[Suggestion] Allow the Ranger to aim Downwards.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

That would make it more useful & less of an embarrassment.
    • Up x 1
  2. Iridar51

So it can tickle a wider range of targets?
    • Up x 5
  3. Mezinov

I wouldn't mind if the Walker and Ranger had a wider range of elevations. Could make it so that the Max CoF of the weapon is tied to its current elevation angle - the higher above 0 the weapon is, the tighter the cone, the further below 0 the weapon is, the wider the cone - so as to reinforce its use as an AA, not AI weapon, without limiting it from application in this role.
    • Up x 2
  4. Scr1nRusher

Pretty much.
  5. Eternaloptimist

IIRC Ranger is pure AA in that it sprays rounds relatively inaccurately that bracket a target and then the ones that come close enough explode on proximity? Can't see the application of that against ground targets when you've got Basilisks and Kobalts and Furies and sh*t like that. And the Walker will hit ground targets well enough when they are at a slightly higher elevation, like on a hillside.
  6. Scr1nRusher

It will give the weapon so more purpose.
    • Up x 1
  7. Liewec123

i'd love it if walkers had lower angles too, finally a viable upgrade for a long ranged battlebus!
    i guess DBG are too afraid that it'd be too versatile (like Burster was when they could damage tanks)
    • Up x 1
  8. Azawarau

Why not the Walker too?
    • Up x 1
  9. Scr1nRusher

Why did they nerf the burster so it couldn't damage vehicles?

They should have kepted it.
  10. Scr1nRusher

11. Scr1nRusher

Baby steps.
  12. Azawarau

Id say this is one you could jump on

The only issue i see is the kobalt being much less useful by comparison
  13. Moridin6

not to mention the times my sundy is on a hill all weird and i cant aim at the aircraft flying by..
    +10
    • Up x 2
  14. Liewec123

noone was using anything else, they were semi-viable AI, basilisk-like AV and great AA.
    if we could aim walkers lower i imagine the same would happer, good AA, good AI, decent AV,
    noone would use furys/basilisks anymore :p
    • Up x 2
  15. Gundem

Do you, like, intentionally post bad ideas?

You're on a streak at this point.
    • Up x 1
  16. Scr1nRusher

Making the Ranger be more useful is certainly not a bad idea.

Being salty as you are,definitely is.
  17. WetPatch

How would it make the Ranger more useful?

In every single situation where your shooting something other than a ESF you would be better off jumping out and taking the target on has Infantry.
  18. WetPatch

The Walker can defend a Harasser pretty well against ground vehicles. Once you get a bit of distance between your self and attacker.

If they aimed lower on a Sundie it would be like you said, there would be no reason to use anything other than Walkers.
  19. Scr1nRusher

Who would win?

Spitfire or Ranger
  20. WetPatch

Neither.
    • Up x 1