What is this new art?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Syllabear, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Exitus Acta Probat

Because we don't mercilessly kill the other side in game at ever opportunity possible, and start to get antsy if time goes by and we haven't killed anyone:rolleyes:

I've seen 5 tanks chase down 1 guy, war isn't about honor, its about kiling the other guy before he kills you.

Exactly what is "in the spirit of gameplay" of planetside?
    • Up x 3
  2. Exitus Acta Probat

Do you think for one minute that if you were able to capture the enemy in game, people wouldn't do it?

Have any of you ever played Reign of Kings or DayZ Standalone?
    • Up x 3
  3. Pikachu

More re-color. :D
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  4. WeRelic

Pikachu, this is the best thing to come of this discussion. As always, nice work :D
    • Up x 1
  5. Moridin6

ok so now all i can think about is i want BR120 to unlock 4th Faction Black Ops, and , on Emerald at least, we get sweet green armor..

doing those things in an atmosphere where those tank drivers are laughing and having fun and the guy that died is having fun. think lumifiber, underglow, weird horns going off. Thats planetside2. most of these pics dont look.. fun. they dont show people that sure 5 tanks can chase down one guy but 3 libs and 2 gals are on the way in the background. they dont show missiles flying past and Esf all over. They dont represent, in my opinion, the scale or.. ill say it. Silliness of the game. Yes its a military sim, its war, but we wear pink undies and my head is on fire while i drive a neon lit atv through a Crowd of enemy usually with a swift death to myself from a Red Lit dune buggy that looks like something from MADMAX, soon incoming.

explosions, lots of units across vast terrain, lights and colors and tracers. battle lines, (now) Fortifications . This game has a lot more to offer than this art shows, and is no where near as serious or depressing as most of these pics are.

This game is fun, we chase down one guy with our tank Because its a game and its amusing, my maggy would be flashing and spouting confetti...
    Shooting a kneeling captive in the back of the head isnt fun. Thats something only necessary(?) in real life.

im fine with these staying but we need more art Soon, and get it Right.

EPIC BATTLES > EXECUTIONS
  6. William Petersen

A thousand times this.
  7. LaughingDead

Stop being a sorcerer dammit, you're screwing with the natural order
  8. Exitus Acta Probat

No, it isn't fun being chased by 5 tanks, its pure slaughter and nothing more, straight up execution, its not like I could fight back against 5 tanks and they were in zero danger from retaliation, it was simply for their own jollies.

I play all the factions, when ever I login, which ever side is the underdog is the one I play unless I'm with friends then I go with whatever they choose.

I see a lot of zergs when I play, a lot of gang ****** straight up execution style killing where there is no chance to fight back.

The reality is EXECUTION > EPIC BATTLE whether you like it or not the pictures reflect the true nature of Planetside players.

Not to mention they also depict the mentality of each faction according to in game lore.
  9. Moridin6

yeah maybe you need to change your mentality of playing, i for one know damn well im just going to respawn and come back with a tank/lib/c4, and i enjoy the challenge of Trying to get away from those 5 tanks.

these pictures dont depict the game i play.
    They dont depict the game my Outfit members play.

If youre out there and youre all depressed and sht, and arent having fun to the point THese depressing Murders with no swag no flare and no silliness represent You and your Gameplay, go do something else.

ill be out there having a ball, that is after all, what games are for
  10. Exitus Acta Probat

I don't care for playing tank or lib but you go ahead and knock yourself out though.

I did not say these pictures depicted "Hello Kitty":rolleyes:

If you find those bloodless pictures of a fantasy game where no one really dies depressing, maybe you should'nt be playing war games, hell even the TR one where the NC soldier is on his knees no one gets killed, its your own imagination you are finding depressing.

When someone is "murdered" by your mine or C-4 there is no "swag or flare" to their death nor is there when you farm infantry with your lib you are so quick to grab.

Maybe with your sensitivity issues you should go do something else... I''ll be in Planetside having a ball mercilessly murdering my opponents.
  11. Moridin6

lol now im sensitive..

the fact that i dont think they represent the game has nothing to do with sensitivity. If thats Your planetside, there in those pictures, i feel bad for you, youre missing out. thats my opinion.

now is when i expect youll attack me personally more, say i have sensitivity issues, because THATS the type of person that these pictures cater to. no argument so just attack, COD kiddies.

gg
  12. TheFlamingLemon

I just want twerking VS infiltrators on my load screen
    • Up x 3
  13. Exitus Acta Probat

Yes, your are sensitive, it probably didn't just happen "now" you most likely have been sensitive most of your life especially if you get depressed about a drawing of a fantasy game, but admitting you are is a step in the right direction.

No, its the fact that the old picture didn't really represent the reality of Planetside, yet some how you weren't "depressed" then, now that the art more closely represents the actual spirit of Planetside you are "now" admitting how sensitive you are (your words not mine)

I'm 46 and have fought in wars and thats plural son, nor have I ever played COD.
  14. Moridin6

the old picture represented a Large battle, key word BATTLE, not execution.

you keep calling me sensitive and its Fn hilarious. im a sick,sick F, its not that im offended or depressed or whatever, execute that NC pig, spill his miles of intestines allll over. roll in them. whatever floats

that doesnt mean i have to think this art represents this game. it Doesnt, and youl never convince me otherwise.

and as i ve stated, if thats Your planetside2, i feel bad for you.this is mine
    [IMG]

If executions are your thing theres much better games for that
  15. Keiichi25

Except. In game... If you are shooting the defenders right after the base flips - That's effectively executing them.

If you are shooting/running over a person who bailed out of their vehicle - That's executing them.

You want to lie to yourself that isn't what you are doing... Note, in actual war, if you are not offering the defeated a chance to surrender and kill them, knowing you have them at a disadvantage or give them a chance to surrender - You are executing them.

Game or not... Don't lie to yourself about the actions you are carrying out in a game. Otherwise, you just give some of the crazy people who think FPS players are nothing more than sociopaths waiting to happen, fuel for their laughable argument.

And while this is from a fictional depiction of Omaha Beach...

At time 4:39...

That was, in essence, an execution... This is what happens in the game.
  16. Moridin6

smh

slamming a neon lit galaxy down on someone/shooting them whenever/running them down on flashes/etc with no blood or terrible noises SURE IS THE SAME as hauling out a captive, making them kneel down, and shooting them point blank in the back of the head apparently out in the middle of nowhere .. YUP SAME

get real. this is a game, a BLOODLESS game with neon lights and pink camo and elf horns. yes its a battle, a war. but it not very serious, and you comparing omaha beach to it is absurd to say the least
  17. EPIC389

I'm perfectly fine with these new pics. Really enjoy them

However, my problem is that they don't capture that sense of endless constant warfare like the original bio-lab did

Maybe its just me
    • Up x 1
  18. Pacster3

What kind of crude twisting of reality are you trying here? They claim players are sociopaths because of guys like you that say "This is not a game, this is war...we just do what we do in a war" and that "executions are fine". You are exactly the reason why they say that certain people don't understand the difference between a game and reality....and hence the stuff they do in a game becomes reality at some point. I really start to worry about your messed up head. You are what they worry about...not the average player.
    For most players this is a competitional game...NOT war...and they do not want to see scenes that look like realistic war crimes and take part in that. They do not want that kind of immersion that you obviously crave...for them it shall stay a game far away from reality. They are not bloodthirsty, they are not brutal...they just want ultimate competition without of hurting ANYONE. Go check a doctor, seriously...
    • Up x 2
  19. thebigbortishbort

Hush now fun police.
  20. The Rogue Wolf

I'm surprised no one's mentioned that there only seem to be two women total in the artwork, both VS (skintight spandex), with one doing a ScarJo butt thrust while the other performs knife yoga.