Based on the number of negative NS Swarm comments...

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Jolanar, Aug 21, 2015.

1. OldMaster80

The Striker is a dumbfire NOW. When it came it worked like the Swarm with 5 rockets instead of 3 a only one fire mode. And it was so OP that it has been nerfed to the ground like the ZOE.

If that's the new trend then I want a pre-nerf zoe for my tr max.
    • Up x 3
  2. OldMaster80

Rocket launchers do not obliterate infantry. As long as you wear Flak Armor.
    • Up x 2
  3. Villanuk

I agree its an utter disgrace, which i has said in another thread.

We have a launcher which is pathetic, pointless and this would certainly make the striker obsolete.
    The striker in the form of the swarm was OP, so how can this be ok now?
    The striker was Empire specific, now its a NS weapon.. and the NC and VS would be ok if roles reversed, no chance.
    Another MASSIVE boost for infantryside without the need for skill or ability, is that DB's idea of balance?
    Your point 4, fully agree with that, it is as i say again, disgusting.
    This is why i will not pay another penny on this game and have not for a very long time and why im playing VS now, TR just get crapped on all the time.
    DB dont plan to address anything, they are making it happen if you, me or anyone disagrees they just dont care.
    • Up x 6
  4. _itg

More AV weapons available doesn't translate to more AV weapon users, unless it turns out to be really OP. The general thought process is, "Okay, I need to kill some tanks/aircraft. Now, which weapon do I use," rather than, "Let me draw a weapon out of a hat and use that for an hour."
    • Up x 2
  5. Kronias

-facedesk- No...for the love of god no. This is the most OP Launcher I've ever seen! How can you think this is a good idea Daybreak!?! ENOUGH WITH THE NS! ENOUGH WITH INFANTRYSIDE! Vehicles are already a horrible joke most of the time anyway! Stop trying to damage the "combined arms" aspect more than you already have! Plus your just slapping TR in the face, yet again. But hey who cares right? because **** TR, their opinions don't mean a damn thing. Gee I can't imagine why all the good TR Outfits left years ago, creating a power vacuum that was filled by the VS. If you bring this weapon to live I will be cancelling my Subscription. This is just ridiculous.
    • Up x 2
  6. FieldMarshall

How is the TTK of the swarm compared to the pre-nerf Striker?
    I find it really hard to believe that they would just make a pre-nerf striker (that they know was imbalanced) and slap a NS sticker on it without trying to balance things.

Im getting a Mag-Scatter vibe from this. People loosing their minds because they heard it was a "pistol shotgun".
    Now its the "pre-nerf striker clone". Sure it looks like a pre-nerf striker, but does it perform like one?
    I cant get on the test server so i wouldnt know though
    • Up x 1
  7. pnkdth

DO NOT BUY THE SWARM.

We've all seen this before. It will get nerfed, and everyone hoping to get their hands of a powerful rocket launcher will demand a refund. Both the Striker and Anni got nerfed, and this is essentially the same weapon with a few quirks added to it. You have been warned.
    • Up x 8
  8. Villanuk

Completely agree with that..
    • Up x 1
  9. Goretzu

If it is a basically a Striker 1.0 clone, then I really don't think it is a good idea, although as NS it won't have issue the Striker 1.0 had of basically clearing the Air and Ground for just one faction, at least.

Although the problem with the Striker 1.0 wasn't so much its actual individual power, so much as it was a no-brainer to take as a HA and once it certain percentage of HAs carried it, then it simply fundementally changed the game (by taking effectively removing enemy Air especially and Ground Vehicles to a lesser, but still significant extent).

Personally I can't see how they can release this at anything other than at a lower power than the Annihilator.

ESRL-wise though it is a plain kick in the teeth for the TR.
    • Up x 1
  10. Fatal_Finn

I just hate to see the NS Swarm... First make the Striker nearly useless and then release a common pool Striker with a lock on. Sometimes I really wish to know the logic behind what devs think.

Was it in this case just "hey you know what would be cool?!" sort of idea, or were they actually thinking what they were doing? If they thought of it, then it's by now clear that DBG will not improve the faction diversity. Ever. So glad I never bought the membership and now I know I never will.

They know how playerbase wants to see more faction specific stuff and then they make weapons and decisions like this. Where's the logic? Ofc they don't need to care about playerbase at all but I wish they were more considerate for their own good.

Prepare to see NS Lancer and Phoenix in the future. If not, then this is just too unfair for TR. If you decide to f*** up, better f*** it up properly once you're at it.
    • Up x 1
  11. koopa

well, doing some tests, so far...

11 missiles from the rear to kill a prowler/magrider/vanguard
    17 missiles from the side to kill a prowler/magrider
    21 missles from the side to kill a vanguard
    20 missiles from the front to kill a prowler/magrider
    22 missiles from the front to kill a vanguard
    8 missiles from the rear to kill a lightning
    13 missiles to the side to kill a lightning
    16 missiles from the front to kill a lightning
    13 missiles from the front to kill a sundy
    11 missiles from the rear to kill a sundy
    7 missiles from the front to kill a harrasser
    7 missiles to kill an ESF
    16 missiles to kill a liberator
    41 missiles to kill a galaxy
    10 missiles to kill a valkyrie
    2 missiles to kill a flash
    5 missiles to kill a MAX

and the average armor hunter squad is something like 6-8 heavies with 2+ medics and 2+ engineer and maybe a max or two which would be about 18-24 missiles per lockon for a squad which is in most cases more than enough to gib 1 vehicle in one salvo outside of a galaxy.

this is more than enough to act as a hard deterrent and enforce flare use again so yeah... no this is a terrible idea
    • Up x 2
  12. FocusLight

So ironic and laughable, coming from a VS player who's faction is widely known for a "we always get unfair nerfs but compensate with epic 1337 skillz anyway" victim complex. Your projecting pretty badly here.

The issue with the Swarmer is this: It's a Striker 1.0 lite weapon, available to everyone.

That's a big problem for three reasons: First of all, it may be weaker as far as overall damage goes but it compensates for that by it's fire-modes making it more versatile. Ergo, we are now right back to the issue of the old Striker, only magnified several times over by the fact that EVERYONE can use this, not just TR.

Secondly, it's out-right superior to the Annie - it has the same no-dumb-fire restrictions but the same locks-tanks-and-air benefit, so it's an all-in-one launcher that, if all 3 rockets hit, will do a little more damage, and even if not, as long as you hit once or twice, that's 1/3 or 2/3 of the damage in, as opposed to 0/1 that results in missing with the Annie.

In short, the Annie is now obsolete, the Swarmer does it's job, only it does it better and with a minor negative, being that the exposure time to fire all 3 missiles is slightly longer than lock+fire for the Annie. That's not much at all.

Thirdly, this is another step in the wrong direction, as far as faction diversity is concerned. This would be like releasing an NS launcher that works just like the Lancer does, only with some tweaks or alterations - this is effectively the old Striker in a new skin, meaning that everyone now get something the TR earlier had as exclusive to them. Another thing that worries me is what I hear about the NS machine guns for MAX suits - practically the TR Chainguns in different skins - that's merely another example of this whole issue.

I would not be so uncaring if I were you, soon enough everyone else get chargeable laser cannons or a heat-mechanic NS weapon and then you will be the one miffed by this whole development. You just don't care atm because you are not one who keep losing your identity as a faction, and you are apparently to uncaring to exercise some empathy. :/
    • Up x 7
  13. OldMaster80

I'm seriously worried by the Swarm: ESF might have it easy at dodging the rockets, and so can Liberators as they have Afterburners. But what about Valkyries? It took 3 buffs to get the Valkyrie to a decent level but still most of players consider it garbage.
    Without Evasive Frame maxed the Valkyrie does not have to agility to get out of rockets lock. It usually does not have flares because unlike Galaxy it does not have safe drop by default so you need the utility slot for Squad Logistic System. And unlike Liberators it does not have Afterburners.

But the fact is you can't effectively test this as population on PTS is too low. And even if I complained about it, who would listen? I'm TR so they would ignore my feedback and just label it as "TR victim complex against the Striker nerf".

Then again... why should I waste my time on PTS? Many times devs just scrapped completely what they had implemented (LMGs balance, new Biolabs, Conquest Mode etc...). So why investing time and providing feedback when they so often decide to abandon their projects without even giving testers a good explanation?
    • Up x 1
  14. lothbrook

Well isn't this a terrible idea.
    • Up x 1
  15. LodeTria

Slow-mode is going to be the best mode for every vehicle except ESF's. No ground vehicle can out-run slow rockets and they home in better too. Liberators can't out-dodge slow ones and can only out-run them if they have the racer frame and AB equipped. Valkryies could maybe dodge slow ones but your gunning isn't hitting anything whilst performing such evasive maneuvers.

For Fast mode, it'll be mostly pants vs ground vehicles and the slower air units. You could try using it to hit something before it goes into cover, but the accuracy will make it miss most of the time and slam into the ground or something.
    • Up x 1
  16. asmodraxus

Its called the Archer, it just doesn't charge up
  17. pnkdth

This stinks of a decision made my the financial department.
    DBG dev: "Ok, we need to fix the Striker."
    Finance: "But people have already bought the Striker."
    DBG dev: "Uh, ok?"
    Finance: "Make a new weapon. NS, so everyone can buy it."
    DBG dev: "But what of the Striker?"
    Finance: "LALALALALALALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU."
    • Up x 7
  18. HadesR

Now compare it to the already in game Anni ... Its roughly 3 swarm missiles = 1 Anni ...
    So no .. squads are not getting a new, never had ability to insta gib vehicles through teamwork.
    They are just getting a different flavour ..

If anything is wrong about the swarm it certainly isnt that its been given OP dmg, but it will be because of the extend range and mobility of the missiles
    • Up x 1
  19. Citizen H

The Archer doesn't have the Lancer's damage output against vehicles. Not even close.
    Head-shotting MAXs aside, the only advantage the Archer has over the Lancer is a better scope and infinite ammo.
    • Up x 1
  20. Takara

So I guess you missed the part that 80%(possibly more) of the announcement thread was not in favor of it partly because it was a TR rip off? Try taking off the conspiracy glasses man.