Solution to failed Hossin design - shove it down your throats

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ImBack2day, Jul 26, 2017.

1. ImBack2day

DayBreak will MAKE HOSSIN GREAT AGAIN.....by forcing you to be there instead of doing what really needs to be done - removing it.

Darwinism will take care of TheyBreak(TM)
    • Up x 2
  2. UberNoob1337101

HOSSIN HATERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And what of people who want a continent that isn't Dildar or Wallamir?
    • Up x 4
  3. 1Tap2Tap

In the modern gaming world, challenging environments are unacceptable.

UNACCEPTABLE I SAY!!!

But for real, f*ck Esamir and Indar.
    • Up x 4
  4. DeadlyOmen

It is about time Hossin gets some action.

If you want Dust 24/7, go play Counter Strike.
    • Up x 1
  5. Whiteagle

Honestly, frack Esamir in general...

Who seriously thought that a Three-of-four Corners Warpgate layout would ever work?
    • Up x 1
  6. Calisai

FTFY.

I'm so tired of the biolab lattice choke. It's amazing that anyone ever said in the history of Esamir that it's the Tanker's continent. Yeah.. maybe for one faction. It's the same damn fights every single time. Seriously, has there every NOT been a Mani fight going on?
    • Up x 1
  7. DeadlyOmen

You can thank the lattice babies for Biolab chokes.
  8. x360

who has time to bother with this map,terrain is unpassable in areas,total waste of development,bad by design and thought.
  9. Whiteagle

Uh, we still needed a Lattice man, don't try and defend Esamir's terrible layout with Hex Adjacency because that wasn't any better for the North-West Warpgate....
    • Up x 1
  10. DeadlyOmen

What makes a terrible layout?
  11. Campagne

Hossin is just a ****hole. Usually I'd rather just play a better than PS2 if all I'm left with is Hossin or the perhaps equally awful Amerish.
  12. DeadlyOmen

Cool. Last thing we need on the battlefield is a *****.
  13. Whiteagle

Well most obviously having Warpgates in Three-of-four Corners.
    Since "Warpgates" in PS2 are just Faction Footholds, this means the one Faction in the Northwest corner is always squeezed between the brunt of the other two.
    Notice how on every other Continent the Warpgates are arranged in more of an equilateral triangle?
    Even on the square Maps, one Gate is in the middle of an edge instead of in a corner.
  14. Campagne

Hah!
  15. breeje

everyone hates something about a game, there is no perfect game
    one of the reasons hossin is hated is cause there are no big fights on it
    i will give it a second chance, just because i have no alternative
    but as soon as i see there are no fights on it, i will play a different game
    where are the hossin adjustments wrel talked about in one of his video's a couple of months ago ?
  16. Eternaloptimist

Well, they've made visibility a bit better and now maybe there will be more of the bigger fights on Hossin. That'll be two of my objections to fighting on Hossin addressed. if they could do something about the major (for me) PITA of getting around the place, even on foot, I'll be a happy bunny (or nearest auraxian rodent analogue :))
  17. DeadlyOmen

Are you calling out unintended consequences of a contrived layout?

How would your notions avoid unintended consequences of a contrived layout?
  18. FateJH

I think I know what he might say, so if I may jump in? I'll be using my own manner of speech, though.

As the layout is contrived in the first place, that means there are no qualms in moving things around until there's a general sense of opportunity regardless of which Gate you have to start from. In regards to how the Lattice actually helps, however, that's because most of the lanes of the Southwest Warp Gate and of the Northeast Warp Gate direct combat away from the northwestern Freyr area. Prior to Lattice, the easiest way to get to Eisa was to snake around to the northwest and artificially cut off the Warp Gate there, when they were already artificially blocked off by Mani and Andvari. Here's a map of old Esamir with an overly-generous Lattice mock-up to give you an idea. Ignore that Lattice mockup and focus on territory adjacency.
    [IMG]
    From the Sourthwest gate, you go up one territory, then rightwards one, and suddenly you get to attack Eisa have the potential of cutting off the Northwest Gate from Eisa. Due to the previous capture, you are also pushing Andvari.
    From the Northeast gate, you push two over and you've cut off and are pushing on Eisa, same as the SW Gate. (You may have also been able to push Mani, once, until they flipped a hex.)
    The Northwest gate? absolutely nothing they can do but get caught up in pointless fighting (due to the concept of increased adjacency influencing capture times) and either bully their way through Freyr or try their luck snaking around Freyr, attacking from angles that are unnecessarily difficult to assault from and defending from angles that are treacherous to defend from, being wedged and pressured by the BioLabs, and working harder to accomplish less. The map itself was designed as if to hate on that Gate.
    • Up x 2
  19. DeadlyOmen

That's the tough part. Folks that are happier when they're unhappy will complain no matter what.

The warpgate ownership rotates, so any 'unfairness' is not unevenely spread.

For me (I'm a simple person), it is much simpler to figure out what is provided. I don't think the folks building factories in Stalingrad built them with the object of enabling epic battles.
  20. Whiteagle

Uh Omen, I think it's a pretty obvious consequence if only one Warpgate is equidistant from the other two, it will be the one double-teamed...
    Simplified; It's just easier to attack the Northwest Warpgate from the other two than it is for either to attack the other due to distance.