[Suggestion] this game would be objectively more fun for a majority players if A2G ESF's were toned down.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fleech, Jan 2, 2015.

1. z1967

A lone MBT in the middle of an airzerg is toast. A lone MBT with no support will get t-rekt by AV nests that like to naturally congregate on roads to the next base. Here is a precedent I feel we should set when comparing any unit to another unit:

No unit in the game is, nor should be, capable of surviving alone in any large battle. There are no exceptions, and this is because Planetside 2 is a Numbers game, and not focused at all on the Individual.

I will call this the Numbers Game Precedent. This precedent assumes that the game's design makes it a numbers game. A lone Skyguard is going to get instantly killed if mobbed even by enough CAS Valks (that gun can harm armor right? Whatever, replace it with the Wyvern anyway since the Wyvern is better). No unit shall ever be exempt from this as it applies to all units.
    • Up x 7
  2. then00b

With the air game it's a little simpler to nerf, pilots will still fly when they like, they have the option of being anywhere on the continent in a short amount of time so they can find those niche battles for themselves to farm. All you really do is change how often they have to retreat to repair or reload.
    For infantry and tanks, if you're on Amerish or Hossin, you're lucky to move 2 bases over within 10 minutes, unless you redeploy for infantry, and even then that system sometimes bugs out. I've chosen a nearby sunderer and been spawned on a different continent in an empty base before. If you're in a max, you're screwed unless you have an attentive squad getting you transport.
    • Up x 1
  3. Alarox

• Up x 5
  4. Leivve

Finally a tanker I can talk to on this thread. Allow me to stroke your e-p and tell you how right and handsome you are.
    • Up x 1
  5. Leivve

Why me? there are countless vids already on YouTube. By pilots and gunners who are head and shoulders better then me at flying.
  6. Inex

Technically, Libs 'run to survive' from Skyguards too. And because they're smart enough to be running Awareness, they then rep up and return to do a TB flyby. A single Walker/Burster just doesn't have the DPS to face-tank a Lib.

If you've got a pair, then fine - that can eat a Lib just fine. But as I said, that's well over triple the Nanite and manpower investment.
    • Up x 3
  7. SinJackal

Yeah, because you just HAVE to land every round with it. You can't just fly up and let you gunner easily finish it within a second or two after the tank bust and get away without dying. . .oh wait, yeah you can because it's not difficult.

Yeah because AA is so hard to take out from the air. You can't just bail and C4 multiple MAXes in an AA nest one pass from an ESF and get away without dying.

Oh wait, yes you can. Here's a video of me doing it literally just now on the first attempt:

Not sure if serious.

The Zephyr's only bad if you have terrible aim and/or unrealistically high expectations. What next, air bulldog sucks? Lol.
    • Up x 6
  8. HantuDuppy

As part of the 80% of players, he completely succeeded in defining what would be fun for me.
  9. QuantumSerpent

But how do you know your part is 80%? Have you polled the playerbase? If we're just taking two people as a case study, I can easily pick two people and say 100% of the playerbase would be pissed if this happened.
  10. zuka7

And you accomplished nothing really. Those Maxes will get revived and just wait for your next attempt while they keep the base a no fly zone. But that was a nice bail and C4, although you lost almost all of your shield. You went in on purpose to bail and C4 and you almost failed to time your bail because of how fast your ESF got destroyed.
  11. Demigan

meh, my outfit mates usually get close enough to let a lot of the bullets connect, but carefully avoid coming into the range of ground vehicles. It means that he softens them up and only one or two shots are necessary anyway even at that range.

This needs more likes.
    • Up x 1
  12. DoctorXqY

The game would also be objectively more fun if Biolabs were less ****, and if the Octagon on Esamir was completely ******* removed. **** both of those ****holes.

Seriously, 4 ******* cap points?

******* WHY?
  13. z1967

Well, the 4 cap points allow you to spread the fight out over multiple lanes of fire instead of just 3. Has the disadvantage of causing stalemates at the base, since defenders only need to concentrate on two points in order to stall any capping.
    • Up x 1
  14. Fleech

i agree with this. 1 or 2 is perfect. 3 is pushing it but acceptable, but no base needs 4 cap points.
  15. SinJackal

I accomplished as much as those burster MAXes accomplished by shooting me down the first time. . .actually more, because I got three kills to their one. Did them shooting me down change anything? No, I immediately pulled another Reaver and killed them because that's what the game let's you do. No matter who you kill or how many times you die yourself, everyone will all just respawn and do it again since there is no permenant death or penalty for losing a vehicle. So if killing people is meaningless to you, then I guess the entire game is meaningless. Why even play then if you feel that way?

I didn't almost fail to time anything either. They had no idea I was even there until I started shooting them because of the angle I took and the height I was at. I only started shooting when I knew I had perfect bail c4 position. Tried to sneak in a kill or two before bailing when my health dropped to half, didn't get a cheap A2G kill but I killed all 3 MAXes with C4. It went exactly as planned. Actually better since I didn't expect to survive after collecting my C4 kills. C4 bails almost never fail on campers like that unless you're unlucky or do it wrong.

In the end, their AA nest did nothing to prevent even a single ESF from killing them. All it does is prevent bads from mindlessly farming that small area with their lolpods and AI noseguns.
    • Up x 2
  16. BGrey

I cant believe you are trying to argue about ESF balance based on jumping out with a c4 fairy. This is beyond demented and it has nothing to do with the ESF AT ALL.
  17. task_master

So are you saying that tank mines / ammo pack are unrelated to harasser, that the repair tool is irrelevant to liberator or prowler balance, or that c4 has nothing to do with the flash AT ALL?
    • Up x 1
  18. BGrey

Nope. Oh look you made no point.

To be more clear, obviously there are balance concerns in how things interact and these can be addressed as specific issues. Something like a c4 fairy which can be done in any air vehicle and some ground vehicles does not deserve a place in a general discussion on ESF balance.
  19. current1y

agree with op 100%. As some one who flys, uses vehicles and infantry pounds I can definetly say as infantry I would love getting killed less by A2G ESF.
    • Up x 2
  20. MaxXxKaeos

Listen.. This game is like rock paper scissors. Every class is like that. Every Vehicle has its options and every player has theirs. If you want to shoot Air, there are options and air deserves its option to shoot ground. You cant dictate what you want in a war because you want to win win win, Its selfish. Leave the bloody vehicles as they are because no one that flies ESFs is complaining about the 1 shot kills that come from tanks when the damn TR dont have a 1shot kill tank. It seems everyone who cries on here is from Vanu. arent you satisfied with your magrider? From a dev's POV you lot must look like the most ungrateful players to ever man a control and a character. The NC have a rocket that they can steer with a camera. You vanu have a lazer beam that you can shoot from out of visibility. Whats the TR get? more bullets? more scatter? Your guns dont even friggin kick. I declare this thread a nonsense thread. Go to war and smell what air to ground is like. then write the enemy a message saying. "Pleaseeeee please dont use the jets to kill us, we're too pissy to play smart. We just really wanted to play Call of Duty" ...... #Purgethealien #thewicked #theunclean #TyrannicalRetribution #FortheRepublic!!
    • Up x 1