[Vehicle] Any timeline on Prowler nerf ??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Anantidaephobia, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Anantidaephobia

Seriously, that thing can kill a Sundy so fast it's unbelievable. I just saw ONE destroying Sundies one after the other, completely wrecking any chance of a base capture. No one even had a chance at destroying it because it was dealing damage so fast it could escape soon enough !
    I won't even talk about the other Lightnings and MBTs that crossed its path (the Prowler took some damage, quick repair and ... who's next ???).
    Please don't tell me those vehicles are balanced (especially with vulcans, the "no need to aim, you'll hit it one day or another !" TR preferred secondary ... I wonder why ...).
  2. Jake the Dog

Dafuq you just say?
    • Up x 7
  3. FateJH

The timeline on a Prowler nerf is there is no timeline on a Prowler nerf.
    • Up x 7
  4. ColonelChingles

The Prowler doesn't need a nerf. Other tanks need a buff.

Sunderers should crumple like paper in front of any tank, really. It's just a friggin armored truck. An MRAP. It's obviously light enough to travel quickly and on wheels of all things. Two AP tank shells from any tank (or four from the Prowler I guess) ought to be more than enough to reduce a Sunderer to a flaming wreck.

The issue isn't that the Prowler is OP... it's that other tanks are UP.
    • Up x 2
  5. Scr1nRusher

Someone call the UltraMarines.
    • Up x 1
  6. Jake the Dog

The prowler doesnt need a nerf, the mjol needs a buff, the other long range es av need a buff or gk needs a bloom/velocity debuff
    • Up x 1
  7. Revel

Yeah, because we all want tanks to go back to super death machines again. Maybe we should increase HE splash range to 10m too while we're at it.
    • Up x 1
  8. FateJH

Sounds good.
    • Up x 7
  9. Goldmonk

Really? It's a tank! It's a main freaking battle tank! It's not just the Prowlers! The Maggie tears up sundies, the Vanguard tears up sundies! I'm sorry that one killed you one too many times, but suck it up!
    • Up x 6
  10. Revel

It does. You know what else sounds good? Lockons that fly up and then come directly down on the thin top armor of a tank and kill it in 2 hits.

I mean, if a sundy is just an armored truck a tank is just a tank and missiles easily destroy them.
  11. FateJH

I could swear that lock-ons did that for a time - they pathed upwards into the sky and then came down on the target. (It still counted as lateral Armor hit rather than Top Armor hit because silly calculations.) When was that?

Also, it would still take 5 Decimators on the Top Armor of an MBT, or 4 and bleed damage.
  12. Scr1nRusher

Someone call a ANT.

We need Nanite......errr Salt transport.
    • Up x 2
  13. OldCuban

Whinerside strikes again!

LTP!
    • Up x 2
  14. ColonelChingles

As I've exhaustively discussed in other threads...

YES!

The HE/HEAT nerfs were never needed in the first place, and the tanking community was tricked into accepting those with the promise of equivalent infantry AV nerfs that never came.
    • Up x 5
  15. AlterEgo

Prowler is balanced. All it needs is an extra speed buff.

Magrider needs to deal extra damage up close, and cover a wider area far away.

Vanguard needs to stop acting like an Abrams and start being a futuristic IS-2.

Who's with me?!
  16. Revel

Sure they did. Striker got nerfed. AV turret got nerfed.

All most infantry can do to a tank is stare angrily at it from a distance while it kills them in 1 hit. Phoenix is incredibly situational. Lancer has a long charge time. Striker is still garbage. Dumbfires won't hit any competent tanker past 40m. Light Assaults can C4 you, but you have to let them through for that.

Meanwhile, you shell away from 100s of meters out with OHKs and duck behind cover the second you hear a lockon beep.
  17. ColonelChingles

Uh...

I'm not sure if you knew this, but C4 is ridiculous against tanks. Both NC and VS C4 each account for a greater percentage of MBT deaths than what the VS Magrider AP cannon kills.

Here's the MBT cause of death as broken down by percentages:
    Vanguard AP- 4.74%
    Prowler AP- 4.5%
    VS C4- 3.94%
    NC C4- 3.42%
    Magrider AP- 3.31%
    VS AT Mine- 3.2%
    TR AT Mine- 3.18%
    TR C4- 3.15%
    NC AT Mine- 3.08%
    Gatekeeper-H- 1.89%

So out of the top 10 causes of MBT death... only 4 are vehicle carried and 6 are infantry carried. Collectively, vehicles only account for 14.44% of MBT deaths (within the top 10), while infantry can claim 19.97%!

I mean it's crazy how C4 is more dangerous than HEAT cannons to tanks, but there you go.

C4 really needs to be nerfed (both against tanks and infantry) by making it into a placed charge. 5 seconds of placement time per brick (as how you hack terminals).

AT Mines should be nerfed so that they have an extremely small blast radius... requiring vehicles to drive right on top of them to be significantly damaged.

Nerfing Strikers and AV MANA turrets really didn't help things, as those never were as dangerous to tanks as C4 and AT Mines.
  18. Revel

I'm well aware of this. I'm also aware if you get C4ed its entirely your fault.

lol @ the mines part. How about using thermals and looking at the road? EOD Hud? Running mineguard?

Use the tools provided to you and you wouldn't have a problem. You just want EZ mode farming.
  19. Scr1nRusher

So C4 is r-a-p-e?
  20. Revel

Yes, because equating a guy with a 1HK long range accurate weapon against a guy who can die from any number of causes and must spend 3 seconds deploying c4 and detonating at the cost of his life is somehow a parallel to sexual assault :rolleyes: