[Suggestion] To: The Developers (Ability to Build Super Vehicles In Warpgate)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroyer0370, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Destroyer0370

with Cortium.

-Only 1 can exist at a time
    The ANTS bring cortium inside the shielded warp gate
    A person goes to Super weapons Console(i.e. like the weapons/plane spawn) chooses the plans and deploy it inside the warp gate. The ANTS, with the cortium then transfer cortium to the deployed to build it, say apporximately 50 000 cortium. Note: The individual or members of his/her team,if it is a squad or platoon, can operate the Vehicle
    Each super weapon(i.e. Spaceship or Titan Tank) has multiple weapons to be manned, and one main weapon to wipe out a small area.
    - All with have some kind of shielding to increase their life, like rechargeable shielding on infantry.
    - They can only be repaired by ANTS with Cortium, which the ANTS refill at a certain location on them. i.e. a node at the back of the vehicles.
    - When it blows up, it creates a damaging radius just like hives, but larger.

or maybe you guys have other ideas for something, that is like?
  2. HAXTIME

DBG has been devoting increasing effort into increasingly ambitious gameplay elements, but what you described will likely not happen for a while (if ever).
  3. Halkesh

Nearly indestructible, resilient, with weapon that anihilate thing in AoE, enemy can't stop it from being built. And the only drawback is you can build only one at a time ?
    It look like a marysue vehicle, sorry but I think even the concept is bad.
  4. Luicanus

Isn't this really similar to the Mech that killed PS1?

Some sort of overpowered boss type unit that just ruined everything.
  5. Icehole1999

Super no to the super vehicles. Super bad idea.
  6. Destroyer0370

I guess it is a bad idea after all!
  7. Pikachu

People don't want to raise the power ceiling. No super weapons and such... except when they ask for navy with battleships.
  8. Luicanus

See I'm not against extremely restricted superweapons, but they have to be fragile/difficult to activate and maintain. Very high damage output or very high vulnerabilities/costs.

I've argued in favour of letting the OS uplink b able to shoot into bases (but not close enough to hit spawn rooms) with serious restrictions OS costs 20k-30k cortium to build, takes 5 minutes to build and alerts on the map and chat when it's under construction, drains cortium as it expands it's range (at a delayed pace to current range), consumes 10k cortium upon firing and takes a minimum of 5 min before it can fire at minimum range again.

An organised platoon could set one up and maintain it but the cortium drain from operating it for more than a few shots (over a 20-90 minute period depending on range) would be immense, requiring constant resupply of the cortium and presenting the ants as easy prey.

I'd even be cool with it taking 20k per shot, two full ANTs plus whatever drain the rest of the base and the OS charge up takes means you'd need at least 3 ANTs between shots plenty of opportunities for enemies to interdict.

Also on the suggestion of a friend, I'd link the Generators of Bio-labs, Amp-Statiosn and Tech Plants to an Orbital shield that does still block the OS targeting.

The difference is that the OS buff/nerf modification is a support to the armies that can shake up the flow of battle periodically.
    A Titan would be a looming monster that would inevitably attract a zerg to it as it advanced, I don't see it being killable short of an OS under zerg conditions.

The base, however, might attract some defenders to help support it beyond the original build team but many others would continue fighting on the lattice lines.

I think that's the main issue for me, does an increase in firepower aid or disrupt zerging?

I've not heard much about the proposed navy beyond it being floated years ago then never acted on but I suspect the idea would be to have them operate mostly in their own theatre of operation occasionally influencing coastal lattice bases.
  9. Luicanus

It's not all bad at least you've got an imagination, but when it comes to a game this big it has to be considered in context of how it would interact with everything else.
    That main gun you suggested just seemed OP as it sounded like it was a mini-OS that could destroy everything small areas, I could easily see 3-5 Vanguards vanishing in a puff of laser and all the NC getting seriously pissed off at the game.

Adding more powerful weapons is unfortunately tantamount to nerfing everything else, at least in the eyes of those who fall prey to the superweapon. You can see above my proposed modification to the OS Uplink, but even with such restrictions, it could end up being too overpowered in some peoples eyes.