[Suggestion] To all Infiltrators that snipe

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by IronMouse, Jul 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IronMouse

So I need to do what I principally find unacceptable for a long, long time, in order to have a say in this matter? Seriously? Wouldn't that be hypocritical? Do you imagine I haven't got a perfect idea of how sniping feels/looks? What impact it creates (or the lack of)? Do you seriously...?

Fact is, you can't do ANYTHING meaningful for the battle IF YOU ARE NOT PRESENT. You can stat-pad. Period.

Max. 4x scope and the problem will pretty much be solved.
  2. Nexus2151

I have three things to say to people who snipe is please shoot a ping dart at the point it makes a massive difference to your teams efectivness and you get xp for it. Spot the enemy Sundy if you can see it and finally kill as many support players as you can. Any one is free to play how they wish but its nice if you can help your team out while doing it :)
    • Up x 1
  3. BrbImAFK

Good news, all.... guess what I saw tonight....

OP... camping jump-pads/tubes.... as an infil.... while hiding behind a bunch of his mates!

Hahahahahaha! The cowardice of it all!
  4. LaSouris

You say they don't help, buuuut
    You were obviously a high threat to his team. He removed the high threat. He has suddenly helped his team.

That's what snipers do. Even the ones who just snipe other snipers. Those other snipers could be causing your team havoc. They don't help in a conventional way.
    • Up x 1
  5. Daveofthedead

HAHA! I laugh at your jelly-ness I hope I picked you off at least once. Hopefully while you were running, I get those regularly. Not that I always go for LA typically .mostly medics, engineers and anyone I catch using a vehicle terminals. But I have got a couple LA out of the air. I typically average about 12 to 16 kills before someone gets me.lol
  6. ATRA_Wampa-One

Not sure how I feel about this topic given that in addition to having the Parsec I have the Eclipse, Betelgeuse, and LA armor.
  7. MarkAntony

Basically a snipers success is in what doesn't happen. you aren't getting pinned down by enemy snipers? thank a friendly sniper. your armor column not getting rekt by AV Mana turrets. thank a friendly sniper etc.
  8. LaSouris

Exactly. Solving the problem before it even becomes a problem.
  9. jmdafk

Not at all. Most cases said menace will respawn and be back in the fight within 10 seconds. The skilled killstreak being stopped by a camper is the problem, not the effect on the battle.
    Last night i was killed repeatedly by snipers in one short battle, im guessing there must of been at least 8 snipers. What was happening? The VS were getting pushed out of our TR base. Had those 8 snipers of been playing medic, LA or heavy, odds are the VS would of been able to atleast put up a fight till more sundys arrived (a snipers fire rate and chances to kill a group of enemies in a few seconds is nill). Those snipers as they were just annoyed TR players, who just ran straight back into the fight from the spawn room.
    The VS snipers were picking up kills for there directives presumably, imo they lost the VS any chance to take the base.

Given the amount of times i get killed by VS and NC snipers i personally dont think TR snipers do a good job. Not sure how the other factions feel in that respect?
    Maybe i wouldnt hate snipers so much if i did see TR snipers killing VS and NC ones, or atleast distracting them. Problem is i dont think they want to run the 50/50 gauntlet of a fair (and more fun, i admit its fun playing cat and mouse - sniper v sniper) fight
    • Up x 1
  10. CuteBeaver

Fun story:

While playing with [3GIS] one night, I hacked out the vehicle terminal and my (tink) engineer who was with me pulled a bus. Our engineer /driver hits an enemy tank mine and stops and deploys with critically low dmg. He begins frantically repairing his bus trying to put out the flames. I noticed a couple Heavies on the ridge, (out of range of my xbow) and switch to engineer and helped him repair. We had a pub sniper spawn in right as we started taking rockets. We were barely hanging on versus the incoming damage and he turns and double headshots the two heavies. <3 he didn't even need a reload. Talk about warm fuzzy feelings. Problem solved and not only that, but he turns looks at us as the rest of 3GIS is forming up, the sniper then runs in towards [A] point. I watch as he EMP + No scopes a HA, and flips [A] point. Our squad move directly towards [C] point. His actions enabled our squad to get on point before an angry wave of redeployside hit.

In this situation it was clear the infiltrator knew is rifle, and although he probably wasn't setup for close range when he loaded, he quickly dealt with the situation, under heavy fire, he could have chose to run and leave us burning, but no he dodged enemy fire and rockets and placed those two shots very quickly. Mad respect to snipers when stuff like that goes down. I also saw him picking off enemies from [A] point, as we climbed the stairs to [C].

The problem is the OP doesn't seem to understand for a sniper to be able to submerge themselves into the heavy combat they can't miss a single shot.... I wouldn't expect someone with a fully automatic weapon to understand those risks. For someone like the OP distance and positioning matters more to him. So he can't understand what snipers deal with, and its really not shocking to me. His gameplay experience is vastly different from ours. If a sniper like the one above misses even a single head shot they are typically dead. Everyone has to start somewhere and learn their preferred gun to the point it becomes like an extra limb before going into close combat like that. I'm pretty sure that sniper above was using a V10 or XM98 based on the fire rate. (I couldn't be sure) He wasn't exactly spec'd for CQC. I'd hardly call a player like that a coward. But chances are the infiltrator did spend a considerable amount of time at a distance getting good with his gun though. So while the OP might have called this particular player a coward in the past, eventually he got confident enough to become a force to be reckoned with both CQC and at a distance.

Guess what player I'd rather have on my side? The one that took the time, had the patience not only to work towards self improvement, but also to be able to look at a situation and read it w/o having to say a word. So keep on poping domes and working on your ESP guys. Even if he respects CQC snipers the truth is they all had to start at a distance in order to learn to get closer anyway. There is no pleasing, or appealing to someone like this, hes only looking at the end result...rather then the journey it takes to get there.

I also don't want your respect OP. Its seriously misguided. I work primarily CQC with stalker and knife. Many of my knife kills Id consider to be cheap regular old ambushes. Bread and butter sneak up and stabby stabby stuff. Just like snipers I won't turn those kills down though. Basically the measurement for skill based solely on proximity is ultimately flawed... Some of those knife kills are NOT hard to do. Chaining ambushes is harder but that has little dependency on actual physical skill, or accuracy with the weapon. Streaking CQC is all mental, and guess where someone starts to learn those abilities. Usually sniping or scout rifle play develops your ability to get into your enemies heads, because it gives them the time to read the situation properly... -_- SMG develops movement and positioning CQC. Stalker works primarily on your timing and ambushes. Honestly the infil as class really requires exposure to everything in order to excel.

Really embrace your cheapness guys. Pop domes, snipe turrets, set traps, kill all the engineers while their repair tools are out.... EMP on everything, stabby stabby while the enemy is ADS'd busy shooting planetmans.

Oh yes!

Don't forget to poop mines all over the elevators. <3

[IMG]

Our class is meant to incite keyboard smashing and salt. We are not meant to have fair fights. I apologize for nothing.
    • Up x 4
  11. IronMouse

Can we please somehow sanction this guy for telling lies in both of my threads?

He did not see me, because that never occurred. I don't play snipers and I did not camp anything with any class.

He is counter-productive, is acting like a little, immature child, coming up with lies in the lack of anything smart and relevant to say.

He is polluting the forums and derailing threads.
  12. BrbImAFK

FTFY
  13. IronMouse

Dude, stop following me around the forums, trolling my posts. And that's very mature of you, too, obviously.

I don't see how you contributed to anything in your reply. But yeah, sure...
  14. BrbImAFK

I'm not following you around. You're coming into areas that I frequent and making flamebait posts. And then, when people reply reasonably to you, you insult them, ignore their comments etc. etc. Are you even vaguely surprised that myself and others poke fun at those posts? If so, you really, really shouldn't be.

You don't like infilsnipers. We get it. Fine. Each to his own, whatever. But we didn't come to you... you came to us to spew your hatred and bile. How are you surprised that we lol at you and take the piss?

Now how about you just leave us alone and go play in the LA forums where you'll be happier?
    • Up x 3
  15. IronMouse

It's not spewing hatred. Ease up, dude. I don't hate anyone or anything, I am just voicing what I believe is right. It's your reaction to it that's hateful and intolerant.

I don't CARE if you "lol" at me, as a poor mechanism of "defense" and lack of anything intelligent to say. Lol all you like, it doesn't make the issue go away. What I said is mainly intended towards people who make the calls about the game. You said you don't agree. Fine. If the post bothers you, don't read it and don't participate. Otherwise, please do so in a constructive and polite manner. I am probably older than you are. And age aside, you should have some respect towards people who don't share your views on the game.

First you're telling blatant lies, now you straight up troll what I write.

Rarely is someone replying reasonably here, except for Jubikus and a few others. Please, ask yourself what "reasonable" means. If you're the judge and the jury on your own replies, then you might start suspecting that you're pretty subjective on that matter.

Anyhow, I won't waste my time on you any further. I hope you do get sanctioned on the forums in one way or another, because you need to learn what manners and "constructive" mean, for your own good.

My other post was closed, as it has run it's course. And that's spot on. I believe a mod could close this one up as well, as the point has been made. No need for the kinds of you to start flame-wars or just annoy other people with nothing but lies and insults.
  16. IronMouse

If that's what one does, he isn't cheap. You misunderstood my posts. They apply to cliffside campers. Not to snipers in general. Useful sniper is as good as any other useful class.

Edit: you DO realize how rare useful snipers are? That's the problem.
    • Up x 1
  17. Iridar51

That's an excellent way of putting it into words.

Basically, you're saying "anyone can get a kill by yolo jumping somebody in the face, the skill comes in killing more enemies after that, because enemies will now know you're here, and you'll have to mind game them. But before you can play mind games, you have to develop the skill of killing at least that one enemy, and to do that you might have to do something that would be considered cheap or cheesy".

At this point I'm not sure if you've spelled a mundane boring fact, or a revelation from heavens, and if this somehow can be applied to LAs, but it's an interesting thing to ponder at.:)
    That is most inspiring. Wish I had such a strong mindset :p
  18. RadarX

This one has pretty much run it's course so we are going to go ahead and close it.
    • Up x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.