[Suggestion] A possible change to heavies

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ballto21

I know, another one of these threads. Here are your options: Shut up and take it, or piss off.

This change might, in my mind, make them less of an easymode and overpowered class, while keeping them still viable.

While I will mention the shields, the shield is not the only issue with the class, and its in fact the furthest from the biggest one, i will suggest a change to it here but not a huge one.

First off, lower the shield from 700 to 500 on NMG and adrenaline. The reason for this being that, if two people of decently equal ability to shoot heads met, the heavy would still win. With a 143 damage weapon its seven headshots to kill the heavy but four to kill the other guy (i say 143 since its the most common damage tier ingame). This is where the shield crutch come into play, you will simply outclass every other class in game regardless of their ability (save some extreme cases on either end) and not be as punished for your accuracy, and this punishment is also not helped by the high capacity LMGs. This would make the protection need one-two less headshots to kill, and three(ish) less bodyshots to kill. Now this is still a very powerful ability, and the newer players wont really notice it, and the MLGL33TPROSKILLZ crowd also wont, as they will kill regardless with this shield and the nooblits just wouldnt notice any change (or at least not in a major way) and would bring gunplay into line more than just if the heavy has fast reflexes.

The next issue with the class stems from its "Jack of all trades" ability. With your starter kit, you can quickly, and effectively, kill anything in game. Your rocket launchers can kill maxes in two hit, infantry in one, esfs in one, tanks in four, and libs in four (i think), your LMGs are some of the best guns in game at all ranges (its called ADS, if youre hipfiring with any weapon but SMGs and shotguns youre doing it wrong unless youre in *** slap distance), and the ability to use medkits, and c4, and recon darts (please remove this from crossbows dbg).

What i suggest for this is, remove dumbfire from lockons and give everyone their ES G2G lockon launcher free (refund certs if they already have it) and give the dumbfires to the engineer, limit the resupply cap to the same as underbarrel grenades (or higher, i dont know offhand what the cap is)

This gives them very effective anti air and anti armor weapons and highlights further the engineers demolitions roll. Without such a powerful ***** shooter, the HA cant just rely on corner peeking to knock out maxes. ESRLs should remain on the heavy.

But ballto, what about MAXes? HAs knock them out.

Well, i thought of that too.

Remember AP ammo from PS1? Well, do the same thing here, but without an attachment or detriment. Lower MAX damage resistance to LMGs significantly. Well, not TOO significantly, but noticeably. Since MAXes are usually focused fired anyway, they should still drop pretty fast. This might also help to balance MAXes themselves indirectly.

So what does this all mean in the end?

>Very powerful class ability. Hardly noticeable, but still significant.
    >Still very powerful AV and AA, some of the heavies primary rolls, while highlighting the engys roll and removing some jack of all trades aspect.
    >Still very powerful AI and anti max, requires more coordination but still strong as all hell.
    >Might also indirectly buff resist shield, as NMG/adren will be less proactive which is resist shield domain
  2. Disconsented

Reducing their shielding is not the solution. HA is only a problem because they don't make meaningful tradeoffs RL+LMG+Medkits+Overshield. Medkits are a problem across the board and need to be addressed elsewhere. What I would rather see is that they choose to have a RL + a Carbine/common pool weapon or a LMG without a RL
  3. Ballto21

Medkits are an issue but not exclusive to heavy assaults. By lowering their overall durability it might help this a bit, but we cant change much. Forcing them to lose their rocket launcher for an LMG also wont work, especially with how good carbeans and SMGs work, and how well they do/would work on a heavy.
  4. Wooffgang

L2Aim Mr. QQ.

If you want to balance things around your way of doing it go make your own game there is not a thing in the world stopping you

/thread
  5. Ballto21

Rebuff the PPA QQers. Learn2serpantine.

I hate playing the stats card but my accuracy stats are actually higher than yours, as is my hsr on weapons ive used in the past three weeks (solstice sf, zenith, beamer), thus i can aim better than you and have better stats than you without overshield crutch. Learn2walljump.
    • Up x 1
  6. AxiomInsanity87

That just because of the way you play. You hide in trees and shoot people in the back which is fair play buy you're a typical noob.

You should never be taken seriously for anything where balance is concerned. You're also mostly a solo player.

I honestly do not think this game is for you as you keep whining about nerfs which are not needed.
    • Up x 1
  7. AxiomInsanity87

"Here are your options: Shut up and take it, or piss off". - How we feel about you.
    • Up x 3
  8. Eternaloptimist

It is a measured and thought-out proposal. Better than any other I have seen. I'm not sure about some of the stats on how quickly RLs will kill certain vehicles though. I don't recall one shotting an esf or killing a tank with four rockets unless they were already damaged. As a keen HA player (although I do other classes as well). I'm not sure the RL changes are needed but I could live with the lower shield strength.

That said, I am a reasonably experienced player by now and other classes still don't have too much problem killing me in all sorts of ways, shield or no shield, unless in a face to face, one on one situation. You're getting close but I'm still not entirely convinced that the class needs changing, except maybe to question why they get C4 on top of all the other weapons and gear. After all, they're meant to be uber killing machines and the most balanced counter to a bunch of HAs (which is the one I run into most of the time) is an opposing bunch of HAs.

I admit to a personal preference here....I like big, open country fights and long range assaults where you have to advance over open ground to your objective, then take it. Given the amount of exposure to fire at all ranges when closing with the enemy I'm not sure that weakening HA resilience would promote this kind of play.

I saw a post recently that posed an interesting question, which was why the light assault class didn't get more resilience or damage output. This may seem off-topic but it could well reduce the extent to which HA is seen to be so far above all other classes in killing/staying power.

As to giving engineers RLs, don't you think they already have an impressive array of gear? Not sure where they come into it.

It was good to hear your thoughts.
  9. Ballto21

I do hide in trees but i also ground pound and such, i would apologize for being turbo ******, but im not going to. My accuracy and such actually goes down when i tree****, since im less concerned about being seen (nobody actually looks up for some reason).

Im far from the best player. Hell id barely call myself a decent player, and i doubt anyone should take me seriously in most cases, and if you read what i post in most threads after the op, youd see that unless its concerning the heavy shield or infiltrator cloaking, i dont either. Heavy assaults are an issue, how big of one may be exaggerated, but there are reasons they are the most played class in the game.

I actually cant remember the last time i wasnt in a squad.

I kind of feel this is a 180 from when i suggested the exact same thing in the past and you agreed with me.

Not exactly unexpected. My mission is near complete.
  10. Wooffgang

You are on crack my friend. If you play infiltrator alot it bumps up your HSR by a country mile. I watched your videos you cannot aim. Anyone suggesting changes to the HA shield should not be taken seriously. Just a bad troll. If he turns around and kills you it just means you cannot shoot a gun in PS2

The class is intended to dominate in 1v1 frontal confrontations. LMG's are designed to kill multiple ppl before having to reload. Now you expect to take out your awsome beamer and outgun a T9 Carv or Em6 ain't that right? Mister sherlock why on earth would Adrenaline shield be 20% regeneration after every kill if the user is supposed to lose that 1 on 1 confrontation? Go play hello Kitty

PS:http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Wooffgang#

I cannot find you on the site so I have no idea how you are imagining your infantry HSR is higher than mine. Are you MLG under the radar or smt? And also. I am mainly a tanker. Even when I go play some infantry I have none of the issues you or the OP are talking about. I do play supports a lot and I have no trouble engaging HA users
  11. Yessme

What u wan`t to learn if the HA can Aim too? Oo

HA with anchor, he don`t Need much skill for Headys.
    And i see more BR100 with HA than BR 20..

A max certet HA with middel Skill and some Weapong is ownage vs all classes..

But i have a other idea.
    Giv Medic, LA, engii and Infil more DMG at this Weapongs, with same RDM, and there is no Problem for nerfs or something.
    Just buff The Weapongs for These class.
  12. CipherNine

I think that people who want to see heavy assault nerfed are loud minority. They are usually either infiltrator or light assault veterans. They get their killstreaks by flanking tunnel-vision ridden noobs. However noob HA with overshield takes much longer to kill which ruins their flanking run.
  13. PostalDude

Aw, Im sorry that you failed to kill a Heavy with your "oh so Honorabru" smg infiltrator tatics.

Believe me if you are salty about Heavy Assaults, you will delete the game if medics become the meta.

Infiltrators shouldn't be able to use SMGs, because I cant see them and they start firing first so I die. OP. They can kill anyone in the game with their starting kit, and kill people who are repping their precious farm machines. I suggest we take away cloak from infiltrators, and only allow them to use it when they are using a scout rifle. They should have to choose between having an easymode wallhack or an easymode dissapear button. Kappa

LMGS are garbage except for the Orion or Godsaw, I dont know why you are complaining about them.
  14. PostalDude

You might want to buff your own brain before you complain about Heavy Assault. If anything LMGs need a slight buff, I'd gladly exchange 200 jp from shields to have a gun that doesnt do the dinosaur on me.
  15. Ballto21

This was actually the response i was hoping for.

The primary issue with heavy assault (in both my personal opinion and what ive gathered from general polling of people, and yes i do actually ask high br heavies or non heavies their thoughts on it) the biggest issue is the jack of all trades aspect overshadowing other classes almost completely, and the way the games mechanics work doesnt help (medkit tanking, walljumping, self heals, regen implants, etc). Changing how rocket launchers work MIGHT help this, but also leave them with very good options at rolls theyre already defined to fit.

The shield change would strictly help in closer quarters combat. in large open field fights, or other medium-long range engagements, the shield is less important than the cover either side would have or their options to move. At medium range, both heavies and non heavies can serpantine to cover and return fire, and at these ranges the shield operates more as inbetween cover cover as a reactive ability to incoming damage. At least, thats how ive found it.

engineers do have a lot of toys, yes, but if we give them the option (maybe replace the turret or tank mines/prox mines/c4/whatever) this further defines them into their AV demolitions roll and gives more reason to play the support class, as they would still be great anti max weapons. I would take a deci on my engy or prox mines in a biolab to fight off the hordes of maxes personally.

Giving more resistance/strength to the LA would help, but i think that LAs and infiltrators should have adrenaline pump built in as a passive instead of a suit slot, but thats another story. Thanks for the input.
  16. xMaxdamage

What about two players with equal skill firing each other one self healing and having more dps one being an engineer? And what about one player being able to attack from a roof and one being able to only come from the front door? And what if one player can cloak himself? And what if one can spawn a turret?
  17. Ballto21

Ive been playing LA for the past three weeks (almost) exclusively. The last time i SMG infiltrated was when i auraxed my skorpios, lately ive been vandaling if i infiltrate.

Medics assault rifles are good, and medium assaults will stomp faces, but they are nowhere near as bad as lmgs.

infiltrators (well, tr and nc ones at least) have the worst default kits, and no anti armor/potent antimax. Semi auto snipers are good at max killing but only really the low zoom ones.

MCG

MSW-R

T9_CARV

Rhino (or bull, the 167 one thats not shaky as a parkinson's patient)

Anchor

NS-15M

SVA-88
  18. FateJH

This topic got rude and personal quickly.

As an Engineer, I decline your dumbfire rocket launcher. I (that is, my primary class) has enough toys to deal with already. I know I'm descending from the Planetside Classic certification that opened up as many features are there were Vehicles and as many features as there were weapons in the game; but, that does not mean they have to remain condensed. Anti-Vehicular was also something entirely different, but that is neither here nor there. I would rather the rocket launchers be in the hands of the class whose only merit is to charge forward and deal with threats head-on. It gives them the survivability I would desire to see from a class with such straightforward expectations.
    • Up x 1
  19. Ballto21

The medic self heal can only absorb one more 143 damage bullet if its a bodyshot, it cant heal through a headshot.

Lets say an engy running a vx6 and a medic running a torq (or was it TRV? the 800 RPM TR AR). Equal DPS, boils down to gunplay

Walljumping.

Cloak is 'Eh' at close ranges in most scenarios if youre in a situation where you must move.

Turrets are the most restrictive class ability in the game, although powerful. You become sniper bait and can only look in a 180* arc. Turrets are very situational, but very good in those situations. You play TR, so i assume youve used either max or prowler lockdown, and im sure youre aware of how situational those skills are.
  20. Ballto21

Yeah, it kind of did. I get a bit triggered when people start ******** about stats and how mlgl33t they are playing heavy assault.

Fair enough, maybe if we give more reason to take a lockon over a dumbfire most of the time itll help, or make all dumbfires cost 750/1000 certs and give free lockons.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.