phoenix useless weapon?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DLL2, May 29, 2015.

1. lothbrook

Nah, lancer has the title of best ESRL and its not even close, and its 100% due to the fact it can be used out to extreme ranges with 0 warning, why it hasn't been reigned in balance wise is idiotic. The striker is indeed incredibly underwhelming even at AA where its supposed to really have an edge but its only doing slightly better than the lancer in that area.
  2. Vixxing

I got Lancer too, but you know what? Make an insane,sick 3charge shot on an ESF with a lancer! WOHOO! now you just need to make that same shot 2 more times! Do it 1 time with a Phoenix! *BOOM* KACHING!!! sure you get loads of assists with Lancer longrange but with Phoenix u get KILLS! (and a ******** of assistpoints!) Beleive me i used Lancer plenty and will still pick Pho both for KAPOW factor and fun of use!
  3. DLL2

You cann't destroy a esf with 1hit and the limit at 300M is ridiculous.
    Ps This weapon is for group but for me it is ridiculous vs lancer or striker i prefer lock and have possiblity to evad than don't move and cry when m phoenix explose at 10m or be killed by enemy.
  4. Vixxing

One hit!=win
    Imagine hitting 10 ESF with sick insane shots with lancer and getting 0 kills 0 score... i know its not easy with phoenix but i got a ******** of ESF kills with decimator and Phoenix alot eazier than decimator and the countless of MANA turrets and maxxes i take out from spamnroom... priceless!
  5. Vixxing

Also i use it as a recon tool at times... Fly it to an enemy sunderer... aha there it is! Pack my bag with some c4 or mines as engie and go get it...
  6. Colonelveers12

I really think that's what he's trying to get across to everyone
  7. \m/SLAYER\m/

you cant OHK ESF with Phoenix, you will set it on fire
    • Up x 1
  8. Kanil

Striker has 6 missiles though, you ought to have fewer kills per shot with it. You're at about a kill every 10 reloads, he's at a kill about every 19 with his Phoenix.

The Phoenix isn't useless, but it's DPS is abysmal and actually getting kills with it is not easy.
  9. Armcross

I miss Planetside 1 Phoenix, I solo killed a BFR with it. From front I can hit the back of the enemy vehicle.
    • Up x 1
  10. DLL2

Before vehicule update your esf was at 30% when your succes your phoenix.
  11. Vixxing

I dont really understand your english but 1 phoenix takes em out unless they are ninjas with firesupprssion!
  12. Vixxing

You might say "Lancer is better vs air!" You be dead wrong try to hit a ESF with a sniper rifle! (really try it!) Imagine u have to do it 3 times in a row with 3s chargetime and no zoom...
  13. Vixxing

I meant that... try to snipe an ESF...
  14. Vixxing

IMO=lancer 30% buff in ESF damage, Striker 20m/s speed buff, Phoenix... hmmm well give it slight speed buff but not needed imo...
  15. RykerStruvian

PS2 phoenix is pretty much a shadow of its former PS1 self.
  16. Armcross

I have doubt PS1 Phoenix feature would come to PS2. Too many crybaby would call it OP. But it's a cool feature.
  17. DLL2

Phoenix don't have any agility vs striker and if your enemy lag you pass through.
    I hope db's have a look at the Pug to be launched or not AV and AI.
  18. Marka Ragnos

I actually love using the phoenix. My buddy loves using a flash. I hop on the back and fire at stuff when we drive by enemy vehicles and low flying craft.. the back of a harasser if a lot of fun too, great for those ones that make it a point to chase us down across a continent.
    • Up x 1
  19. r0nni3RO

^^ THIS :)
  20. prodo123