If you aren't going to nerf the VS LMGs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ALN_Isolator, Sep 5, 2015.

1. ALN_Isolator

T9 CARV 0.75 ADS
    TMG 50 0.75 ADS
    T9A "Butcher" 0.75 ADS
    NC6 GAUSS SAW 0.75 ADS
    EM6 0.75 ADS
    NC6A GODSAW 0.75 ADS

Now it's even across all factions. Oh dear god that 0.75 ADS CARV is going to feel sooooooo good.

Only because the LMG changes (that we wanted) were added then quickly removed.
    • Up x 2
  2. Naphemil

ok,
    Orion 100 mag/200 dmg
    SVA-88/GG 100 mag/200 dmg
    Betelgeuse 100 mag/200dmg

no, now it's even across the board.
    • Up x 1
  3. ALN_Isolator

200 DMG fully automatic weapons is a NC trait. Don't cry it's gonna be ok, you will just be on the same level as us now.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ragnarox

orion 800 rpm/150mag/200dmg
    sva-88 800 rpm/150 mag/200 dmg
    metelgeuse 800 rpm/150 mag/200dmg

oh it feels so good.
  5. Naphemil

lol, .75 ads on lmgs happens to be our trait, but don't cry, it's gonna be ok, you will just be on the same level as US now.
  6. Ballto21

0.75 ads is a vs trait on lmgs.
  7. BIllyGG

750 rifle with no spread no recoil and amazingly accurate in fully automatic

.75 ADS should be the least of your concerns
  8. Hatesphere

I would worry about that gun if it existed as well.
  9. OldMaster80

I'm a TR since beta, never had another character in other factions (besides a few hours as VS just to test the Orion in real fights), and honestly I feel this 0.75 stuff is all mass hysteria. I see a lot of people complaining and immediatly start a crusade because they read of forums 0.75 is OP.

Seriously guys, stop for a while and think how many fights do you lose because of the DADADADA dance? As far as I'm concerned that's maybe 5% of the total.

Sure I die A LOT by the Orion and Betelgeuse, and it's often so fast I don't even see them firing at me. Get out of those VR rooms, make a VS character and spend a few days on the battlefield, then you'll see: the reason why the Orion performs so well is it's extremely precise. At BR 2 you get 100 cert points, unlock the foregrip and it's basically all you need to make a mess. Recoil almost does not exist, there is no bullet drop: all shots go exactly where you are aiming. This has nothing to do with the ADS muliplier.
    And it's the starter LMG so everyone has it.

Do not misunderstand: I also think this weapon is not in line with the other LMGS of the game, it does the job too well while many other LMGs are definitely not at the same level. But changing the 0.75 wont solve anything.

0.75 is a completely different issue, and it wouldn't bother us at all if only characters were not allowed to change direction that quickly in such an unrealistic way. I write this every day: what we need to solve the 0.75 question is to make the ADADADADA less effective. Devs: add momemtum to strafe please, so that we end up this 0.75 crap forever!
    What you suggested would just increase the reasonable gap we have today between HA and the other classes.

Yes, it's basically this. But you know Forumside: every seems to think 0.75 ADS is the problem, and probably only a small percentage of these people took the time to check what's the real situation. Many speak just without knowing the facts, or in the best case tested in the VR (aka the place where everything seems OP).
    • Up x 3
  10. Mythologicus

It's OK, if the latest update truly removed 0.75 from the VS LMG arsenal, the compensation will make them better weapons than they already were.

Have fun.
  11. 0fly0

12. Scorpion97

It was an accident and they reverted them back
  13. HadesR

The NS LMG's beg to differ :)

But anyhow on topic ...

It would be nice to know why the changes were put on the back burner .. If it was down to the 0.75 debate then ok but scrapping EVERY single LMG change due to that would be a stupid move ..

A lot of the changes would have helped the under performing / less used LMG's become more competitive .. And those should have gone through even if the 0.75 weapons remained untouched ...
    • Up x 2
  14. Scorpion97

I'm down with this
  15. Ballto21

bigger mags is a tr trait

ns begs to differ?

no, NS is a gaggle of all the factions traits for the most part
  16. Scr1nRusher

Forumside concerns me.
  17. bLind db

Does this mean the Flare/Ursa get .75 now, too?
  18. OldMaster80

That's what I'll never understand about ps2 development. They made some changes, invested time in development, this is something playera strongly wanted, they pushed everything to the pts, gathered feedback then... scrapped everything?!?!? As customers we deserve at least an explanation. If they better things to do than tuning lmgs they should just say it.
    RadarX wrote they do not waste time in features they think are not worth and just because things are archived it doesn't mean they will never happened. Yes... sure... like PhysX? flamethrowers, drones and resources system...

They could leave Orion and Betelcrap as they are and publish then other changes. Having more weapons tuned would boost the morale of the community and calm down this 0.75 ********.
  19. Bearlover

In the infantry aspect, there are no traits. IMO

When they gave everyone shotguns, faction traits for infantry died.

If empire specific traits existed, it should remain with vehicles. But that is also dying.

You guys talk about traits like you are special, it aint. Free to play game and always going to be constant changes. Thats how beta is, nothing is permanent. All the devs have to worry about is faction population and how to balance that among their players.
    • Up x 1
  20. Shadowomega

The recon drones are fully functional but got shelved as they wanted to make drones their own slot as well as give other classes drones or drone like support to the other classes.

Flamethrowers are fully modeled however the coding for continuous attack, cone of fire area damage and damage over time isn't even in the engine yet. I heard these were being worked on, likely by the engine team, but no clue when they will be out.

Resource system radar did say it was put on the back burner or scrapped, something to that effect, after the buy out and planned move but we were not informed.

PhysX last I heard it was handed over to Nvidia but I got a feeling due to the way the engine was coded and the Directx 9 API that is likely on hold till they get Forgelight 2.0 ready to push to PS2. We likely won't see anything of it till after they move offices.