TR gun deciding...

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Shutax, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Shutax

I'm about to hit 500 certs, I have the TAR and the t1 cycler, should I get the t1s? or buy some other gun for a different class? thanks.
  2. Lord_Avatar

Basically every TR AR is ace, so it's up to you whether you feel like rocking another superb CM weapon, or ******* up a different class.
  3. RegiusTR

TRV or TAR.
  4. Skiptrace

(This is me with NC Bias) You should put down your more dakka and pick up a gun with some actual ooph, like the Carnage AR (End of NC Bias)

Ok, like the first person said, almost all TR AR's are beast. They all have similar traits depending on the type, Long range guns (Sabr-13 and the T1B Cycler) have burst fire (2 round for the SABR and 3 round for the Cycler) short range guns (TAR and Cycler TRV) have super fast ROF and good mag size. Mid range guns (Cycler S and Default, TORQ) have good all around stats and can be used for just about any situation. Pick one that you like, and use it.
  5. pnkdth

I'd keep saving because that TORQ is just too damn nice. Though having the S variant Cycler opens up certain options.
  6. _itg

You've already got two guns for medic, and they're both good. put those certs into class upgrades, not weapons. Have you maxed out your medic tool? If not, do it.

The Carnage has exactly as much dakka and oomph as the Cycler. They're both 143 damage at 750rpm.
    • Up x 3
  7. Skiptrace

Shhhh.... The Cycler has a worse recoil pattern and no ALS. And is damn near un-controllable (just like all of the TR Guns, except the Trac-5, and it's variants along with the TRAC-Shot.)
    • Up x 1
  8. Mianera

I recommend the TORQ.

If you're going to go with a different class, then:

HA: MSW-R
    LA: LYNX
    INF: PDW-16 Hailstorm

^ Guaranteed fun right there!
  9. Casterbridge

You think the cycler is near un-controllable...I want to say something I just not sure what.

To the OP if you are sticking with medic you could try the Sabr it's a burst weapon but probably the best one in the game and playing with it would be completely different than any of the other medic guns, it's also more of a mid to longer range option compared to your other two.

If not Mianera's list is good.
  10. _itg

Just to be clear, I meant the T1 Cycler. I realize that was ambiguous and could have referred to the TRV (although the fact the TRV has access to the ALS suggests you knew which gun I meant). Damn TR and their bureaucratic naming schemes... Anyway, the T1 has significantly less horizontal recoil than the Carnage, and although it has slightly more vertical recoil (still low), it's not really up for debate that the T1 has the better recoil pattern. That's the tradeoff the Carnage pays for 0.75x ADS and cool attachments like the ALS.
  11. Dumpsterprophet

the problem with tr is that their guns are just mediocre. In terms of the medic class other factions get guns like the reaper dmr, tross, corvus, cme. While tr gets average guns like the cycler that really arent that great. If i was to recommend any medic gun for tr it would be the t1s. Super easy recoil to control, good rate of fire and decent damage.
  12. Dumpsterprophet

msw? Why would you take that recoil monster over something like the bull or t 50?
  13. Casterbridge

That's all in your opinion I'm afraid. The T1 holds it's own quite well against the other two default medic guns great overall dps, larger magazine size and easily controlled, the TAR and TRV are monstrous in close range and can be used further out with just proper burst firing admittedly they take a bit of getting used to, the SABR is the best burst fire gun in the game, and the only one I actually don't feel gimped in using.
  14. Skiptrace

Yea, that's why the Carnage is superior to the T1. The fact that it has 0.75x ADS and ALS more than pays for the really in-consequential Horizontal Recoil.
  15. Dumpsterprophet

Funny how what you just replied to me with is also in your opinion, im afraid.
  16. _itg

It's pretty much the community consensus that TR has the best overall selection of assault rifles, though--and no, I can't prove that, but if you read enough threads on the forum, you'll probably agree that it IS the dominant opinion, even if you think it's wrong. TR's assault rifles are all high-DPS, large-mag guns, and its hard for those to be bad.
    • Up x 2
  17. Dualice

It's true, us Terrans take particular pride in our assault rifles.

To OP, the T1S is okay, though sacrifices some of its close-range effectiveness for versatility. Your default Cycler will always be more effective in CQ. The T1S can be a little more controllable thanks to its attachment options, and SPA is always nice.

This is sound advice right here. Maxing out your AoE and revive/heal tool are great investments.

If you've already done so, the Cycler TRV is absolutely monstrous, though requires more thoughtful engagements as it fires fast, and the reload time is quite slow. It also recoils the opposite way (i.e. to the left) to most other things in the game, which can feel a little weird at first.

The TORQ-9 serves as a fine replacement for the T1 Cycler, though loses some effectiveness at range due to that lower damage profile.
    • Up x 1
  18. Mianera

Because I can handle the recoil. I'm so used to the recoil in FPS games, this doesn't bother me at all, and I am able to negate it and therefore use the weapon with great accuracy. Which it is!

Probably the best TR LMG in my opinion.
  19. Casterbridge

Oh agreed, it is my opinion, just want to make sure no one wants to take your statement as being one shared by everyone. As pointed out above most discussions about the TR AR arsenal are usually positive.
  20. Dumpsterprophet

I actually picked up the msw yesterday and i gotta say its pretty good. My problem is i use most guns mid to long range and thats just not the msw's niche. Im looking forward to using it more.