Shotguns and elitists

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gundem, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Xybranus

I look at things this way. Shotguns are considered 'no skill' weapons, because they require less leeway in aiming, as it's considered easier to aim at a torso, than a face. This is both true and false. If the target isn't moving, yea, it's super easy. Pull the trigger, rack the slide, and watch a corpse hit the floor. If your target is moving, however... a single step to the side at point-blank can literally force him off of your screen. If you take a missed shot with a pump-action shotgun in this case, 99.99% of the time you have just cosigned yourself to a respawn tube.

Shotguns require a completely and vasty different skillset, which is location knowledge. You have to not only know where you are on the map, but, be able to gauge short distances on the move (this takes an astounding amount of time for certain shotguns, as literally every shotgun 'archetype' behaves differently) You have to know where the enemy not only is, but where they're going, and how they are going to get there. Sure, you can use these skills with literally any other weapon and do well, but, for shotguns, these skills are your bread and butter. Mess one of those up, and you're more than likely toast. Add in the 'RNG' factor of the truly rage inducing pump-shotguns, with one archetype sharing poor spread with two others, and the other having the largest spread of any multi-shot weapon in the GAME (up to and including weapons such as the Canister AND Mustang-H), and it can be absolutely frustrating. You do everything right, plan an ambush, have your spot, an enemy walks in PERFECTLY... and you graze him with three out of twelve pellets, because **** you and your planning, he's got a carbine.

Another fun analogy to look at it goes like this: You can teach someone to shoot pretty well in a little under eight hours, the military and especially Marines have done it for years. But there's a reason land navigation is a three-day course, and people still fail it and/or get lost.
  2. SpartanPsycho

Don't start making yourself look ignorant again, those 600m headshots on maxes with dalton don't do themselves y'know <3

Flying low: Hello tank and magnetic tree.
    Hostile spawn: You sure you want to admit that most AA users hide in a spawn room?
    Cruising away: That's impossible, m8, lockons outstrip your meager esf speed.
    The heat vision, you pathetic scrub, its called thermals, aren't you old enough to read about the thing you have such hatred for?

I don't feel like embarrassing you any more, but as a parting shot....
    I was talking about air 2 air lock-ons.....

Oh and before considering other people to have a lack of knowledge of how a game works....

Dalton can't even hit maxes at 600m for two good reasons.

1. The maxes will not render.

2. Vehicle rounds expire @ 500m AKA rendering range for vehicles.
  3. SpartanPsycho

Also hello projection coming onto me..
    Making me feel so-o dir-irty,
    Come on I am on my knees,
    Praying that you'll stop your irrationality,

Sanity Angel come to me,
    This guy is the King of insanity,
    I need to know how to get off my knees,
    To stop letting him make me feel so dir-irty.
    • Up x 1
  4. SpartanPsycho

No its not sustainable.
    How do I know? I'm both the victim and the murderer here. I see people pop flares and get hit by my locks a few seconds later.
    Lock-ons fail at being effective as a weapon, and fail at helping newer pilots. (I've been flying for years, albeit not MLG, and I use lockons to farm people)

Lock-ons are just a massive annoyance, and as mattiace has said, why not make them fun for both sides somehow?
    To be honest I think that people will keep ruining the air game to the point that my have gimballed nose cannons.

FS is really the only choice against lockons as it prolongs your death and you can damage the enemy first.

And FYI, I use lock-ons here and I'm not sure why your trumpeting your joy have angering people while using them.

Also FYI, TENC air lockon squad, get on Emerald and msg WaaWaa about it. We might play together and have some farming fun :D
  5. Gundem

bruh

I can't comprehend how you have the mental energy to reply all these times.

Can you get me your crack dealer's number?
  6. Gundem

*slaps on the hand*

Bad! Don't bring a lock-on discussion here! Bad!
  7. SpartanPsycho

b-b-but he brought it up and I wanted to invite him a lockon party! :(
  8. Demigan

Even if I look ignorant it's only because of the people looking, not because I'm wrong in this case.

Yeah as if there's always a tank just sitting there with both the skill and awareness to fire at you. And if you constantly fly into trees then that's your problem, if you choose to fly into a tree rather than tanking a single lock-on you are making a horrid judgement call, you can easily fly around them.
    This also ignores the fact that more trees is actually better. Hossin has many many more trees, but it's an aircraft haven, which in itself already shows that trees are actually beneficial to aircraft, it's just that many G2A weapons are so inferior that aircraft players are more likely to suicide than die to the G2A weapons. Oh sure a part of it will be because the aircraft decided to make a rough landing or something after getting shot by G2A, but even then it shows a difference between G2A weapons being capable of making a kill and aircraft being able to escape.

Yes definitely, because outside of a spawn room they will easily get chewed. G2A weapons in general are worse off when fighting ground troops, even though all other weapons are multiple-purpose. You agree that G2A weapons are often used from spawnrooms, so you should also see the ramification: using G2A weapons outside of spawnrooms is bad for you, so it's better to pull something else before leaving the spawn.
    It also rams a spike through the whole "but lock-ons are everywhere" argument by your own admission. They are mostly at the spawnrooms, and even then you'll often be hard-pressed to find more than 2.

Yeah! Because these missiles OHK ESF! Oh wait no, ESF can tank them, fly away at cruising speed and come back after repairs, which was the point I was making.

insults even though you knew exactly what I was talking about and no argument against it? Good job! I'll leave the forum to decide if that's good or bad of you, although knowing forumside they love someone frothing at the mouth and screaming gibberish more than anything else. I never got much in the way of positive reactions to my G2A idea's, but just for grabs I made one post where I was swearing and insulting, the result was many more likes and support than all my other posts together even though it said the exact same thing.
    Sigh.

I have nothing to be embarrassed about. And if you are the one limiting yourself to A2A locks that's your problem.

You are talking about a post a long time ago, and back then they had a patch on european servers to try longer range render distances.
    Also, I have a post from an outfit mate where he does a 900m distance shot on an ESF with a Vanguard. Liberators have been able to drop bombs from the sky ceiling on vehicles because the render range is somewhere between 700 and 1000m for all vehicles, ground or air. Air is definitely 1000m distance, but for ground vehicles I've never found conclusive proof what distance they render on, but there's more than enough people talking about 700m+ distance vehicles being spotted and fired upon, also I've personally been tank-sniping at longer ranges than 500m. In fact, the only chart I found said that all vehicle weapons, including Daltons, had a range of 675m. Although I know this data to be false (it said that the Vanguard had that range as well) it already shows how far off you are now.
    Just to recap, you are using something I said more than a year ago, while claiming something wasn't possible even though right then it was, and with a fact that's false (vehicle render range and projectile distance travel).
  9. Demigan

555-dont-mess-with-him

Oh and [IMG]

Taemien brought it up, not me. I just replied to your statement and supplied it with additional info.
    • Up x 1
  10. Taemien

Because its PVP. A rattled opponent is a defeated one.

I prefer to chase off easily angered people, it leaves more potent opponents to deal with. My hope is there is someone like me doing the same thing to the faction I'm playing on so I have better quality of teammates.

You see I'm not a hypocrite. I actually like it when my opponent uses 'dishonubru' tactics against me. It keeps me on my feet. I think its clever and it causes me to come up with a solution. For me its the concept of dealing with a hard situation that gives me the most entertainment.

I can't be engaged by playing inside the box that wannabe elitists try to place people into. Unfortunately for them they have to play outside their terms to deal with me, as I won't play by theirs. No insults, no peer pressure, no reasoning, no begging, or any sort of bribe will sway me from that.

If people like me, dislike me, love me, hate me, disagree, or agree with me.. doesn't matter. I'm going to continue to play how I wish to play.
  11. Gundem

Completely unrelated, but...

MOST HONOURIBRU!~*smashes pontoon into B17 fuselage*
  12. SpartanPsycho

k

are you interested in air lockon squads and other shenanigans? if so, check out TENC. Best group of guys I've found for the lolz and the trollololz
  13. SpartanPsycho

I was referring to Tammie, not you. I've been communicating with both of you.

Don't make an assumption that you're the only person I'd communicate with.
    I need some intellectual stimulation after all.
  14. Demigan

Why are you communicating something for Taemien in a post further directed to me?
  15. SpartanPsycho

I've had enough of this failure to understand.

*air kiss
  16. Gundem

*shotgun kiss back*

Um... Lemme try and glue you back together now...
  17. SpartanPsycho

No no no, not glue that's for just limbs, you need ducktape.
  18. Atis

It happens and your opinion is lest relevant thing here, because it still HAPPENS.
    Well da, how wide do you think balcony is?
  19. Demigan

It HAPPENS... In your dreams.

Not in game.

Which balcony are you talking about?
    One of the Tower Balconies? Too wide.
    One of the Techplant Balconies? Too wide.
    The walkways of a wall? Too wide.
    The balconies on top of AMP stations? Too wide.

I'm having trouble thinking of any balcony that is small enough where a shotgunplayer will be able to hit and kill someone without having more than 50% chance that they will escape in normal circumstances.
  20. Atis

badum tsh

Small ones. Like at medical wing