eat through construction. Maybe give it four seats to load in infatry as support.
  5. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We do have a handful of plans for new content in the coming year, but I can't share any new information quite yet. That being said, we probably won't be adding new vehicles to the game any time soon, unfortunately.
  6. Jac70

They could do something like the Goliath from 2142. The Goliath was a huge heavy APC with a ton of armor and regenerating panels. It was slow as hell, you could walk as fast as it but it had a lot of weapons onboard and you could carry a small squad in it. To destroy it you needed heavy weapons fire focused on the regen panels - each one added to the regeneration strength so as the went down it would take more and more damage.
  7. Skraggz

I'd be happier instead of new vehicles if we added faction flavor to things like harasser, lib, lightening. I am talking about cosmetics only. I know it's been talked about a lot by the community, or has been rather.
  8. OldMaster80

Just guys don't you dare to scrap the Bastion Fleet Carrier. The level of epicness is too high!
  9. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We're interested in adding some more faction specific content too! I like the idea of doing so for vehicle skins.

We won't!
  10. Luicanus

Honestly, while I'm thrilled at the idea of new content I'd also like to see more done with existing content. Base Building is very much a chore in the current meta. OS is worthless with it's current targeting restrictions and HIVEs lose all value after 25k is reached.

Any chance we'll see OS made more usable?
    Maybe launch the OS satellite after a 45 min countdown and have it capable of targeting inside bases, you could have the destructible generators at facilities act as Orbital Shields but when they go down then OS can hit into that base?

And/Or expand on the Glaive IPC with a Gladius HESH and Spatha AP variant. Allow them to be linked by a barrage module and used as a short range (ish) battery against enemy positions.
  11. Armcross

I knew it.
  12. Zahar

It could damage anything, but have a charge up with a very obvious animation (maybe some kind of light where it's gonna fire) and then a 5s long beam damaging stuff in this straight line, with piercing damage and a huge multiplier to structures. This way it would be very satisfying to destroy bases, including infantry and vehicles behind those walls, IF they don't react too all the warning and decide to go down with the ship.

On a different topic, anyone knows why my all access status doesn't show when I post in the forums, please?
  13. LordKrelas

Unless there's something they can actually do about it coring out the Silo, and any modules in the way, not much of a difference.

For the different topic:
    Go to your profile, tags or something, and it should finally notice your status.
    As I think, it doesn't automatically apply it (or remove it), till you update something in there.
    • Up x 1