Cut the Gatekeeper rage!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MuggieWara, Sep 15, 2015.

1. MuggieWara

OK we ve just got our new toy a couple of weeks ago which is indeed a fine weapon due to its ability to deal consistent damage at any range/combat scenario/enemy vehicle.Now everyone is whining and asking for a nerf because they say they dont have any available equivalent!

Well,im not even going to try to disprove that claim.Just answer me this:

What is TR's equivalent for the RAVEN?
    What is TR's equivalent for the LANCER?
    What is TR's equivalent for the VORTEX?(For the Comet aswell...)

So stop whining,get into cover,repair and flank/get close.
    We have gotten used to it,since it has always been our only chance to survive.
    You ll get used to it too. ;)
    • Up x 8
  2. Flag

Then go do something to the infantry/max balance. Don't **** up the vehicle balance because of it.
    • Up x 7
  3. Ballto21

were making the same complaint the TR make against ravens, lancers, vortexes, etc.

Faction balance does not make game balance, if i had a gun tha shot a turbo rainbow that OHKed ESFs infantry and vehicl3es, making it NS would not balance it, the same way giving the TR and Nc and VS ES variants where one shoots rainbows one shoots kittens and one shoots unicorn tears would not balance it
    • Up x 2
  4. MuggieWara

You got me wrong,only now is vehicle balance OK,because a couple of weeks ago i would have added Saron and Enforcer to that list.
  5. WetPatch

Where is...

VS version of Ravens
    VS version of MCG
    VS version of ScatMax
    VS version of Lock down
    VS version of Iwin shield?
  6. Flag

Then you're not worth the time talking to.

Guess what, the Saron and Enforcer weren't and aren't an upgrade over the Halberd. So tell me then, should the Halberd be nerfed too then?
    • Up x 2
  7. asmodraxus

TR's equivalent to the Raven/ Vortex is the Fracture which does need a buff against vehicles.
    TR's equivalent to the Lancer/Phoenix is the striker (great against Air, not so hot against vehicles but seeing as it got buffed recently that will change), something about its recoil ADS has been decreased from 0.2 to 0.1 ADS Standing COF decreased from 0.5 to 0.25 ADS crouch walking COF decreased from 1.0 to 0.5, similar to that of the Lancer I believe now.

Whats the NC/VS equivalent to the Gate Keeper as its not the Enforcer or Saron as they are merely side grades to the Halberd, which the Gatekeeper is an upgrade from (something about better DPS, projectile speed, Bullet drop and CoF, yes up close they all have similar DPS, now at 300m the Saron's decreases (to below that of the Halberd) due to CoF management, the Enforcer due to having to manage the drop, now what about the Gatekeeper, nope nothing same DPS)

Whats the VS version of the Marauder or Canister? Because it sure isn't the PPA, still waiting on the new PPA after the old one got deleted and replaced with something useless.
    Whats the VS version of the Aegis Shield or Lockdown?

I could go on and say whats the TR/VS version of the tier 4 bolt empire specific bolt action sniper rifle? All empires have good and bad weapons, but when its two empires saying something about one empires weapons, (which look the same to me too the PPA posts) something needs to be looked at.

So to the TR get over the victim complex and realize that the Gatekeeper needs to be toned slightly down now or shortly before it gets hit with the nerf bat the PPA/ZoE suffered after too long.
    • Up x 4
  8. Celeris

Shhhh, it's OK, just relax and face it, the GK is getting nerfed. It'll be OK, you'll cry for a bit and you'll pout but you'll go back to using your vulcans and after a while, you'll forget all about the time DBG made you cry.

But seriously, I hope it gets the ZoE treatment to truly rub it in the faces of all those people who so vehemently defended it when it was clearly indefensible.
    • Up x 4
  9. xSalt

But they are a ranged option other than halbard that have different strengths and weaknesses than the halbard. Just like the gatekeeper is for TR. We have been lacking a long range AV weapon of any kind for years. VS and NC have both had viable options, for years. Please don't take the TR's away just because it makes you grumpy, it's not a valid reason. The saron trades a little range for the ability to mag dump alpha damage in cqc, something the gatekeeper can not do, ever. The enforcer has a bit to much drop imo, but it can fire between reloads and has significant splash and anti infantry potential compared to the gatekeeper. Like the saron, it is more well rounded. The gatekeeper trades well rounded ness for longer range. It sucks against infantry and has no alpha or burst damage for cqc. But, it can pepper you from afar and kill you UNLESS you seek out cover. If you don't seek out cover though, it's not the weapons fault you died.

And please, stop asking for everyone to get the same stuff. This game was specifically designed around people NOT having the same stuff. It's one of the things that make it great.

Oh p.s. They already nerfed the gatekeeper. But you forumsiders don't seem to spend enough time actually in game to have noticed.
    • Up x 1
  10. WetPatch

People keep saying Fractures need a buff to bring them up to Vortex level.

To bring them up to Vortex level you would actually have to Nerf the Fractures.
    • Up x 3
  11. CMDante

VS and NC don't like the TR being able to defend themselves at range, much less actually damage them. Even though the Oracle is showing that the GK isn't much(if at all) out of line. Pretty easy to see.
    • Up x 1
  12. Celeris

Shhhh, it's OK, just relax and face it, the GK is getting nerfed. It'll be OK, you'll cry for a bit and you'll pout but you'll go back to using your vulcans and after a while, you'll forget all about the time DBG made you cry.
  13. FateJH

The Lancer and Vortex provide pinpoint AV damage dealing across a significiant distance.
    ZOE, though in intervals of 15s.
    Magburner, which is arguably better as you don't have to stand around to tank that damage you wanted to mitigate in the first place. Also, like the Vanguard Shield, it comes with a built-in "rear armor weakness."
    • Up x 2
  14. CMDante

Do you have a source for that? I heard the rumor yesterday but I wasn't able to confirm or deny it in game.
  15. Flag

Difference is that the VS and NC options aren't upgrades, which the GK currently is.
    I'm not against TR having an ES flavoured weapon equivalent, but the key word here is Equivalent.

Also, what nerf? In game stats are unaltered, and there's been no "official" word on it.
    • Up x 2
  16. Stormsinger

See my post here for context: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...eper-2-weeks-later.233108/page-4#post-3277400

If there was an adjustment, i'm guessing it was here.
    [IMG]

On 9/7, the kill stats declined sharply, after the patch on 9/6 - if there was an adjustment, then it was in this patch https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside...live_update_detected_at_20150906_0338_pm_pst/

Unfortunately, PS2 redditors toxic'ed the one guy (Shaql) digging through updates for actual changes, so stat changes are unknown.

I may look into learning how to do what he did, he's the only source of unofficial patch notes I knew of.
  17. CMDante

Interesting, that would explain the drop.
  18. Flag

There's BinaryCoder as well.
    And just becase there's a slight change in performance doesn't automatically mean there's been a stat cahnge.
  19. Liewec123

prowler was already the equivalent, you have a sniper tank with unrivalled dps.

the trinity was Ravens, Lancers, Prowlers.
    ravens had extreme accuracy, good damage but less range.
    prowler had extreme damage, good range but less accuracy.
    lancers had extreme range, good accuracy but less damage.
    all 3 had good sides and bad sides, all outperformed the other factions equivalents.
    • Up x 3
  20. Stormsinger

Aha, Binary, yep.

This is quite true, it's just a theory - Sunday the 7th was still in the double XP weekend, and use was still extremely high - IF there was an adjustment at all, it was probably in there.