Time to buff Sundy Health

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trebb, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Kristan

That might work too, if only it won't increase its cost for other classes.
  2. Valenz

Why? Light and Heavy Assaults can still have launcher+munition pouch and Engineer can still have their AV mine+sticky combo.
    The intention, I hope, is not to nerf the light assault class but to balance C4 as a whole and how easy it is to restock for the damage it does (By which I'm going off the common understanding that it does "okay" damage, but that will probably be a discussion of its own)
  3. Mojo_man

I feel that low cost is a huge problem with C4. To highlight it's spaminess I'll cite an example.

Just within the last week I was playing my TR Connery character when the NC began pushing on Sub Terranian Nanite Analysis. Those who know the place know what a glorious cert farm it is to defend. The NC took the surface and even the first basement level of the base. They blew the gen that held up the shields to the lower levels, but they couldn't get down due to the fantastic bottle-neck that exists. I would spawn as a heavy, run to the short grav lifts that push you up to a small cubicle that's normally shielded (Wasn't during this attack thanks to the destroyed gen). I would flick on my shield, step into the lift, time it so that as I reached the top of the lift I was tossing a C4 Brick into the room as I simultaneously pushed myself into the down-lift, and as soon as I was below the lip I would trigger the C4. I would very routinely kill 6+ people with each detonation. Sometimes I would mess up, toss the brick too early and get it on the wall rather than over the lip, or head up the lift right into the waiting crosshairs of a Hack-Max, or not time my shift into the down lift to avoid getting popped before I could set off the C4, but I killed well north of 100 people during about 60 minutes of gameplay.

Any time I survived doing that twice in a row (which was about 90% of the time), I would sprint straight back to the spawn room, reequip so I got more C4, and sprint right back to the grav lift. I did that for an hour straight and never ran out of nanites. Literally, for an hour straight I never even fired a shot from a weapon, I just C4 spammed the grav lift. And I NEVER. RAN. OUT. Hell, I never even got close. I think the lowest I got was about 300 nanites left in reserve. Just before the attack started I dumped 500 certs I had been saving for the last reload upgrade on my prowler into my second C4 Brick for Heavy instead. It certainly had an immediate pay off.
  4. adamts01

I agree, but this ties directly to vehicles being spammable too though. You can't limit C4 without limiting vehicles, but you can't limit vehicles without making them more survivable. I'm all for making both stronger, but fielded less often.
  5. Pat22

How about we just rework the deployment shield so it's stronger and can't be overcome easily by a larger number of weaker attacks?
    • Up x 1
  6. LtBomber1

Wow!
    When i am reading this threads i think realy no one keeps in mind that a sundi can be defended. It has 2 weapons, it can get stealth/shield. It is ONLY worth 200 narnites, the same as 2x C4. Let Mr. Beepy warn you, and a Kobalt makes good work...

Mentioning 1sec killtime vs a sundi is allways wrong, since you have to deploy the C4, switch weapon... I think with blockade a sundi can survive this combo and the thypoon can be outrepped.
  7. Mojo_man

Actually, to be fair, My example was meant to be a statement about the dirt cheap price of C4, but It could also be seen as a demonstration of its versatility. Right now it's not just good, but great at killing literally anything that's not flying.

The often quoted downsides of "You risk losing resources if you place the C4 and then die and can't set it off" and "It takes skill to position yourself to use it" don't hold much water when it can literally be chain pulled for an hour straight (Of actually spending the nanites for it) and the fact that bottlenecks that enemies HAVE to push through exist (In a great many bases, not just the one I was fighting at). In those scenarios it's not like you have to out fox them or really guess where they're going to HAVE to be. Just hold the spot with a super quick, dirt cheap, one shot most anything explosive.
  8. adamts01

I agree with your example, C4 is stupid cheap. But you can chain-pull Sunderers too. Cheap C4 is an ugly necessity in this silly game.
  9. Valenz

??
    • Sunderers require at least 2 people to match the C4's TTK.
    • Sunderers are, much more often than Light Assaults (or otherwise your favorite C4 using class), flagged as High Value targets
    • Sunderers can't redeploy out of danger
    ?? Why?
  10. adamts01

I hate it. But the point is that vehicles in this game are cheap as dirt, so their counter needs to be cheap as well. I like running Libs, and with a 2 person crew they can't destroy me faster than I can pull them. Half the time it just saves me a trip to reload. And that's a 450 nanite vehicle. You have to be trying seriously hard to run out of nanites fast enough to not be able to pull non-stop Sunderers, same with Lightnings, Valks, Harassers.... Everything in the game is built around spam, it sucks.
  11. DeadlyOmen

I wonder what would happen if the sundy was protected by the person that placed it, their team, or the people that spawn from it.
  12. adamts01

I dream of the day. Currently, you'll have every member of a Zerg pull their own Sundy, rush for a deploy point in the next base, and just dump their vehicle wherever because everything in this game is disposable. It's just a simple, meaningless, and crap way to have vehicles represented. So really, every class of infantry being able to OHK a Sundy is no big deal, there are 96+ more waiting in line to take that spot.
  13. Daigons

The Sundy is about to get a new ES rear weapon and the OP wants more Sundy health?
    • Up x 1
  14. Jubikus

blockade armor also works decently.
  15. Jubikus

I think they are going to sit on it for a while. They will probably wait and see how strats adjust do people just try and do what they always done and just whine about it or will guarding your sundy become a thing instead of just making sure they live long enough that you can redeploy back to it. Im in 2 minds on this and i think some time is needed.
    • Up x 1
  16. ResearchPrevails

Deployed Sundies do need a bonus for a couple of reasons:

1. Cheese: Friendly Engineer puts mines under the Sundy. A short while later an enemy engineer just happens to throw a sticky grenade right there, or an enemy infil just happens to shoot the mines. Can't tell you how many times I was guarding a Sundy in one of the turrets with friendlies all around and suddenly the Sundy just explodes, killed by tank mines... from an enemy Infiltrator.
    2. C4 Faries: In the past, any Sundy that didn't have a deploy shield would die instantly to a single LA dropping C4, many times over the edge of a ledge so you can't even shoot at them from the Sundy. LA's aren't even advertised as an anti-vehicle class. Yet how long does it take a Heavy Assault or an Engineer to solo a deployed Sundy? (Meanwhile most likely dying before they finish it due to enemies). The LA most likely dies while fairying but at least they get the kill right? Yes all classes except Infil get C4 but they have to run right up to the Sundy and most likely die before they get to it.
    3. LAs now get an anti-vehicle rocket tertiary (why...) making them even more powerful vs Sundies. Honestly it should be rocket or C4, not both.
    I think deployed Sundies need a damage reduction bonus from deployed explosives (mines, C4). It should be balanced with deploy shield somehow.
    I agree that while fun, mobile battle busses can be cancerous at times, but, that's a separate issue isn't it? We're talking about deployed sundies.
  17. Naracaro

2 C4 will not destroy a sunderer, not even a cloaked sundy. It will do about 98% damage, but you will need to go back for more C4, have another teammate, or wait a full minute before it explodes. Many a time I've been burned on that, because the enemy can just respawn in their sunderer, and take plenty of shots killing you. Or, if you walk away to go get more explosives, they repair.

C4 and a sunderer have about the same cost, but you can repair a sunderer and it provides a lot of other benefits. If C4 was cheap, I could agree, but I'm only going to get 4 before I run out of resources.

If you're looking for protection, you need a shielded sundy or armor. Shielded sundies have a ridiculous amount of health, and recharge in under 10 seconds. Chained explosives do less damage, too. So, 4 C4 will not destroy it all at once. You have to place them and destroy them individually. But, you're not going to get 4 C4 unless you have a teammate. If you're an engineer, you can use 4 tank mines individually, too, but that also requires a good amount of certs.

Now, Ants having the same health as sunderers and surviving 2 C4, that needs to stop. Prowlers are destroyed from 2 C4, yet an ant that can climb hills apparently is made of reinforced titanium.
  18. LodeTria

That's not true anymore. LA now have an AV tool in their used to be empty slot. You can now solo any non-blockade non-shield in the game in under 5 seconds.
  19. YouWannaGetHigh

Aah, I see I see. Some people are actually suggesting Sunderer buffs or C4 damage nerf to Sunderers.

Yet some people are suggesting the complete nerf of C4 in LAs. Hmm, who those people might be? I'm guessing those whiny tank players who have posted hunders of threads crying about how LA destroyed their tank without them noticing and they lost their chance of farming 300 certs with the help of a 450 nanite cost tank.

Shut up already with the whining of C4 LAs and your tank problems. This is not the issue.

This is a terrible idea. This is an insane buff to MBTs. We don't need more MBTs devastating platoons left and right. LA C4 count is perfectly fine. I agree that being able to 1 shot Sunderers is a major issue, but nerfing LA class competely and buffing MBTs just to solve this particular issue is NOT the way to go.
  20. LaughingDead

Thing is, if you nerf C4 damage to sundis, you nerf the C4 engie, heavy, medic and light all at once, not just the light. If you nerf the rocklet rifle to the point where it doesn't kill an on fire sundi quickly or at all (because I'm assuming people are complaining about C4 lights), you create a near useless weapon because you don't fight tanks as light assault nearly as often as you destroy sundis.

Reducing C4 to 1 on ONLY the light assault, gives people the option to use deploy shield so that lights can't immediately kill the sundi like before, light assault still has the typhoon rocklet for ganking tanks with 1 brick or if you're lucky, pure rocklet and all the other C4 classes keep their alpha damage.

I mean there is an issue with lights killing sundis and ending fights quicker than heavies ever could, this is true, however people need to do one of two things:
    1. Nerf the light so it can't end fights quickly
    2. People adapt.

Buffing sundis is apparently out of the question because people don't like vehicle buffs at all.