Please buff AA.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IberianHusky, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Jawarisin

I also meant infantry wise.
  2. Goretzu

Honestly G2A is about right currently (except lock-ons need to fly straight for 20-40m before pre-tracking).

The problem is really Air, and the lack of a pure A2A figther that can clear ground farmers with ease, yet has absolutely no A2G capability itself (A2A ESFs can never really fill this role as you cannot make them different and deadly enough as they have to have A2G on the same chassis - a fatal flaw created when SOE rolled the PS1 Mozzy and PS1 Reaver into the PS2 ESF).
  3. ArcticRunner

I'm in favor of making AA lethal, tightened cones and increased vulnerability to dedicated AA (read: Skyguards, AA turrets, Bursters, Rangers, etc.) in all aircraft, ESFs, Valks, and especially Liberators, but in balance, I'd like to give the aircraft a lot of their splash damage on A2G back.
  4. Haquim

Thats nice, but I'm using my A2G ESF almost exclusively to hunt tanks....
    Also besides the stupid fact that Lock-ons start tracking immediately and fly where the ESF will be instead of where it is G2A is absolutely OK.
    The only "Problem" there is with it is: It needs somebody to actually use it. OWNING a G2A launcher will NOT harm the Liberator that is trying to hit you with a full-auto duster salvo.
  5. Pirbi

You don't need to bail, you got hornets. Bailassault was nerfed due to tanker tears anyway. Now if hornets had a range buff so I could get them to a lib before I'm in it's clientside vortex.
  6. Ballto21

Bailassault is more fun because i can blast an underbarrel smoke launcher V6 C4 and suppressed fire infantry nearby. I am maximum tacticool.
  7. Dowlphin

Not a problem. This is why there is XP reward for dealing a certain amount of damage to air targets. Because it's often about suppression, and the game is designed in a smart enough way to reward exactly that. If you still complain about that, you either are a kill stat addict or you need to practice landing more hits with flak.
    What's really important is that a Skyguard scaring away all aircraft is a huge boon to the team. You need to think long term. Imagine your decision to pull a Skyguard made the crucial difference that in a chain of events locked the continent for your faction. Imagine that continent was Esamir. Then you'd have caused your faction a huge discount on more Skyguards. ^^
    • Up x 1
  8. 00000000000000000000

AA Is a deterrent.

Buffing it would make air useless
    Nerfing it would make air (more) OP

Air will either be OP or Useless, its the nature of flight.
  9. axiom537

Pull 2-3 Bursters and toss in an AA lock on launcher or 2 and you will clear the skies in a matter of minutes and get a few kills as well. AA doesn't need buffed, If there are multiple ESF's in the area then you need multiple AA units. What is so hard for you guys to figure this out...If you are upset that the air flies away, then you need to get into an air craft or call in support to chase them down.

If a tank is sitting on a ridge, shelling a base and you pull out a rocket launcher hit him a few times and he backs up. Are upi going to cry that Rockets need to be stronger so that the ground vehicle gets instantly killed. no you pull another ground vehicle and you chase after them and kill them if it bothers you so much...

Stop making this game harder then it needs to be. Stop thinking as a SOLO infantry player you can take on the world and always win. Join a group, work as a unit and you will not have an issue.

If the enemy pulls a liberator then grab like 3 bursters and vaporize them...When they are dead or run away switch to a different class of MAX. If they come back, then switch over to AA and stay that way and defend your teamates...
    • Up x 1
  10. IberianHusky

Don't even go there. I'm not great, but I'm constantly trying to improve.
    • Up x 1
  11. CursoryRaptor

Actually, I think you've touched on a good point right there; air always has the initiative. Ground is always reactive against it, not proactive. Which means that every time enemy air show up, you have to drop everything you're doing and pull AA or risk getting farmed.

That gets annoying.

This wouldn't be a problem if the effectiveness of ground AA vs ground targets got a buff. Not saying they should be as effective vs ground targets as dedicated anti-infantry/anti-tank weapons, but they should be effective enough that the gunner is able to have fun (which is the whole point of any game), and when the call comes to shoot at enemy air it doesn't feel like as much of a chore.
    • Up x 2
  12. CursoryRaptor

Don't take it personally, man. Jawar is always like this with anyone who disagrees with him. Just ignore him.
    • Up x 4
  13. Scr1nRusher

How about we just give the HA a portable Burster weapon?

Like turn 1 burster arm into a weapon that a HA can carry around as a alternative to using the RL's.
  14. Hatesphere

imagine 6 free buster arms, all free firing into the air. yeah sounds like hell for aircraft.
  15. axiom537

Hate to tell you this but Air is and will always have the initiative, because unlike ground troops and vehicle which are tied to a 2 dimensional plane, it operates in a 3 dimensional space. This is why many of us tell people that you must have friendly Air vehicles at any fight, because only those vehicles which operate in the same 3 dimensional space can effectively and proactively defend and attack enemy Air....

I agree about dual purpose AA. Giving the Skyguard a secondary gun has always been a suggestion i have made as well as just allowing tanks to raise their barrels another 10-15%. There is no need to buff AA it is already plenty potent, its just many players to not want to work with others or fly A2A. I do not think infantry based AA needs dual purpose, seeing as it is so easy to just switch max load outs and the AA lock-on can be dumb fired.

Defending against Air is so easy, but i may be jaded because i do not run around Solo and i work with players that do not see it as a bother to swap classes, t fill roles as needed.
    • Up x 1
  16. Scr1nRusher

Who says they would be free?

I'm talking about making a brand new weapon.
  17. Weterman

Gettings an esf to run away is a success. Now he can't do damage to ground targets. He will come back, and you scare him away again. If you care so much about the kill, then chase him.

And for liberators, a liberator with the bottom gunner seat taken, he will destroy a lightning if he gets most hits on him. But it's not that hard to dodge most of the hits, it will be easy to be shooting at him the whole time, so you will be able to kill him, or atleast damage him to the point to where he is on fire.
  18. Prorussian440

as a esf pilot, I can say that you guys are crazy if you think that AA needs buffs lol whoever created this post ig doesn't know that ESFs flares don't work in this game and lock ons are 1 cert, it takes 2 hits to disable an esf and that is bad my friends, especially during the dog fights, VS maxed with overloads are insane, so I don't understand why u ask for AA buff, its like me asking to buff coyotes or rocket pods, because u can run away from it and I don't want to waste my shots on kills that I don't get. sooo No to that request lol
  19. ColonelChingles

Or you could just buff AA so it destroys air that wanders into its engagement envelope.

Arguably that's exactly why AA needs buffs... it cannot chase air so the engagement window is much shorter than with an A2A aircraft. Hence AA needs to do significantly more damage in a shorter period of time than what an A2A aircraft is capable of so that AA is equally effective as an A2A aircraft.

I think if a Liberator sticks around long enough for a Skyguard to unload over one and a half belts into it then we're allowed to pronounce the Liberator pilot clinically dead.
    • Up x 3
  20. Jawarisin

o_O. Well I only got admiration for that. I'm trying to improve constantly myself :)
    If you need help, you can always hit me up though. Without being the best, I'm quite good at what I do; and I'm always glad to help anybody that asks for help :)