Great.... The game is now boring.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AtckAtck, Apr 28, 2016.

1. AtckAtck

As title says.
    Nobody is attacking anymore. Zero Progress, nobody even tries to capture a base.
    All are now sitting somewhere in the middle of nowhere defending useless structures.
    The continents are underpopulated, yet Queue on everyone of them.
    • Up x 6
  2. Chubzdoomer

The update basically just came out and it's unlike anything we've ever seen before. Obviously, things won't be peachy for at least 2-3 weeks. Right now most players are still coming to grips with the new tools they've been given.
    • Up x 9
  3. Demigan

Great, another guy who can't wait for the metagame to settle.

Just wait a week, most players are experimenting with the construction system, seeing what it can do, trying what attacks work against other players and some general goofing about.
    When they are done with that, a metagame will establish, players will focus on both base capture and construction system, and everything will be OK.

Stop screaming doom and despair just because your regular program has been interrupted! Did you get all up in arms when 30% of the population got into Valkyries and another 30% went dedicated AA? Of course not! You assumed everyone was just trying it out before getting back to business! At least I hope you did.
    • Up x 11
  4. oTec

He's not screaming doom, he's just telling the truth for the current situation. Can't get into indar unless 15m queue, stuck on esamir where nothing is happening except random hives popping up and only 1 lightning and 3 harassers (on average) try to attack a base filled with turrets or a base without any defences at all. I quit after 5mins, 2nd day in a row now.
    • Up x 6
  5. ArcKnight

patience is a virtue that is needed especially after a huge patch in an MMO

give it a week or two and it gets worse by then, then you can rage about it
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

yeah the "Continental Faction Queue" has to GO.
    i don't believe the construction system is good for the game, but the faction queue will KILL the game if not removed.
    this isn't doomsaying, its simple fact, people don't want to play on empty continents and noone is going to sit and wait 10 minutes to play a 3 year old game

tl:dr come on DBG remove the faction queue, it isn't having the effect you wanted it to, it will kill the game if not removed.
    • Up x 5
  7. HadesR

Damned if they do and damned if they don't .. Because being zerged to **** by over pop'd factions was already killing the game ..
    • Up x 5
  8. Moridin6

apparently it was bugged? i dunno. i like the cons system so far but i agree the queue has been bad(so i hear)
    • Up x 1
  9. oTec

I don't need to rage about it. AtckAtck stated the current situation and get's accused of doomsaying. Not evryone here is a troll or a rager. Currently, i just can't get into a good fight, be it on a real base or a player build one. Only thing i see on Amerish are people aimlessly driving around in ants and getting hunted down from time to time.
    • Up x 2
  10. Hoothers

You pop on every thread , trying to bash those who dont like this update and who see their game hindered by this falacy.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, if he feels that the update broke his gameplay, he has all the right to say so
    • Up x 2
  11. Hoothers

no, dbg needs to balance factions first
    vanu needs serious buffs, no one plays vanu, on all servers they are underpopulated, with TR and NC having mostly 40% pop at6 all time
    so, BALANCE FIRST, i play as vanu and i don't have any kind of queue, then again right now we are underpopulated, with nc at 39% and tr at 37%
    faction queue has to stay
  12. XanIves

"All" servers? You're saying that Vanu regularly have 20% pop, with the other factions having 40%?

These numbers would argue otherwise:

These numbers come from Emerald, and yeah, there's about 2.5% less on average when compared to the TR and NC, but so what? Vanu used to always have a 10% pop bonus at prime time, now the TR has a 5% bonus. Whoopty-doo.

You're probably not wrong for whatever server you play, but no server is identical. Connery has problems because the Vanu have zero organization compared to the outfits of NC and TR, but that's not the fault of the Devs, it's a fault of the server culture.

TL ; DR Vanu are not underpowered because your server happens to have low pop at the times you frequent.
    • Up x 1
  13. ridicOne

I'm guessing your Connery comment comes with merit in the fact your a Vanu vet that has played on Connery since launch. The fact of the matter is that VS leadership reigned supreme for along time on Connery.

Numbers don't lie in the end.
  14. ArcKnight

maybe they need to make the que start 20% instead of 10% over the lowest pop faction
    • Up x 1
  15. Demigan

I pop on every thread, trying to put right the wrongs. Giving perspective and telling people to wait before they judge it so harshly. This is not the end of the game, and if done right, this could be a second life for the game.

Also don't you pop up on almost every thread, trying to say "damn right I disagree with it!"

Hypocrite much?
  16. Demigan

Yeah this is the kind of "ddoooooooooooooooooooooom" I'm talking about

"Gee, we have a new construction system, let's ***** about high pop levels and a system that has nothing to do with the construction system, but blame it on the construction system anyway.

Well **** you too. Seriously what the **** are you doing? If you don't like it, just say so, but don't go about making up reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with it anymore. If you want to *****, get your facts straight and don't blame it on the wrong things.

The queue will be fixed, get over yourself.

Edit:
    And the OP is the "doooooooooom" guy, because he can't wait or see how this is just like every single other update that brought new content. People get excited, people try it out while leaving the regular game behind for a while, they incorporate the new doodad into the meta (or leave it as a useless appandage to the game) and inevitably return to the regular program of shooting auraxians.
    But nooooooooooo, After less than 2 days, most of them in fact less than 2 hours or even waaaaaaay before the system went live, they all have to ***** about it, scream how they disagree about things that aren't even close to the truth. From complaints/glorifications that outfits would murder every non-oufit player that even tries to touch any resources to simply saying "Well people are doing other stuff than fighting each other the way they always did because they are busy fighting somewhere else! I don't like it!".

Well boo hoo, they fight somewhere else. As I keep repeating, it will settle, it will be incorporated into the meta, but right now it's a bit messy like every update.
    • Up x 2
  17. HadesR

I'm not saying the current fix is perfect and the %'s could maybe be changed but the rampant over pop we did have was getting out of hand and something needed to be done.
  18. Hoothers

as vanu we are still underpoped, right now during alert, by the other 2 factions
    NC and TR hugely outnumber us , and both focus us also (Cobalt)
  19. XanIves

Wrong server name, got Connery mixed up with Cobalt. My bad Forumside, smite me with thine divine wrath :p
  20. JobiWan

I just tried to play and was stuck in VR for nearly 10 minutes, I couldn't join ANY continent. This was after the hotfix that's supposed to address this.

I'm not sitting around waiting to play a game, the queue system has the potential to kill the game and it needs to be fixed.
    • Up x 5